ACC RaceOnOz ACC [PC] Season 5 Round 6 [Spa] Sprint

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by SteveDrivingSlowly, Mar 2, 2021.

1. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

[​IMG]
    RaceOnOz Monday Night ACC League Season 5 - GT Challenge
    Admin team: @Flamebadger, @krunch, @SteveDrivingSlowly, @nanlatt

Round 6 - SPRINT - Spa 2020
    [​IMG]
    8th March 2021 at 8:15pm
    (AEDT - click for time zone info)

REMINDER: NO CUSTOM PAINTED SKINS ALLOWED DUE TO JOIN LAG! PENALTIES MAY APPLY
    We recommend completely uninstalling custom painted skins from your ACC folders to avoid the excessive join lag issue.

DRIVER BRIEFING NOTES
    • Avoiding Lap 0 and Lap 1 Carnage! - Take extra care as the lights go green as all cars will be in a tight, accelerating pack:
      • Expect cars to be much closer to you and varying in speed due to all the others around so try to leave a tad more space.
      • Assume there are cars in your blind spots and and on the other side of visible cars until the pack spreads out more.
      • In braking zones you must brake SIGNIFICANTLY earlier than you would in general racing.
      • Avoid sudden direction changes unless you are sure you are well clear.
      • If on a straight section don't drift - stay straight.
      • Approach each situation with caution but execute your driving with intelligence.
      • If you need to redress in this tight pack situation keep going until you can move out of the traffic safely before slowing down

• Start Formation - The admin team will be taking a close look at driver's positions at race starts as we have noticed that some cars are getting away with being out of position. Driver's need to be side by side with their row partner and must maintain a reasonable gap to the cars ahead prior to the lights going green. The Kunos start system isn't perfect and still allows cars to be a fair way out of place by the time the lights go green so we will be reviewing starts as a matter of procedure from now on. We will issue warnings or penalties to drivers that we believe are gaining an unfair advantage or disadvantaging other drivers by being out of position. We'd also like drivers to stop all weaving and brake warming as soon as the double file segment begins. These sorts of sloppy grid formations can lead to major crashes in the first few corners so we'd like to clean that up

• Discord voice chat rules and etiquette:
      • if you intend to chat you MUST use push-to-talk. No-none wants to hear your gear clicks, heavy breathing or barking dog in the background.
      • non-excessive chat and banter is OK in Practice sessions.
      • There should be minimal chat in Qualifying sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
      • There should be minimal chat in Race sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
      • If you become frustrated or angry at yourself or another driver DO NOT PUSH YOUR TALK BUTTON. Keep it private!
      • DO NOT CONDUCT ARGUMENTS OVER VOICE CHAT. Sort it out later!
      • ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. There's no place for that stuff at Rooz!
      • Please wait until ALL drivers have completed the final lap of a race before discussing your race.
      • Admins may speak at any time in any session for obvious reasons.

• Optional use of indicators - Should drivers wish to use indicators to assist with managing lapped traffic, they are to be used as they are used on the road - i.e. you should indicate which way you are going - if you indicate left, you go left. REMEMBER TO TURN THEM OFF AGAIN.

• All drivers should read the "Rooz Etiquette guide' and "Rules & Regs" linked below before the start of Round 1.

• Enjoy the battles with others and yourself :)
    SERVER INFO
    Race Server Name:
    "RaceOnOz.com 01 ROOZ [AUS:AEDT] RACE SERVER S5 Rnd6 60min of Spa"
    • The race server will be available to join from approximately 7:45pm AEDT and will kick over to official practice at 8:15pm
    • The server has a locked entry list and will only allow those who have signed up for the season to join it.
    • Qualifying and Practice sessions are open for joining but race sessions are locked.
    • The server won't show in the multiplayer lobby so you will need to search for "raceonoz" or "rooz"
    • PASSWORD: season5
    Practice Server Name:
    "RaceOnOz.com 01 ROOZ [AUS:AEDT] PRAC SERVER S5 Rnd6 60min of Spa"
    • The practice server should be available now.
    • The server has a locked entry list and will only allow those who have signed up for the season to join it.
    • All sessions are open for joining.
    • The server won't show in the multiplayer lobby so you will need to search for "raceonoz" or "rooz".
    • All conditions are set to match those that will be used for the race server.
    • PASSWORD: season5
    NOTE: Wacky Wednesday League Practice - Every Wednesday night we host a semi-closed race practice evening ahead of the upcoming Season 5 championship round. These are very informal and chilled out practice sessions where you can come in and try out set-ups, chat and have some fun racing without worrying about your championship points (this is separate to the 24/7 practice server which is always available). Importantly you can practice close racing moves with far less pressure and less consequence than Monday nights and we particularly encourage those newer to sim racing to join in. There are often excellent tips from some of our top pro drivers too. More info in the Wacky Wednesday League Practice thread.

