GT Sport Season 18 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @JonoStan96 I noticed the 'like' on the briefing. I thought your game wasn't installed or able to be located?
  2. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

Noodles87 likes this.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    [​IMG]
    razor4797, Noodles87 and Rangeraus like this.
  4. Rangeraus

JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    Good God Almighty
    Rangeraus likes this.
  6. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Id like to race to see off Sport in style
  7. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Sure thing.
    Added to PSN chat.
  8. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Fitting that i DSC'd from the last ever GT Sport race on lap 13/14 from a comfortable 3rd place. Oh well, onwards to GT7.

@LR__AmazingHour too quick mate
  9. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    Unlucky m8
    Steve Neilson likes this.
  10. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 7 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race Timings
    Risky - DSC - 3.16.580
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield, Peersy and Noodles87 like this.
  11. Noodles87

Noodles87 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Noodles8771
    Well that is the end. So many wonderful memories with GTS. Did the Speedweek comp, Made it to a GT Live Event, Picked up some wins & podiums in ROOZ. Fair to say this game changed my life personally. Hoping it get's even better with GT7. See you all there!
    [​IMG]
    Viperzed, razor4797, MINT_GTR and 7 others like this.
  12. Noodles87

Noodles87 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Noodles8771
  13. Rangeraus

Given that it's the end of the final GT Sport season, I thought I'd share a few (hopefully) interesting (and mostly correct*) stats that I have gleaned from the RaceOnOz website, before making a few comments.

- RaceOnOz Gran Turismo League has been running continuously since the first season on GT5 in late 2010;
    - There have been 45 official seasons since its inception: 13 in Gran Turismo 5 (2010-13), 14 in Gran Turismo 6 (2014-17) and 18 in GT Sport (2017-22);
    - Across those 45 seasons, there have been a total of 200 divisions;
    - Of those 200 divisions, there are 127 distinct division champions (that I counted);
    - Of those 127 drivers to win a championship, 36 drivers have won more than 1 title;
    - Only 15 drivers have won a Division 1/1A championship;
    - Of those 15 Division 1 champions, 8 won a GT5 title, 3 won a GT6 title, and 5 won a GT Sport title.
    - Only 3 Division 1 champions had previously won a lower division title
    - Only 1 driver has won a Division 1 title on different GT games.
    - Amongst some of the drivers to have taken part in RaceOnOz Division 1 leagues are: GT Academy finalists, a GT Academy winner, Toyota GR Cup finalists, World Tour competitors and winners, FIA GT Championship World Finalists, and multiple participants in otherwise televised Gran Turismo events.

Having absorbed those stats for a moment I realised two things;
    1. First and most importantly, RaceOnOz has a bigger history - and has a reasonable claim to be of more significance - than most Gran Turismo leagues out there.
    2. I am very fortunate to have now won a RaceOnOz Division 1 title.

I would like to thank @Matthyus for hosting this season, @Hatfield for doing the often thankless task of carrying and organising these championships, and every competitor who has otherwise contributed to or taken part in this RaceOnOz league on GT Sport, as you guys are ultimately what makes the league, and community, what it is today.

See you in GT7!
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2022
  14. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Bad luck Sir, given the context, really feel the need to unlike this post :(
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  15. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Thanks for letting me join in at the last minute!
    I received a message at 8:07pm from @Viperzed asking me to come and do the last ever ROOZ GTS race, and I thought considering I’ve done a fair few seasons here, and the opportunity was there, why not.
    I was just hoping to be competitive seeing as I hadn’t touched the game in 5 months or so, but I was happy to finish where I did even though I almost killed @Noremac and ended my virtual life in the process at the first mulsanne chicane.

Whether I’ll make an appearance in the near future on GT7 is unknown, but you’ll see me around again some day. Adios!
    Viperzed and Easyprey007 like this.
  16. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Hard to believe a little under 4 years and 4 months ago, I embarked on my first ever GT Sport League race in the 911 RSR at Nurb 24Hr in Div 1. I still remember that race vividly, Parked the car p4 on the grid and held p2 for a while before I spun back down the order to where I belonged lol. That was the beginning of a new culture shift for me, one that included trips to the SBS Speedweek eSeries as a competitor, competing and being at the pointy end of the 2019 and 2020 FIA GT Sport Oce Manu and Nations competitions, as well as getting to enjoy the 2020 Sydney World Tour along side some of my best mates.

It's odd to think a single video game could shape so much of my life, but it's nothing short of the truth. RaceOnOz has become way more than just a racing league for me, those who know me well, know that I wouldn't be racing here if it wasn't for the friends here who I can truly call family. Competition aside, making and meeting some of my best mates over the last 4 years has been nothing short of life changing. Here are just a few of the glorious memories I will always have of this game.

-Sharing the Ford Mustang Gr.3 with @razor4797 in the first Nurburgring 3 Hour, taking a memorable win for the DS4 Dream Team.
    -Staying up for hours on end, listening to music and making liveries with @CaptainRisky21
    -Going wheel to wheel on numerous occasions with one of my favourite sparring partners, @MINT_GTR
    -Begging @KeedenMcdonald to compete in the FIA Manu series before watching him mix it with some of the worlds best
    -Becoming GT famous by supplying @sidawg2 with one of the all time great Manu liveries
    -Battling @Noremac in his OP Jag for a whole season of WET
    -Butting heads with @JonoStan96 literally any time he was on track
    -You ok g? @Hatfield
    -Go Crom @Randm90
    -Being divebombed from any area available on track by @xlxy90 (Oh and Tokyo 1000iq strat)

The fellas mentioned above are apart of my family, and it'll always be that way.
    [​IMG]
    BCG :inlove:
  17. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Ditto

Beyond privileged to be able to have had so many lifelong memories, and made so many lifelong friends because of driving around in circles
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Thank you to everyone who participated in this season. Congratulations to this divisions winner @Rangeraus
    Well done to runners up @Noodles87 & @gtkingx
    Thank you to hosts/captains
    Thank you to @Matthyus for the tables

With GT7 being released tomorrow, please sign up for our test season here:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gran-turismo-7-test-season-entry-thread.4676/

Otherwise, enjoy your break, and keep an eye out on the community events section for other events being run in the period between seasons. The official Season 1 of GT7 after the test season should start sometime in late April.