Gran Turismo 7 Regulation Settings Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sunday Night' started by Viperzed, Jul 5, 2023.

1. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

Unfortunately, in GT7 it is not currently possible to properly enforce this via lobby settings. To set 100% power/weight for cars where PD applies a BOP, tuning would need to be enabled, even then there are caveats:

As of last week, there is an expanded option for BOP/Tuning, this is what I found:
    If this is set to ON:
    - The car will have the game's BOP applied (if it is Gr.1, Gr.2, Gr.3, Gr.4, Gr.B) or power/weight will be fixed to stock level
    - All car settings will be fixed to whatever the game determines as BOP/standard, apart from the MFD options that you can change in-race
    - The host can selectively enable options like Brake Balance, Anti-Roll Bar, Final Gear, etc. (this is new)
    - Some other tuning options (like engine swap) can be enabled/disabled but these are canceled out by the BOP setting
    - This ensures that everyone turns up in the same car

If this is set to OFF:
    - BOP (Gr1-4, GrB) is not applied, settings aren't fixed
    - The new setting where the host can selectively enable some car settings (like BB, Transmission, other settings) cannot be used.
    - Power/Weight/PP limits can be set, but:
    - All car settings can be changed according to parts that are applied to the vehicle
    - Wide Body cars are enabled
    - Some tuning parts cannot be prevented from being added, there is only "unrestricted" or "Extreme or lower"
    Viperzed likes this.
  2. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    BOP needs to stay on. The cars are tuned for bop, gearbox included. If we go playing with 100-100 then we run the risk of the cars handling outside of the box and gearboxes not being optimized.

1 hour races sound interesting. I wouldnt mind 2x 45s, 3x 1hr, 1x 90min, 1x sprint round in a season. That would be nice in change in terms of strats and stuff.

Brake balance +1. Good idea to flick that back on.

RM & RS tyres, balanced so that RM can make it a race distance at 45mins, and fuel balanced so that it benefits small savings that could last the race, but those on RS and sending it are still in contention as well.

Qualifying on starting tyres is a must too. Those gambling on a RM race should be made to quali on them too. It will get people committed to a strategy.
    incey, T-GT_Racing and T F Eccles like this.
  3. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I think 45 minutes is a good sweet spot as the whole race can be contained within 1 hour (10min Q, 45min race). Most races run to 48+ minutes currently, as the current settings are for Div1 lap times. We do cater for a wide range of timezones (+8 to +12)
    incey and T-GT_Racing like this.
  4. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Definite yes to brake bias

I would love to see an increase to 1 hr for the races. Keeping sprints and enduros at once per season. Although, im absolutely open to more endurance races as they have consistently been my favourite race for the season.

Tyre wear is that constant annoyance where we want it, then we dont, we want to bring strategy in but everyone just picks the quickest one anyway because the others aren’t viable, i think it is a losing battle but if there is a way to make it work, fantastic.

overall pleased with how rooz on gt7 is progressing. It is the most fun i have had at rooz since GT6 which has been a long time coming
    incey likes this.
  5. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    I can assume BB will be on, as almost everyone on here has said yes! It's a welcome addition back to GT7.

I have been setting up various events I run within another group, and personally I always side on the heavier fuel usage, lighter tyre wear. Still have the wear there, so when you pit in to fill up, you should change tyres also... But I prefer cars to be still able to drive nicely and with grip through to the end of the stint. It's certainly a hard one to ballance - Generally it's x2, x2 or x2 Tyre, x3 Fuel...

I'm sure something will be decided that will fit all :)
    NAACS likes this.
  6. HighStakes123

HighStakes123 Rookie

Very late to the thread so I'm not going to request any changes for Season 51 however I have general feedback

Night racing -
    Might be on my own here but I'm not a fan of night racing at all, I like seeing where I'm going and I don't believe the game does a great job of modelling the light beams coming off other cars when you're behind them either.

Rain -
    I like wet weather when its available - I think it would be worth having races where there's at least 15% of the weather slots as wet weather, with that being communicated to the entire Sunday League. I'd be open for a race that's completely wet as well, I think it would be worth trying.

I think it's fair but I think there's a grey area here - if a cloud passes over one corner of the track and only one person notices or claims the track is wet, does that make it a wet race? (Thinking of S50 Suzuka Div 1 type conditions here)
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2023
  7. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    In regards to the tire rule, the most recent rule change regarding two tires needing to be used renders any grey area surrounding rain, null and void.
  8. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Hi all,

Would love to keep this thread alive going forward. I definitely learnt a lot again this season and picked up some things we can take into the next season.

-Dynamic Weather is so so good. The difference between a good race and a great one. Prioritising circuits with dynamic weather isn't a must, but it definitely helps.

-I'm going to avoid all night racing now unless it comes at a circuit with proper lighting (Daytona, Tokyo etc). I think I was trying too hard to make it a thing.

-I would like to include one 1 Hour race next season, preferably at a circuit with dynamic weather, just to see what everyone thinks, not necessarily as a change to all rounds but definitely so we know how it works and what the feedback is like

-We went with a newer 1x tire wear format in qualifying to combat a tire warmth glitch some people had encountered. Personally I didn't feel any change but did anyone notice anything in qualifying?

-One wet round next season could be the way to go, I still don't like forcing weather but one heavy slot right at the start would be an even playing field, or even something similar to what we used for Le Mans in the Jag season (If you ask the Div 1 guys, one of the coolest Rooz races we've ever been apart of).

