Gran Turismo 7 Season 7 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Oct 10, 2023.

1. tolley__

tolley__ New Recruit

PSN ID
    tolley__
    Mate I was gutted when you disconnected, was a great race up until then and I don’t think I was getting past you unless you made a mistake. Was a lonely race after that.
  2. CobberSupreme

CobberSupreme Rookie

PSN ID
    CobberSupreme
    Before I forget as I just saw it in another divs thread also. We had the countdown start as opposed to the lights out start. I think this also happened in the first race of the season too from memory?
    Are we able to update the saved room setting or whatever the cause is? Definitely throws a spanner in the works when expecting otherwise! Cheers :)
    Steve Neilson likes this.
  3. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Yeah I have to go through and set them all up again, stoopid game.
    Sorry, will check 10 times b4 race start.
    Probs still screw something up :whistling:
    CobberSupreme likes this.
  4. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Hi All
    Britzlightning55 and Beats143 are both running Golf Tournaments in Society on PGA Tour 2K23 if anyone is interested.
    Join society
    Britzlightning55’s Club (4 round Tournaments) and Beats143’s Club (3 round Liv style Tournaments) to enter. No invitation required
    Cheers
    Rebort likes this.
  5. boneslightning

boneslightning Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    BritzLightning55
    Gastro rage quit after a crash and then left the group as well
  6. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    He may have had the runs:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
  7. Rebort

Rebort Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Rebort79
    Just trying to stay out or everyone's way last week. Know that the car isn't suited to my driving style but finishing the races anyway.

It was a boring race for me as just didn't have the pace and kept off-roading too much!
    Dash_Vanguard likes this.
  8. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 4: 12/11 - Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course - 46 Laps - Custom Weather - Late Morning - 4x
    [​IMG]
    WELCOME to Season 7 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN:
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 7:30pm AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 7:30pm AEDT for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 7:45pm AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS:
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1:
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS:
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be monitored at turns 4, 7, 8, 16 and 17 as well as generally around the entire circuit. Track limits will be defined as two wheels on the red and white kerb, or white line, whichever is further out.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES:
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Be mindful entering the pits that you will need to commit to coming in during the final corner. You may receive a penalty for misjudging your line on entry. Be mindful not to impede other cars on your way in. On pit exit, cars exiting the lane are reminded to keep drivers left if there are any cars approaching, you will have to give them space.

BLUE FLAGS:
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS:
    This season, the Head Steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY:
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP:
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Maggiore GP
    One of PD's best new Original circuits, Maggiore has been etched straight into Gran Turismo folklore with it's timeless features and iconic corners. Maggiore is for the most part a mid to high speed circuit broken up with a slow speed sector 1. Great passing opportunities in every sector make this an ideal circuit for an enduro and a marker for the midpoint of our season.

Being an enduro, drivers are reminded to drink and eat prior to the race so to prioritise their own health. The race should be approximately 90 minutes long however may go slightly longer. Rain will not be a factor and therefore only Mediums and Softs are available, and both mandatory.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2023
  9. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Hi all,

The duration of tonights Enduro Round has been shortened from 47 Laps to 46 Laps. This is just to hopefully reduce blowouts in time that were predicted before.

Good luck everyone!
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  10. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    good luck tonight guys...i did syd to bathurst drive today 2 ways...so will.not make it back in time
  11. Steve Neilson

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
  12. Steve Neilson

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
  13. Steve Neilson

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Thanks all for the turnout and great racing as always.
    Hoges the Partymaster.
    Think I manged to visit everyone on track at some point due to an excursion at the BBB, but kept the fuel strat going, S/M/S .
    As all the pitting played out I had 10 laps to look after a10 second gap which I allowed to dwindle toward the end as I crossed the line empty.
    Congrats B.Stimpy and Tolley.
    Bad luck on the DSC again Cobber.
    Great work Rebort on sticking it out to the end.
    Get well soon.
    Cant share replay as it's to fat apparently
    RBRHoges97, ControllaGod and Rebort like this.
  14. Rebort

Rebort Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Rebort79
    Yeah. I sat in the pits twice for a toilet break!!! then struggled but I did manage to get under 2Minute a lap once but only once so am stoked about that.

Just tried to stay out the way and when I did I managed to do multiple circle work off the grass a few times so just cruised about and stayed out of everyones way. I did mange to get up to 8th at one stage!! before it all fell apart!

See you all next week peeps. I will keep soldiering on.
    RBRHoges97 and ControllaGod like this.
  15. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    I had a good chuckle at always meeting you at the same double right hander, and every time followed you wide :laugh:

What a cracker night that was. Sorry to whoever I tapped on the last corner. Snuck a peek in the rearview mirror as you braked as I was getting hounded.
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2023
    RBRHoges97 and Rebort like this.
  16. CobberSupreme

CobberSupreme Rookie

PSN ID
    CobberSupreme
    Yeah cheers, congrats on the win mate. Well done with managing your start too. During the week I'll be grabbing a 30m cable to reach upstairs for hopefully a more stable wired connection to my net than the wifi. All this after having upgraded ISP plans as well as a new router. Both of which seemed to have solved the problem for a period of time, though now looking like a coincidence. What's that they say about shark deterrent products?....
    Anyway, hope to be all sorted for this week and can hopefully make a comeback on points over the remainder of the season.
    Steve Neilson and RBRHoges97 like this.
  17. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Between the F1 in Vegas & Cricket World Cup Final on Sunday, I doubt I’ll be in attendance. :thumbsup:
  18. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 5: 19/11 - WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca - 32 Laps - Custom Weather - Late Morning - 4x
    [​IMG]
    WELCOME to Season 7 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN:
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 7:30pm AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 8pm AEDT for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:15pm AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS:
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1:
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS:
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be monitored generally around the entire circuit. Track limits will be defined as two wheels on the red and white kerb, or white line, whichever is further out.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES:
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Be mindful entering the pits that you will need to commit to coming in before the final corner. You may receive a penalty for misjudging your line on entry. Be mindful not to impede other cars on your way in. On pit exit, cars exiting the lane are reminded to keep drivers left if there are any cars approaching, you will have to give them space.

BLUE FLAGS:
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS:
    This season, the Head Steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY:
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP:
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Laguna Seca
    A classic American circuit with sausage kerbs that dominate the insides of corners here and make errors incredibly costly. The corkscrew will be the least of your problems when the kink exists. Drivers are reminded to be courteous and respectful to others as there are many a corner here where two cars simply do not fit.

Due to some major sporting events taking place around the same time as this round, I'm more than happy for there to be some delay before races start as long as it suits the best interests of the entire room.

Please as well if the room captains from Div 1 and 1B, as well as Div 2 and 3 can be in contact so that room merges can be on the cards.
  19. Steve Neilson

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
  20. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    oh man :cry: 2nd to last