RACE & SESSION INFO
    This round is a SUPER SPRINT:
    • 60 min race.
    • 15 min qualifying session.
    • One mandatory pitstop for tyres (30 seconds)
    • Full formation lap with UI gizmo and car ghosting on. Getting too far out of position can result in being auto-sent to the pits for the start. Speeding as the lights go green will result in a stop/go penalty.
    • Server time scale multiplier set at 2x for this round.
    • SESSIONS:
      • Official Practice, 45 mins (in game Saturday 10am) - OPEN for joining
      • Qualifying, 15 mins (in game Saturday 12pm) - OPEN for joining
      • Race, 60 mins (in game Saturday 4pm) - LOCKED no joining
    • Weather is set to an average of 21 degrees and conditions look fair across all sessions.

CAR CHOICE
    Season 5 is a fixed car per driver championship. Whichever car you start your first official round in will be the car you use for the rest of the season.

MORE INFO

DISCORD & VOICE
    All important information for racing is available on our forums, however we strongly advise drivers to join our Discord server for for voice and text chat. Sometimes critical information such as server issues, race delays, last minute race format changes, instructions to a specific driver, etc. will be relayed only through the Discord voice channel and text chat. There is also a healthy dose of banter that just makes the round more fun :). Once you sign up for any Season at Rooz you'll be given extra Discord permissions for text chat.

Discord voice chat rules and etiquette:
    • if you intend to chat you MUST use push-to-talk. No-none wants to hear your gear clicks, heavy breathing or barking dog in the background.
    • non-excessive chat and banter is OK in Practice sessions.
    • There should be minimal chat in Qualifying sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • There should be minimal chat in Race sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • If you become frustrated or angry at yourself or another driver DO NOT PUSH YOUR TALK BUTTON. Keep it private!
    • DO NOT CONDUCT ARGUMENTS OVER VOICE CHAT. Sort it out later!
    • ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. There's no place for that stuff at Rooz!
    • Please wait until ALL drivers have completed the final lap of a race before discussing your race.
    • Admins may speak at any time in any session for obvious reasons.
    • Feel free to hang around in chat after the race. Many of us like to have a laugh about things that may have happened in the race and it can be a nice wind-down :)

CUSTOM PAINTED SKINS
    Unfortunately due to the serious "join freeze" or "join lag" issue we are currently not allowing the use of custom painted skins for Season 5. Specifically we are talking about skins painted externally and saved as PNG files that are added to ACC.

We love the idea of custom painted skins and would dearly love to add this rich feature to our league but ultimately the quality of the racing must come first. We have discussed at length a number of ideas and methodologies to try to overcome the problem but these involve arrangements which add complexity for the admin team as well as all drivers involved in the season and still may not result in overcoming the problem. If the situation improves significantly either through better support within ACC or through the community arriving at workable solutions then we will certainly look at allowing custom painted skins into our Monday night league racing.

If you also love custom painted skins then please help us out by searching high and low for real solutions, and by all means feel free to do some testing on our servers including during our Wednesday fun practice nights.

At this stage we are not restricting the use of the in-game editor for creating custom colour schemes. This may change if we find that even that system causes serious join lag issues.

NOTE: As we cannot block the use of skins at the server level we strongly suggest all drivers who sign up to Season 5 remove all custom painted skins from their game installation folders as a precaution. If a custom painted skin has been accidently left selected on a driver's car when they enter the server during a qualifying session causing join lag they will be immediately disqualified from the round. Any driver that has a copy of that joining driver's selected skin will experience a large join lag as that image is loaded into memory. Every other driver on the server may experience some level of 'join lag' even if they have zero customs skins in their game.

Thanks for racing at RaceOnOz​
    CornfordCaster likes this.
  2. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Honda no like squiggly hill corner.
    thatsimracer666 and krunch like this.
  3. Flukey

Flukey Rookie

I seem to have the 991 balanced well for the squiggly hill, its the start of the double left handers, pouhan were the rear wants to overtake the front :(
  4. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Add diff preload
    thatsimracer666 likes this.
  5. CornfordCaster

I have mostly got comfortable with the setup and corners but will try this too :thumbsup:
    thatsimracer666 likes this.
  6. SteveDrivingSlowly

Ahhhhkkk I lost it in aero wash at blanchimont, destroyed my car and took krunch with me! Sorry mate!
  7. killagorilla

killagorilla Rookie

Hmm...that didn't go too well. My apologies, I lost it out of Eau Rouge lap 2 and became a moving obstacle, which was very hard to get around for the guys behind me...car was a wreck. A sorry to the guy I gave a little nudge at T1 lap 2...he braked quite early I thought and that surprised me, but of course my fault nonetheless.
  8. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Well my race was ruined when a bunch of us slowed on Kemmel straight for a nasty yellow flag ahead of us, then someone came barrelling into the pack from behind and wrecked my car.
    Yellow flag means SLOW DOWN.
    I had over 2 mins repair time in pits, had to pit on lap 4 for repairs, meaning my 2nd set of tyres had to last virtually the whole race. Disappointing.
    krunch and CornfordCaster like this.
  9. CornfordCaster

I just watched this back from the perspective of @Mael and he was on brake really early and managed to avoid being involved in the crash, perfect example of what to do. I unfortunately I hit him in the accident that happened early but we both made reasonable enough attempts to avoid that collision too.
    krunch likes this.
  10. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    That was me, Braking at my normal point. :(
  11. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I just managed to avoid you and went mowing the grass. Just about shat my pants but managed to hold onto it.