-I still want to trial another sprint format. Likely 3x 20 min races, second two reverse grid, or, 2x 15 min races, then a 30 min race with grid based off the combined finishing order of the first two.

I'm really excited for the future of Rooz, we're trying new things, we're experimenting with the game and having a lot of fun doing it (Well I am....). Once again I love the feedback you guys are constantly giving me, I can take the criticism because it's for the benefit of everyone here. Lets continue to make Rooz the home of our Sim Racing for years to come!
    ADZA_85 and T-GT_Racing like this.
  9. T-GT_Racing

T-GT_Racing Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    I love the random weather, but I think if it's going to be open every race, we keep the tyres to a singular compound outside of wets e.g. Mediums/Wets only
  10. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    If we can find a way to make fluid divisions a thing, I believe that closer racing will be on the cards.
    We're all time poor, so an extra qualification isn't really viable.
    There is also the massive issue of admining it both prior and post a race.
    Is there truly a division winner in this system?
    Who are you actually racing against? Do we then move to 'classes' instead?

or

KIS? (Keep it Simple)
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    something fun I have been apart of before is a 3 race sprint round, where your top 2 results counted and you had a set number of tyres for the round.
    could have a short qualifying prior to each race (no reverse grid) and have to start on the tyre you qualified on.
  12. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    After a gap of 18months my main thought is don't change the format too much.
    Where possible it would be good for the tyres to be the reason to pit, not fuel. This adds to strategy and avoids most pitting on the same lap. I think it is more realistic to reward tyre care over fuel management.
    To make room mergers smoother it should be compulsory to like the attendance post by say 7.00pm. I admit I have not been doing this since returning. I would rather race in as full a grids as possible. Some of the best battles in racing here I have had have been in the middle to rear of the field.
    Finally, to make Div placement easier, would take a little time to do initially, maybe you could do a ranking for all drivers 1 to XX in Gr3, Gr4 and Road Cars. Updated obviously at each seasons finish.
    emmo46 likes this.
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @Matthyus maintains a very good data base of performance overall, Some people perform better in different cars but tracks also cloud the relative performance. I am far more competative on fast flowing tracks and suffer on tracks with tight corners before long straights (Bathurst for example) or stupid chicanes. I was relatively quick at Suzuka but know I was losing about a 1/3 to 1/2 a second through the final sector with the chicane. For exact matching to occur we would need to know what cars and tracks everybody is good at and conversely bad at, A big ask.
    I study this a lot and know my strengths and weaknesses and also note the variability of peoples performance based on what chance of a win they have. This season has seen a big overlap of top runners from 1B, 2 and 3 but that is almost impossible to prevent. Most seasons we have competative divisions but this season we have seen some complete dominance, hopefully things will come good next season.
    ControllaGod and Apex_64 like this.
  14. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    You could run qualification sessions on chosen car/track combos, 5-10 laps on 1x fuel / tyres and get people to screenshot their optimum times and rank on that. A bit of admin involved, sandbagging issues and potential inflated rankings for more inconsistent drivers, but no system will be perfect
  15. Rangeraus

I think the solution has to be better matching before the season starts. GT Sport Season 13 had variable divisions which I don't think really worked. The Division 2 season winner did only two races in Division 2, and a few times Division 1 drivers were dropped to Division 2 and won them easily with competitive Division 1 race times.

As a rule of thumb, maybe something like the following?
    1. The top 3 finishers in a division get promoted for the next season
    2. The bottom 3 finishers (adjusted for average finishing position) in a division get relegated for the next season
    3. Points 1 and 2 can be overridden based on the following at the discretion of the organiser/s:
    • Meet'n'Greet performances
    • Previous championship results
    • Number of full-time participants in that division
    On the meet'n'greet itself, the short races are pretty pointless in my opinion. Invariably, people don't/can't practice enough for all 7 tracks, then make mistakes, spin, crash other people off (or get crashed into), and at the end of a lot of races you don't end up with a representative time anyway. Happy to hear suggestions on this.
    ADZA_85 likes this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    that is how it was done originally and it would work again if the date we have is taken into account as well, Then the only variable is individual car/track abilities
  17. Rangeraus

Additional feedback, the enduro cannot/should not be at the end of the season.
    Three of the four divisions were already won before tonight, so on top of the regular drop-off for the end of the season, motivation wasn't really that high to do a 90-minute race.
    SpeedyTyres and ADZA_85 like this.
  18. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    i second this.

round 1 is normally the most practiced round, so having this as the enduro would make sense
    Rangeraus and Ian Cannan like this.
  19. HighStakes123

HighStakes123 Rookie

I think we need to bring back a qualifying time submission for next season like we did for GT7 Season 1

Gran Turismo 7 Season 1 Qualifying Time Submission Thread | RACEONOZ | Forums

I don't think a Meet and Greet is a good way of doing this as it currently stands because people won't practice for a whole seasons worth of tracks to set representative times for an evening of seven minute races that dont count
    ADZA_85 likes this.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    If you study my relative lap times between Suzuka and Bathurst you will see a big difference. Unless we qualify on a range of tracks it won't tell us much. Have a look at my last division win in the last season of GT7 and you will see clearly how my performance varied based on car/track variations. I suspect most of us vary on different tracks except the top drivers in div 1 who seem to be good at all combos.