Gran Turismo 7 Season 7 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Oct 10, 2023.

1. Savage_Duck_75

Savage_Duck_75 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Savage_Duck_75
    @ControllaGod Happy to see you made it through without a disc.
    I didn't stream this one but recorded, in case my streaming/upload is doing the flops (not likely but every little bit helps).
    Trailing you for a time before pit stops, just impressed with the smoothness of the controller handling, I would be twitchy all over the join, people would be thinking me lagging.
    Nice photo's shows up how simple and slapped together my reserve bus is..
    Good stuff to the podium guys.
    ControllaGod likes this.
  2. ControllaGod

ControllaGod Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ControllaGod
    Haha yeah, unfortunately I'm a total fraud and actually race with a wheel :laugh:
  3. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Big GT7 update due this week.
    Make sure you've updated before the next race!
    ControllaGod and T-GT_Racing like this.
  4. Humblebeegee

Humblebeegee Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    HerbieOfOz
    This was definitely my least anticipated race but after some solid practise over the weekend managed to create a decent pace on the S/S/M strategy. Doodah has finished on softs the last two races to create a very tense last lap for me, unfortunately the pressure got the better of me resulting in majority of wall collisions occuring on the last lap. Great racing from RPM before having to pit too.
    ControllaGod likes this.
  5. Savage_Duck_75

PSN ID
    Savage_Duck_75
    I have footage of my whole race from my point of view on YouTube.
    Whole 1 hour and 16 minutes of Qualify and Race.
    Anyone who wants to see what it is like via VR go to the footage and click on the highlights I have inserted in there.
    Footage had @ControllaGod , @T F Eccles @Bluemoon , Jammo, @Se7endan @Kieran_B33 (I think)
    My strategy was to start mediums and go as long as possible to divide the softs evenly with the car at it's lightest on both goes.
    My mind is thinking the track is cooling and medium tyres are going to be less effective the longer the night drags.
    Also testing against the bots and in a private lobby I found the softs on this track (for me) started packing in after 10, lap times dropped.
    Here is the shameless link, just hope it doesn't break some rules and regulation with ROOZ I may have missed.

Watch on YouTube to get the list of highlights
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2023
  6. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Good stuff @Savage_Duck_75. The HUD/telemetry in the bottom left corner, what is it and can you see it during the race?
  7. Savage_Duck_75

PSN ID
    Savage_Duck_75
    It is a overlay that you can put on OBS through simhub. It is for your benefit as the viewer. I cannot see it.
    All I see in the cockpit is the dash display and the menu items to the right, Which us VR users have to turn our head to see them.
    There are other SimHub overlays, this one looks the cleanest without myself sitting down and designing one. Maybe someone who is that way inclined in ROOZ does it with a ROOZ logo and web address on it ::),
    As SimHub is for all kinds of Sims and the info that the application listens to on the network of GT7 is limited. I see that you need a microscope to see the tyre temps. For basic stuff like RPM and speed it is quite visible.
    @T F Eccles see what your outside pass looked like on the outside for me? I couldn't see you until you were past.
  8. Savage_Duck_75

PSN ID
    Savage_Duck_75
    Same, I'm not a duck
  9. Humblebeegee

PSN ID
    HerbieOfOz
    I had my suspicions
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  10. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 3: 05/11 - Red Bull Ring - 30 Laps - Custom Weather - Late Morning - 1x
    [​IMG]
    WELCOME to Season 7 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN:
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 7:30pm AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 8pm AEDT for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:15pm AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS:
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1:
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS:
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be monitored at turns 1, 9 and 10 as well as generally around the entire circuit. Track limits will be defined as two wheels on the red and white kerb, or white line, whichever is further out.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES:
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Be mindful entering the pits that you will need to commit to coming in prior to yurning You may receive a penalty for misjudging your line on entry. Be mindful not to impede other cars on your way in. On pit exit, cars exiting the lane are reminded to keep drivers right if there are any cars approaching, you will have to give them space.

BLUE FLAGS:
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS:
    This season, the Head Steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY:
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP:
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Red Bull Ring
    Another classic F1 circuit changed with time, Red Bull Ring has at least developed into a circuit with huge racing capabilities as the fan favourite delivers some fantastic races regularly. Track limits at Turn 1 and the final two corners will be a big talking point as last time we visited there, Admins spent hours going through track limits penalties for breaches. Hopefully not to be repeated!

