Gran Turismo 7 Regulation Settings Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sunday Night' started by Viperzed, Jul 5, 2023.

1. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Great points being raised and i see validity in:
    - brake balance on (widely adopted)
    - tire wear over fuel burn. Encourage 2 stop races to allow strategy to have more emphasis and provide opportunity. 1 stop doesnt really mix the field much, just adjusts timing of field change-change back.
    - i like the night races but it is much much better with VR over flat screen. Not something everyone has so understand caution applying night races
    - dynamic weather and rain is a must. Id encourage a few events with this.
    - enduros need to be mid season.

Big shout out to admins putting in the time and effort behind the scenes to facilitage this.

Perhaps we could also form a working group of div 1-4 drivers to run some races and test some changes. Id be open to assisting there.
  2. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I'm not sure relative lap times and performance under race conditions are that reliable a measure though, as stuff happens in races, fuel saving / tyre wear / slipstream / dirty air all play a part. That's why I reckon measuing optimum lap time under time trial conditions over, say 3 tracks with the seaon car with no slipstream/battling etc will give a better measure of potential performance for the season. After seeding based on optimums it is then up to the driver to get the strategy and consistency right for the races.
    T F Eccles, Ian Cannan and emmo46 like this.
  3. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    I just set medium and heavy rain in a 20min race and it didn't rain. Also joined another lobby with a 20min race and it had s03, r06, r06 and c03 and again it sprinkled for a minute but stopped and never really rained. Safe to say rain and intensity is never guaranteed even when selecting rain, something we could use for next season.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2023
    Viperzed likes this.
  4. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Hi all,

It would appear the season car is likely to be another Gr3 car, albeit, with slightly more rear based tire wear than what the BRZ offered us. Would a season with similar wear to last be ideal? Personally I found the level of wear to be good for most options, with fuel save/fuel burn strategies both being viable, and tire wear not being so high as to turn away controller or G29 users.

I'd be all for relying on a 2 stop strategy for this season, however I believe it may be impossible to implement without cranking the tire wear up and once again disadvantaging our Controller and G29 users. It would be fabricated way too much. I do intend on running the single 1hr long race this season to see what it offers strategy wise. It may be a case of that race distance being more open to more strategy calls, which I am looking forward to testing.

I'll be moving the enduro to more mid-season and using night races only on circuits that have lighting (Daytona, Tokyo etc) so we avoid the games inability to properly reflect light off other cars and pick up other cars headlights to light up the surrounding area. I've also considered more points being on offer for the Enduro? It does of course hurt those who can't attend due to personal commitments so it's something i'm hesitant to implement.

I'm happy with division placement as it is, some seasons are harder than others just down to how full divs are, making late comers a bit of a challenge to slot in correctly, same goes with brand new members who we don't have information of, we're bound to let a few slip through the cracks.

Let me know what you're all thinking going into this season!
    Cheers,
    Viper
    Steve Neilson and xlxy90 like this.
  5. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Any thoughts on bringing the Joker system in for drivers?
    I know we used it for teams championship, but might spice things up if each driver has one Joker to play during the season.
  6. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    That would be cool, A bit of admin work required but definitely a cool idea.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    not a fan of that TBH. it worked in the teams champ as that was a bit of fun on top and didn't affect driver v driver.
    would hate someone to lose a championship because the other guy played a joker card on a winning race
  8. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Sure, but everyone has the same chance to play their Joker.
  9. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I think adding an extra element of luck into a drivers championship isn't the way to go. It was hard enough picking jokers in a team of 8-10 :roflmao:
  10. HighStakes123

HighStakes123 Rookie

Reposting my thoughts on a 1b championship here

As it stands I don't think there's any point to labelling a division as 1B for future seasons. Division 1B is the second division, it should just be called Division 2. Points don't carry across from Div 1B to 1A, and the only way the label of Div 1B makes sense is if the finishing positions of 1B merge races count towards the 1A championship when they occur (to the detriment of any 1A drivers they beat).
    It makes no sense otherwise as it also looks better when selling rooz to people to say they can start in Div 4 as it highlights the league's depth rather than basically conceding that we can't fill the top 2 divisions in the name
    Apex_64 and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  11. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    This one has been heard loud and clear. In past, the only 1B championships we held were within the Div room itself. From next season we will go back to this format, the second room will simply be Div 2.

Another idea we're quite keen on at the moment is the return of the qualifier round that we saw introduced during the GTR Gr.2 season back in GT Sport, however without the flowing room format that so many had negatuve feelings towards.

Effectively, We will host a "Round 0.5" which will be a qualifying room consisting of 3 or 4 15 minute quali sessions at each of the first few Circuits. This will give us a better idea of how our placements are going and early on we should be able to move any outliers to a division that closely suits their pace. The system isn't perfect, but it should allow for far fewer drivers to slip through the cracks like we saw this season.
  12. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    One of the reasons that 1B came into existence was that there were just too many people entered that are D1 pace or had earnt the right to be in the D1 room.
    Even as it stands, given sub 40 racers, we have over a full room of D2 champions or higher.
    It is a little unfair to not promote a D2 champion to D1, as they have earnt the right to race in D1, it is unfair again to have a D2 champ remain in a lower division, who may very well have an easy run of it (or not..)
    No easy fix regardless.
    leeboy910 likes this.
  13. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I agree, but having a 1B room separate from 1A entirely doesn't make sense to me. If we weren't hampered by 16 player lobbies and we could have both in one room I'd be on board, but otherwise it is essentially a Div 2 room anyway
    leeboy910 and Kieran_B33 like this.
  14. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    I remember when 1B was a way for fast humans to compete for something while running around with the aliens :alien:
    Ian Cannan and Apex_64 like this.
  15. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    My suggestion would be to use optimal times from these qually sessions rather than fastest lap, as this gives a better idea of overall potential of the driver even if they can't nail that one qually lap in a short season with possibly not too much practice.
    T F Eccles and leeboy910 like this.
  16. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Agreed. That's what Tidgney does with his car reviews when comparing cars in class. He does 10 laps then records the optimal time for comparison.

It would require each driver to screen shot their timing data from the HUD but they can be done and posted into the PSN chat for the room. How does that work for the VR crew, is the data still available to you on your monitor?
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  17. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    This is likely the option we'll pursue, without proper preparation, I don't expect drivers to be able to actually pull out 10 tenths lap times, so optimal is a better view of what is possible.
  18. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    The only "compromised" part for VR is the in-game HUD. Everything else appears as per the regular game.
    The split timings as part of the sub-menu are still available in VR (along with BB, TC etc.)
    T F Eccles likes this.
  19. Savage_Duck_75

Savage_Duck_75 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Savage_Duck_75
    From memory taking a screeenshot from VR is a PITA as it brings up menu window.
    But please correct me if I am wrong because it has been a while since I had to do that.
    I am more confident that I had no idea what I was doing than the first statement in my post..
  20. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Run in practice mode, 1x fuel 1x tyre, static conditions. At end of 15 minutes finish the lap you are on, park up, screenshot optimum time, send to room psn chat. For Div 1, maybe 3, 2 or 1 bonus championship points up for grabs for top 3 optimum (or lap) times