GT Sport Season 17 Entry Thread

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Not my solo call.
    All drivers I tested with confirmed the car did not do well at Bathurst for various reasons at various points on the circuit
  2. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    But at every point at Nurb it did well? :speechless:
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yep. Track choice is done, let's move onto R1Q this Sunday.
    Steve Neilson likes this.
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I enjoyed it around the ring. very lively.
    Apex_64 likes this.
  5. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    :eek: Pardon !!!!!!
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    ;):D
  7. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    If it goes well at nurb which I am sure it does, it will go well at Bathurst was my point.
    Plenty of nasty mountain corners at nurb.
    Even the corkscrew at Laguna is a nasty corner, I bet the car handles it with ease. ;)
    I also never expected Hat to change his mind, just stating a fact from the track voting and was just asking for transparency on the decision.
    Beats143, Stew Wilson and emmo46 like this.
  8. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Wow. Is this correct? Votes were overridden to put Le Man in?
    Apex_64 likes this.
  9. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    No votes were "overridden". Let me try and clear it up a little bit.

For the last couple of seasons I've been tallying track votes as they come in and we test tracks in the order of most voted to least until we find a list of 7 tracks we are happy with. This season Bathurst was the most voted track however of those who tested the track on the night that was open to everyone, No one enjoyed it or thought it would be a valuable addition to the season calendar.

Votes have never been the be all and end all of the calendar set, Since we began suggesting tracks publicly, we've seen many highly popular tracks left off the final list and this season is no different.

Hope that clears up any misinformation!
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The only issue with Le Mans is track limits, there are huge gains to be made by running wide at a number of corners.
    Apex_64 likes this.
  11. Beats143

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Sorry mate from what you have said it shows that votes ARE overridden. My opinion (and as you have said) currently opinions of some can override votes, is that all entrants for a season should have to vote for tracks, even if they only vote for one. Majority of votes then determine the tracks. From what i can see about 20 people voted from at the time around 40 entries. 9/20 voted for Bathurst and 4/20 voted for Le Mans (no brainer, Bathurst is in) if votes matter. I know that i and a few others tested the tracks we voted for and that’s why we voted the way we did. Point is we weren’t throwing darts at a board. Anyhoo, opinions are just that and i guess that’s why things get voted on, in a democracy?
    Disclaimer: i am not having a go at you and there is no tone in this post! (Just some disbelief in the system)
    Viperzed and Apex_64 like this.
  12. Beats143

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Wow, it did pretty well in all the production car rounds over the years and in the testing we did it was great fun. Different strokes i guess
    Apex_64 likes this.
  13. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Perhaps that's something we can work on in the future. In the past we've had some shocking tracks make it through to the final 7 and a quick round of testing definitely ironed out any of those. Couple that with the quick tests we do on the night to ensure the track is capable to be raced on (Hence why Tsukuba was also left out) and I think we have a good system going.

I encourage drivers who want to have more of a say in our track list to attend the final testing night that is ALWAYS open to all drivers and posted about well in advance.
    Steve Neilson likes this.
  14. RPeeM808

RPeeM808 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RPeeM808
    I believe at the time of testing , there was also another major sporting event here on the east coast... which definitely affected a larger participation. Myself included..

With practice and patience the car can race anywhere, its all about the nut on the wheel..:):cool:
    Beats143 and Apex_64 like this.
  15. Stew Wilson

Stew Wilson Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Stew_Wilson72
    I spent a bunch of time testing car at different tracks to put my original list in. I had no idea I'd have to join the testing night to try and cement my picks.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    Apex_64 likes this.
  16. Aiko_Mac

Aiko_Mac Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Aiko_mac
    I want to enter
    emmo46, T F Eccles and Easyprey007 like this.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  18. HighStakes123

HighStakes123 Rookie

19. Peter P

Peter P New Recruit

PSN ID
    peeterpan_62
    Want to try out again can i enter or is it to late.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    not too late.

But I don't recall getting a qualifying time from you, so I am not sure which division to put you in.
    If you like I could slot you into division 2 for the first round to see how you go?
    Peter P likes this.