GT7 [Completed] BJH Memorial Race Of Champions

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Viperzed, Oct 21, 2023.

1. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    That Was the plan not to panic and keep up the front with you. You did well to hang on. When the fast gyz caught up I diddnt defend I gave them room. My race was done theirs wasn't. `
    emmo46 likes this.
  2. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Viperzed likes this.
  3. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Thanks everyone.
    Was an amazing feeling just to be there.
    So happy right now, so thankful for the opportunity to run with you all.
    Watching the stream back was still holding my breath over the line.
    Congrats to all that raced, it's always going to be the highlight of my achievements at ROOZ just to be entered,
    Thanks as always to the Admin peeps for your work all year.
    Thanks to all the drivers, and a big thanks to the D3 gents.
    Steve.
    Noodles87, Viperzed, Hatfield and 2 others like this.
  4. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    INCREDIBLE.

What an absolute pleasure to get to orchestrate yet another ROC and for this to be such an unbelievable event to commentate and be apart of was seriously special. The closest finish in ROC history, as well as the tightest Top 8 in ROC history.

Massive Congratulations to @Steve Neilson for a superb drive, I'll be pm'ing you the official ROC winners signature shortly. That photo finish was simply nuts.

[​IMG]
    Noodles87, Matthyus, Hatfield and 4 others like this.
  5. Humblebeegee

Humblebeegee Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    HerbieOfOz
    I had a ball last night at the ROC, thanks again for inviting me to partake. Just wanted to wish everyone a merry Christmas and a happy new year. Looking forward to many more seasons with you all.
  6. ControllaGod

ControllaGod Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ControllaGod
    Holy cow, what a race! Congrats to @Steve Neilson with his nerves of steel. Well deserved.
    This was awesome to be a part of. Big thanks to @Viperzed for setting up the race plus the stream. I've never been in a race that was livestreamed with commentary, so that was cool, and you and Hat did a fine job.

I'm very happy with how my race went, despite not winning. Although, I had an unfortunate incident with @Easyprey007 in the early laps. I didn't feel any contact and still don't think I can see any in the replay, so I'm not sure what happened. If it was a regular season race, I would have redressed without hesitation even though I was unsure, which I did do unnecessarily a few times last season. I feel pretty guilty about this as I probably should have given that place back. Sorry Easy.

Next, I had to get past Emmo. I've learned in my short time with ROOZ that this is not easily done and last night was no exception. I eventually got him though. It was a tough but fair battle. Great racing @emmo46. Unfortunately with all the time spent getting past Emmo, I didn't leave myself enough time to have a go at getting past Steve, so 3rd was where I ended up after the div 1 guys caught up. I had a great view of that photo finish!

I think that is my favourite experience with RaceOnOz to date. I drove just about as well as I ever have. That was a crazy finish and I'm just glad I didn't screw up. Hopefully I'll be back to the ROC as I'm now very motivated to win another championship. Nice way for us to finish the year. Hope you all have a nice break.

[​IMG]
    An attempt to get past Emmo
    [​IMG]
    Finally getting past Emmo
    [​IMG]
    (chuckles) I'm in danger
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Excellent handicapping @Viperzed , top 8 under 7 seconds apart. Although I think you may have misjudged mine by 3.3 seconds ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    @ControllaGod All good Mate well before the corner you lag punted passed me and were stuck in the wall. I thought you disconnected at the time. At My end I felt a big bump of track but all good.
    What a Race I think that was my 4th or maybe 5th ROC Have to look it up.
    I will be back
    Matthyus, emmo46 and ControllaGod like this.