GT Sport Season 18 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Ben Campbell

Ben Campbell Rookie

PSN ID
    -xOVLOVx-
    Hello Hatfield
    I still don’t understand why me and johnno were moved to div1. We don’t have the overall lap speed as all of you guys’
    Yes we were 1/2 in div2.
    But we couldn’t even keep up with the back back. 1.3 seconds per lap slower.
    In the end I just gave up.
    If we were moved just to bolster div1 numbers then that was a bad idea.
    I’m sorry but I won’t be running div1 as I cannot even keep up and that makes the race unenjoyable.
    It’s up too you if you move Me back for the last season.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    you and Ben will come good with the cars later in the season.
  3. Ben Campbell

Ben Campbell Rookie

PSN ID
    -xOVLOVx-
    Doubt that. These guys are fast. Couldn’t even keep up.
  4. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    That's what I'm hoping, definitely a stretch to keep up.
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I feel for you, it definitely isn't fun trundling along at the back of the field on your own.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    is it worth swapping you 2 with the top 2 in div 2?
  7. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Given that our cars are constantly changing, it might be worthwhile to move us to a position that more aligns us to our overall pace.
    Had we kept to the same car, things might have been different as I know from my own personal experience, I get better with more time in the seat of a season car.
    1 off races, I fall back to 'normal' (overall) pace... which for me is about D2 / D3.
    I would say the same for @Ben Campbell
    Ben Campbell likes this.
  8. RPeeM808

RPeeM808 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RPeeM808
    interested in how this is being answered across the board...
    Apex_64 likes this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I am interested in your thoughts on this?

@Ben Campbell @Matthyus do you think it is worth having one more go next week in division 1 and we can revisit this discussion after your results from that round? It'll be 2 half distance races so will give a greater representation of overall pace
  10. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I have spent most my time at ROOZ in Div1 battling at the rear of the field. I know podiums and wins are not possible. But I have had many gr8 battles and think being in Div1 having to push as hard as possible has helped stop me becoming a slow old man. I have watched many drivers gradually sail past me in pace over time and there is no reason you two can't be next to leave me in your dust.
    My advice is stick it out, you will improve more in Div1.

P.S. Also each car and track will obviously produce different results. I am faster in road cars, I reckon you both would already be with me in a G1/2 car.
  11. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Given the first track is Laguna Seca (one of my worst tracks even if I have the car understood), it is in the Shelby GT350, a FR beast of a car, I can say I'm going to struggle HARD in the first race.
    I envisage a 30 to 60s gap to the leaders in race 1.
    As for race 2, I'd say a little closer but still likely 30s+ from the leaders.

I'll still show up and try my best as I've done for 17 seasons so far.
    Last night I was hitting PB's (high 36's to low 37's) and 9th and 10th were still pulling away doing low 36's or shudder 35's.
    Hell, Ranger came in and on his first timed lap was hitting low 35's....

As I've said before, I take time to adjust to different cars.

Thank you Apex.

I do believe in the overall pace (Since I'm the stats man afterall...). Yes over the season I'm highly interested in how it all maths out. I feel, I'll be smack on about where the figure currently sits.
    The different cars, road vs race will make a difference. I know I struggle with Road cars (getting better after lots of them racing @emmo46 and several others), but in a single one off race, blaahh.

Perhaps, like @Hatfield and I is saying, look at the bigger overall picture of the overall season.

It is incredibly discouraging to be racing as hard as possible and still be dropping backwards.
    I felt I was on the limit (obviously not, as others are still faster).

On the plus side, I'm going to have a clear road to go as fast as possible and nail those lines :)
    Apex_64 and emmo46 like this.
  12. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Well, stopped you from becoming slow at least.... ;)
    Rangeraus, gtkingx, Apex_64 and 2 others like this.
  13. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

The 2.8 second gap at the end was flattering. I was pushing and did 26 laps within 0.5 seconds of each other but couldn't pull more than 1 second on @gtkingx until a small mistake 2/3 of the way through the race. Without doubt one of the hardest wins I've ever had in GT Sport... the 88% humidity didn't help either!
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
  14. Ben Campbell

Ben Campbell Rookie

PSN ID
    -xOVLOVx-
    Yep I’ll give it another crack.
  15. Ben Campbell

Ben Campbell Rookie

PSN ID
    -xOVLOVx-
    It wouldn’t be so bad if I could keep up with the back pack. I seen 4-5 of you line a stern and was trying my hardest to catch up. Wasn’t working and I was falling away.
    Matthyus and emmo46 like this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I really do understand. Let's see how you go Sunday
    Matthyus and emmo46 like this.
  17. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    There wasn't much between us in lap times, pure class and zero mistakes was the difference. While the gap at the end would have been less if I didn't make that mistake, I very much doubt I could have got back past you. Well deserved win, well done.

I'm very happy to have scored myself a Div 1 podium :)
    Hatfield, Rangeraus, Matthyus and 3 others like this.
  18. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Yep may have goofed that one lol, One very tired boi decided that a lapse in concentration coming down the hill was a good idea, Definitely a bit tighter than I would've liked.

Well done Ranger and GT, you fellas were too good!
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 2:
    Laguna Seca - 14 Laps - 17:00 Sunny - Shelby GT350 (SS) - 23/1
    [​IMG]
    Tsukuba - 22 Laps - 8:00 Sunny - Gran Turismo Fugu Z (SS) - 23/1
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 18!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN :
    Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:30 AEDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING :
    8:20 AEDST for 10 mins. We are using qualifying mode this season for qualifying.
    Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.
    PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING
    There will be 10 mins qualifying before both races.
    RACE START TIME :
    8:30 AEDST (once qualifying has completed)
    Race 2 will start after it's own qualifying, following the completion of race 1.

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES:
    Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.

FALSE START CHECK :
    Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 :
    This has the potential to ruin someone's night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Laguna Seca: 4 wheels over the line separating the pit exit lane from the main straight is a cut. Also be careful cutting the exit of the corkscrew.
    Tsukuba: 4 wheels past the ripple strip on the exit of the final turn is outside track limits.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

TYRES : Sports Softs for both cars

PIT ENTRY :
    Please attempt to follow the pit entry lane. Failure to do so may result in a penalty (especially in the instance another driver is affected).
    Laguna Seca: Do not cut the solid line right of the entry lane.
    Tsukuba: Do not cut the solid line left of the entry lane.

PIT EXIT :
    Please attempt to follow the pit exit lane, Penalties will be adjudicated in similar fashion to Pit Entry. Please be aware of cars approaching on the straight.
    Tsukuba: Do not cut the solid line on the left of the exit.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS :
    This season the steward will be @Hatfield. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY :
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP :
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car.

FINAL NOTE:
    Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    (ALSO IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE POST SAYING SO, SO THAT RESERVES CAN BE ORGANISED IN ADVANCE)
    If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race
  20. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Have fun drifting everyone! I'm out again this round, but should be back from round 3 onwards