Keep an eye on the weather, it is possible to have rain at this location. Drivers are reminded that for races where it can rain, only two compounds are mandstory, meaning you may go from Soft to Inter and fufill your requirement, the only time this is not valid is if you start on a wet compound (Inter or Wet), the tire rule is null and void.
    Bluemoon and Kieran_B33 like this.
  11. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Sorry Guys I can't make it tonight... Have a great race ...
  12. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Early exit for me tonight, after 2 early race spins put me 45sec off the lead and 20 secs behind 2nd last on lap 4 or 5. Lost all will to continue as I didn't fancy cutting laps by myself, so I parked up on the pits. The downfall of being the race host is you can't quit to go play something else!
  13. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Round 3 Results
    Qualification
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Race Result
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ControllaGod, Kieran_B33 and Hatfield like this.
  14. Savage_Duck_75

PSN ID
    Savage_Duck_75
    My folks are over next weekend from interstate.
    Only see them once a year so the Endurance race will be down a reserve.
  15. T-GT_Racing

T-GT_Racing Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    Guys, I’m withdrawing from the remainder of the season. Not feeling it at the moment.
  16. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Shame to hear mate, Will drop you down as a reserve in case you get the itch later on. Hope to see you again next season!
  17. Humblebeegee

PSN ID
    HerbieOfOz
    Good fun last night, worked hard to create a gap at the start and had to work even harder to keep it. K.Brown must've put in a solid couple of last laps on the softs cause by the time we had both pitted he ended up way in front with about 10 laps left. Put my head down and managed to get under 2 seconds behind him but a few slips in my pushing put me in no position to be going for an overtake by the last lap.
    ControllaGod, Viperzed and Kieran_B33 like this.
  18. Savage_Duck_75

PSN ID
    Savage_Duck_75
    Hope you pick up, always a challenge and a pleasure racing against or even with you. Please still be about to swap notes
  19. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Another good race last night except this time I was at the front!
    Qualified in 3rd and got a good start but @Savage_Duck_75 flew away with an even better start from 2nd while pole sitter @Humblebeegee looked like he bogged down. I went super wide in T1 and dropped back behind Humblebeegee/Herbie. By the next braking zone at turn 3 Herbie was back in front, there was a domino effect where Savage duck got pushed wide and that got pushed me off track, I came out 4th behind @Bluemoon & @Se7endan but at turn 4 Se7endan nudged Blue/Evil moon a touch and let off so I capitalised and slotted into 3rd behind evilmoon. Eventually worked my way past Evil who was on the mediums anyway and started to close on Herbie slowly who was able to pull away over the first couple laps. By lap 16 Herbie had made a mistake and i got pretty close and he dove into the pits while i carried on until 2 laps later and pitted with a bit more fuel than herbie seemed to have and i think that helped me have a solid gap after the pit stops. My medium pace lacked compared to Herbie and this time he slowly closed the gap even to under a second at one point as I also made a couple slight errors but I held on, as herbie mentioned he made a couple slip ups, and took a very tense win!

Here are some snaps from the race:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  20. ControllaGod

ControllaGod Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ControllaGod
    Started 5th, Finished 4th.
    Started on softs, but had a poor couple of opening laps which has happened every race so far this season. I noticed we used the 3,2,1,GO start instead of the lights out which caught me off guard a little bit. Recovered a couple places I lost after the unfortunate incident with TGT and SavageDuck. When the pit stops came around, I was surprised to see how many of the cars around me had started on mediums. I was running in 3rd, but expected to lose a few spots to drivers changing to softs.

As @Bluemoon was gaining on me in the second phase, I somehow managed a perfect stint on the mediums and almost had as much pace with them as I did on the softs, lapping regularly in the 1:30s. I did everything I could to hold on, but it just wasn't enough and Bluemoon got me on the penultimate lap. Tense battle, and great driving, Bluemoon. I probably could've had a podium if I got a little more pace out of the softs, but 4th is my best finish so far, so I'll take it!
    Congrats to all on the podium and I'll see you next round for the enduro. ;)
    emmo46, Beats143, Bluemoon and 2 others like this.