TURTLE BEACH Turtle Beach Prize Race "Turn Left" | GT5 March 24th

Discussion in 'Archive' started by stucar17, Feb 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Looks good, buuuuttttt...

I think we should randomise the rooms, instead of running in our regular divs, after all we are all running full speed turning left and I think all div levels can manage that, it would be a good opportunity for us to race some competitors we normally wouldn't get to race ;)

What do you guys think?
  2. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
  3. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    yeah i'm down with that :cool:
  4. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    That's a great idea!
  5. greendog

greendog Rookie

Yeah I'm all for that
  6. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Sounds resonable to me, cant see y not.
  7. greendog

greendog Rookie

Can I request to b in the same room as jairo he is a mate of mine and I would like to race against him if that's ok
  8. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    There is one problem with mixing the rooms. It messes up the lotto draw. The idea of the lotto draw is to distribute tickets to all drivers based on where they finish across the 3 rooms. The most to 1st in the top room, the least to the last in room 3. With the rooms being based on where you finished in S10. The idea being that anyone can win the major prize, but a small advantage goes to those who have done well in S10 and during the race.

I have had a tinker with the rooms to try and put drivers who did well last season in the next division up. Can everyone check that they are not in a lower room than someone who finished below them in S10. At this stage, I think we can leave rooms as is. The only thing I suggest we change is penalties and start. Penalties to off, and start to single file. GT5 double file starts are glitchy as hell, and some of the collision penalties I've seen and had during testing are beyond silly. From now till race kick off, I will have little if any spare time to look at changing anything else, so Stu/Clevo, the rest is in your hands.

I'll see all those in my room tomorrow night.
  9. zampli

zampli Team Driver

thats what i was thinking when i read that anon, as i remember thats how you did the tickets for that RX-7 race around tokyo.
  10. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    i dont mind either way, i'll just be joining my allocated room and going left no matter who's behind me :)
  11. midron18

midron18 Rookie

PSN ID
    midron18
    Yeah guys since reading that you better keep it normal, otherwise the div 1 guys will have a :):):):):) ;)
  12. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
  13. zampli

zampli Team Driver

hope there isnt any torrential rain during grand prix, dont want it to be delayed with this at 9.
    it probably will rain, just hopefully not too much
  14. zampli

zampli Team Driver

ill use the jeff gordon 2011 car, wanted to use the JPM car but wont have enough time to run it in
  15. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I'm driving the JPM ganassi target car, my flag is on the door ;)
  16. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Hey fellas. Any chance I can put in a late application of entry?
  17. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Just running in my #88 Jr car now... It doesn't run too nicely around Grand Valley on sports soft tyres...lol. Leading the crap cars in the race, but tyres are chewing out.
  18. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Mate chev in 4 sure...Div 1. Im in div 2 now I see, which is good as I didnt even race this season. Make sure you see the regs stumbles, Penalties off now and single file. Im actaully using the 2011 JPM red thing, I havent seen anyone mention it in div 2.

If I see the same car we'll go bump draft partners :p
  19. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Yeah, I saw the updated regs Tek.

Had a room open this afternoon for a couple hours, not many online though.
  20. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    OK lads, rooms are locked in, reg's are set. Make sure you have your room host on your FL.

Also, reset your router, clear the cache and cross your fingers that the PSN is in good form tonight.

Reminder: Single file rolling start (you won't loose the draft if you're at the back, don't worry); Penalties off (for those not used to running penalties off, cars being lapped won't ghost, but if you hit someone or something hard enough you will still get damage, so no cowboy driving!!!).

I have msg'd everyone, so fingers crossed for a big turn out. Clevo can you send a FR to my mate celtic_cross_71. He's not new to GT5, but has never dabbled in the online side of things. Be nice to him please boys!

All those who race tonight will get an email Mon or Tues with their ticket no's. The draw will be Wed night, and can be watched live on my JustinTV channel. See the OP for details.

And finally...Good luck! (except those in Room 1, hehehe)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.