Highlight of the night was great little battle with @TomHanks nice racing mate!
    krunch, tezpez85, TomHanks and 2 others like this.
  12. killagorilla

killagorilla Rookie

Yeah, I screwed it up...sorry.
  13. CornfordCaster

That was an odd but kind of dull and lonely race from my perspective other than some action at the start and after the pitstops. As per usual Quali wasn't great but it wasn't :):):):) either, I'm not particularly strong at Spa but I guess we'll say it was below average?

The race start had me sweating since we were going 3 wide into T1, thankfully sensibility prevailed and the McLaren backed out. One of the Lexus spun towards the beginning of the fast section at the end of lap, I slowed down and went to the inside to avoid it but unfortunately Mael got caught by the spinning car which made me rear end him and spinning him. I got hit in the rear at the same time here and whilst it was only a relatively minor amount of aero damage I was very tentative in the fast bits because the aero on the Honda (and most cars) is so important at Spa. There was further accidents in lap 2 (RIP Steve) that gifted me some more positions and basically from here on out I was lonely until the pitstops, I could see the guys battling ahead before the stops but I just wanted to keep it safe and clean, take the positions I've got now and don't push my luck.

I think Honda Racing might have the best pit crew since I always seem to gain time in the stops in ROOZ races, I did tell the team not to repair the car since I didn't really want to incur the time loss but I think the overall pace loss may have made up for it in the end? I can't say for sure because again, Spa is not my best track. I jumped Robertshaw in the pits and after the others completed their stops I had a good battle with Medved on his cold tyres before Robertshaw came blasting past on the straight. After these guys were clear I couldn't really hold on to them (You know, the aero damage and confidence thing) and I just fell into a kind of lonely gap until the end like in the first stint of the race. Also I think I might have put on used tyres at the stop? They felt flat-spotty so it took a while to get used to that as well, I started the 2.4 last season on flat-spotted practise tyres so maybe that's my special thing I do a Spa.

Overall this was the most average race but I was fortunate compared to some who got caught in that lap 2 stuff. Pretty nasty fellas.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    krunch and tezpez85 like this.
  14. WALLZY

WALLZY Rookie Gold Member

A pretty good race for me.

I bottled qualifying as i always seem to do so started near the back.
    I managed to avoid all the first lap craziness and then had a great battle with Tam for a few laps. I finally got past but struggled to pull away. I went a bit longer before my pit stop than everyone else so I got to enjoy the clean air & I also got a nice clean stop so I managed to jump a couple of positions but ended up in no mans land and a very lonely last stint, to come home in 13th.
    See below the highlights for me during the race.
  15. TomHanks

TomHanks Rookie

Well considering I was dead last on the first lap that turned into a fun race, even had a few on track passes.
    Must have spent about a third of the race holding up Astons, @UrsineSaturn9 in the first stint then slowed down @Mael for 5 or 6 laps towards the end despite him being 1.5s per lap faster
    Tangled with one of the Tsakhoevs but luckily didn't affect his race.

Lap 3 eau rouge looks like people need to slow down. Losing 2 seconds braking is better than ending yours and other people's races
  16. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Sik burnouts at the end!
    krunch likes this.
  17. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

No probs mate :) We were both passengers in that one...

Scary impact at those speeds! In VR it's so real a bit of wee may have got out :oops:. ACC can accurately simulate near death experiences it seems :roflmao:
  18. SteveDrivingSlowly

Fark I was trying so hard to keep it OFF the road and in the end, that is what killed us both...so sorry mate, feel awful about that.
    tezpez85, krunch and CornfordCaster like this.
  19. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Don't feel bad - look at what I did later! (see below)

I would like to apologise profusely to Ashlin Reynolds (@konan) for this terrible, horrible, no good, very bad dinky spin at the chicane late in the race which took him out of the lead while battling with @tezpez85:

Also sorry to the next bunch of frontrunners too as I still wasn't completely out of the way. I feel really bad to have affected the leaders like that. Yes my tyres were fairly worn from pitting on lap 2 but still - just a schoolboy error really.
  20. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Alright, my first ever Rooz GT3 Monday night race win! Sure, the bot wasn't competing, but I'll take what I can get.

Q: Went alright, had a few more tenths in it. 16's I'm sure are possible, but only Andy would know.

R: Scrappy start! Got mugged by Ash early on and then Blair got me not long after that. I copped a few seconds of damage from some contact with Ash, so she was feeling real sketch over Eau Rouge. The PSI's were unexpectedly low too and the Merc was way thirstier than my calcs suggested. Managed to get back through Blair before the stops. Repaired damage and adjusted the pressures in the stop and it felt right after that. Got onto Ash's rear through Blanchimont and he braked a tad late heading into the final chicane, only for him to find a forlorn @krunch ass backwards in his way while I took the outside of the corner cleanly.

From there it was smooth sailing to the flag. Congrats to Ash and Blair on the podium :thumbsup: