GT Sport Season 15 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 12, 2021.

1. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Wow, did everyone in Div 1 do a pitstop?
  2. Noodles87

Noodles87 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Noodles8771
    Matt, Simon, AmazingHour, Ranger & myself pitted & everyone else did the no stop.
    gtkingx likes this.
  3. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Didn't run out of fuel, didn't want to split GT and Ursine, to keep him closer in the championship. Never know, GT might break a leg.
    I just slowed too much looking for a safe spot to park.
    Would have been an interesting bus stop had I kept going.
    Congrats to GT, Tubby and Hat.
    Last edited: May 30, 2021
    Peersy and gtkingx like this.
  4. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Ah, too many mistakes including a 360 spin on the green slippy stuff and a weird moment where the car pitched right at the bus stop. Might have given @TUBBSTER22 a run for his money otherwise, but even without the mistakes, I don't think I could have kept up with @gtkingx

@Apex_64 you weren't driving a bus so that was not a good spot to stop! :p
  5. TUBBSTER22

TUBBSTER22 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    TUBBSTER22
    I won’t lie mate, that would have been a close race between us. I probably don’t deserve 2nd place but I will take it. Div 2 this season is really fast and I’ve got a lot of respect top drivers in this division. I’m surprised I can actually keep up!! Lol
    Well done again to GTKing and sorry again for L2 T1.
  6. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    gtkingx likes this.
  7. Stew Wilson

Stew Wilson Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Stew_Wilson72
    Youd also need a wheelbase to put that on, which puts the total investment at about $1000 !
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  8. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Isn't the intent of sim racing to ruin us financially and socially, so this seems like a pretty good deal, right?
  9. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    After last weeks debacle, being on this track felt soooo much better.
    Practise solo or with others yielded some fantastic racing and times. I was reasonably confident here.
    However this did not translate to Qualification nor the race.
    In qual I ended up 11th nearly a full second from my PB..
    So I set about to slot in some solid times to make my way through the field, however the field just pulled away and I couldn't make any ground.
    My best lap ended up being 2s away from my practise race times.
    No Idea why I was so slow last night.
    By the end of the night, I did manage to salvage 2 spots to P9, but this due to someone's accident and Apex handing Saturn a bone. I did manage to overtake 1 person, so there is that.
    I have no clue as to why I was so slow last night..
  10. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Still cheaper than actual racing
    UrsineSaturn9 and Stew Wilson like this.
  11. Stew Wilson

Stew Wilson Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Stew_Wilson72
    I know, Ive paid Fanatec and Trak Racer more than that, absolutely love their gear though.
    Beats143 likes this.
  12. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I have the clutch paddles on my Fanatec wheel and they do work very well as accelerator and brake. It's fairly hard work on your hands and forearms to use them for long periods but if he can manage that then it's definitely a viable option
  13. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    A wheel is not an option for me.

I managed to complete my race without pitting but the lap times were terrible. I say that I should've pit but if I did I'd say that I shouldn't have so I'm damned either way. Thankfully, there were a few positives to come out of this one:
    -I got through a league race with manual gears for the first time
    -I was able to conserve fuel
    -I got into the top 10 somehow
    -Didn't make any catastrophic errors
    -Learnt how not to drive a car with heavily worn tyres
    I kept missing my braking points as the tyres went off, which further contributed to my woes. I had to turn in really hard to avoid going off the road and scrubbed them badly. Not good when you want to do the race without pitting. If I'm to do something like this again I'll need to pay close attention to the braking distances as the tyres wear down. But if the pitstops were shorter I wouldn't need to worry about this.
    UrsineSaturn9 and Peersy like this.
  14. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Has anybody been with GTking and Keeden at the same time in a lobby/race? :cautious:
    Last edited: May 31, 2021
    Rangeraus and gtkingx like this.
  15. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

Not a groundbreaking observation, but we need to rethink divisions for next season if we have someone in Division 2 running very competitive (or race winning) Div 1 race times. Especially when there are only 8-9 regular starters in Division 1 this season
  16. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Basically get rid of all the divisions and fill rooms from the top down (shudder at the admin involved) with everyone in the league ranked within the same table. Higher points for split 1, 2 etc, but with some crossover (e.g P3 split 2 = P13 split 1, or something along those lines.
  17. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    @Hatfield if/when I can make it, I don't mind racing in Div1 from now on if that suits you. Been coming last in Div2 anyway, and i am used being a grid filler in Div1.
  18. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    While we actually have that information already available, how do we seed / decide on who goes into the room and in what order?
    IMO, we use the class of car (filter the data accordingily to only have that class or lower), then do a R1Q like we have been in the car.
    Now, what has made this season interesting is that fact that half of the D1 signups have stopped showing up for whatever reason (I / we don't care what it is) and we are now left with only half a field.
    In this case especially, we are driving a GR4 car. GTKing is fast (D2 Champion and D1 pace) in these types of cars (GR4 and lower) and was slated for a D1 slot. However we had a heap of high calibre entrants who were vouched to be FIA top ranking, which caused GT to move into D2.
    There are a couple of other contenders who could move up too. Apex, Hat, Groover are D1 staples (however may not be of the FIA top ranked, but are among the top ranked at ROOZ. Others that could also move up could be Tubbs, Ursine (given current Championship standings)

If the pace difference is to continue in the same division, we can likely bring back the A/B groupings (but we then again bring up the whole 'a B ranking person messed up a A ranked persons race', blah blah blah, etc, etc, etc.
    Or we just suck it up and accept the challenge as it is and learn from it.

So yes, we can definitely fill rooms.
    How we do it won't make everyone happy.
    groover33, Xtr3meNZer and Peersy like this.
  19. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    It's difficult to know, last season I was in div 1 and spent several races doing laps by myself and the back getting further behind each lap. This season the car has suited me and I've done very well. Next season they'll probably pick some high downforce piece of rubbish:)roflmao:) that I can't drive and I'll struggle to keep up in div 2

It's probably fair to say I likely wouldn't have done that race time in the div 1 room either given i'd likely have had battles and destroyed my tyres, whereas after Hat made his error and spun, I was just running laps by myself so it was easy to stay fast and smooth

I'm open to moving up for the remainder of this season though, running laps by myself is pointless whether I'm at the back or the front
    Darren Day, GasMonkee78 and Matthyus like this.
  20. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    That's what we tried in S13 wasn't it?