GTS - S16 - End of Season Pace

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Matthyus, Sep 25, 2021.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    So as an added bonus, here are the Season 16 pace breakdown and overall Pace for all of GTS.

WARNING - Download the file from Google Drive, Excel online doesn't like Pivots..
    Season 16 pace
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1avOOHT13XEP9fv2vVD8ZPoLU8tkbTqY0/view?usp=sharing
    Overall Pace
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/15KDzbpGB-_ipUfrQEJRtTMzcXrhrVCey/view?usp=sharing

How to use
    Don't be daunted by the sheer amount of data, we can trim that down.
    Using the drop down arrow above the driver name in the chart itself, choose the Select All option which will unselect everyone. Now just scroll through the list to find the drivers you would like to compare too. Select as many as you would like.
    Example
    [​IMG]

What does it mean & How is the data obtained
    First up, the second question.
    I take the FL and RT from the Fastest Lap data we obtain and break each time down to milliseconds using some Excel wizardary. I then compare those numbers to the Fastest achieved on the night. This gives you a figure.
    The closer you are to 1 the faster you are.

You've linked 2 files, what's the second one for
    That Overall Pace file stores ALL Seasons of GTS data, allowing to see how you are going over your racing career. Obviously you know if you are doing well in a certain car, etc. But this allows you to compare to other drivers and see the good or bad in a pretty little chart.

Why?
    I like data. I offered Hat and co my assistance in an attempt to even out the divisions so that the competition could be closer. I've in the past solely used the Overall pace to initially place racers, alongside the promotion / regulation system, however over the last couple of seasons I decided to change things up a bit and only choose cars of the type we are using (GR4, N400, etc) to seed the divisions better. There was a pretty big shakeup in divisions 2 - 4, which I believe led to some closer racing.
    This season however we decided to again refine our qualification system, based off of the actual pace in the season car from the R1Q session. This led to some very interesting placements and with the benefit of hindsight, it needs some tweaking (of which we'll do for future seasons). As you can see, this is a constantly evolving beast, but we are trying to get it as close as possible. Given the above, we'll trim back the importance of the R1Q so that we don't get a super un-balanced division where drivers of a lower division are placed out of their depth based on the sheer luck of a good qualification.

Personally
    With the changes to how the divisions were seeded, combined with the Round 1 Qualifying (with me staying in D2) the competition was going to be interesting with the few people I knew. I knew from the outset that I could a mid pack runner this time with the aim of being best of the rest. However earning a podium was going to be a pretty tough, given the quality racers at the pointy end.
    I had set myself 2 goals this season.
    1. To continue to improve my pace and stay below the '20' figure. I managed to stay under 20, which was good considering I had a couple of really bad races.
    2. Aim for at least a couple of podiums.

I have now managed to stay under '20' for several seasons now, perhaps I should aim for '15'.
    And I managed a couple of podiums, 3 to be precise. Very happy to have done that. A highlight was pipping @rollscanhardly at the line at Bluemoon :)

The regulations this season were a little nicer with slightly better tyre wear. The best thing that happened though was Open Pits allowing a change of tyre dependant on your qualification. This enables so many different strategies that I'm glad it was around.

Anyhow, if you have any questions, fire away.

Bonus info :)
    So, a few seasons ago, I believe it was @CaptainRisky21 who had mentioned that there was a small group of racers who have competed in EVERY season of GTS.
    This is them.
    [​IMG]

PS - No more s/sheets from me until next Season now. As much as I would like this, we have R1Q in 2 weeks...
    Anyhow see you next season.
  2. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    The data nerd in me will never not love these, thank you thank you thank you!
    Matthyus likes this.
  3. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I'm glad it brings some joy to your day :)
    Makes me very happy to see it loved.
    Stew Wilson and Viperzed like this.
  4. Stew Wilson

Stew Wilson Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Stew_Wilson72
    Wow, looks like im 7th faster overall for S16, that surprises me, however I did enjoy driving that car. I guess i know that i can occasionally put together a fast lap, but need to work on consistency and racecraft to finish higher in the standings. Thx for putting this together Johnno very impressive work.
    Matthyus likes this.