Gran Turismo 7 Regulation Settings Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sunday Night' started by Viperzed, Jul 5, 2023.

1. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Morning all,

I'm jumping the gun a bit but if the Porsche wins the car vote, we have a big tire decision to make with it. Obviously being a road car, I'm more than a little tempted to push sports tires under it. Having run a few laps last night however, Sports Softs feel pretty rubbish, very limited slip but a lot of understeer, sports mediums feel a touch better and Racing Hards are pretty solid. Just wanting to grab everyones opinions on tires? I'd like to run a single tire season, low tire/fuel wear with emphasis on hard racing.
    Dash_Vanguard likes this.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    SS and/or SM
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2024
  3. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    CS and rain :sneaky:
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  4. T-GT_Racing

T-GT_Racing Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    Noooooooooooooooooo
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  5. T-GT_Racing

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    I tried it with SM, SS and RH and I liked the SM and the RH with RH being my preference overall.
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah, I run it on SH in the Tokyo 12 lap World Touring Car 600 grind. I dial down to 90% power to get under 600PP. It isn't the best car but it is fun to drive and gets the job done easily.
    T-GT_Racing likes this.
  7. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I haven't tried SH, will give it a go tonight and see how it goes. 100% power could be a handful.
  8. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    question for the group, and apologies if its been asked before.

Is there a reason why we dont run with mechanical damage on? or wall collision penalties?

I say this now, with no disrespect to others, but i find it a difficult pill to swallow when someone bangs a wall and gets a free hit for it...
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Lag damage for the mechanical question. If someone is moving around and you cop a lag hit, and then you get damage needing a pitstop on top of it?
    We do use light damage though.
    ADZA_85 and T-GT_Racing like this.
  10. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

Just my $0.02

If it is set to heavy damage, then common issues like GT7 lobby netcode/lag spikes and the lack of deformation collision physics will become a problem. There will be situations where the driver who causes a collision may get no damage, while other drivers get damage that effectively ruins their race, either with bumper damage which costs 1 second per lap, or with engine damage that requires someone to get back on track, crawl back to the pits and repair the car... which will altogether cost them between 30-60 seconds of race time. I think all of these are more likely/common than someone crashing into a wall by themself.

The reasons I don't like heavy damage in GT7 races in general are:
    1. ACC and iRacing have deformation collision physics which are more realistic, but they also a chance of safety cars to close the field if things go sideways - GT7 does not.
    2. In higher splits, it's very hard to chase a 5-second deficit. A 30-second gap is pretty much impossible.
    3. If anyone gets hit hard enough to get damage when using 'light' damage as Rooz does currently, the chances of a competitive result are usually already pretty slim.
    4. Light damage may not be realistic, but for the above reasons, heavy damage in GT is just not that fun, especially for a weekly Sunday League with one 45-minute race per week with 16 cars per race maximum... in my opinion.
    ADZA_85 and T-GT_Racing like this.
  11. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Makes sense
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I wasn't pleased when I spun out of the big sweeper before the final chicane, it carried me two thirds of the straight towards the chicane and when I tried to get it back to the track it reset me back before the sweep turn and stationary on track. A total of 25 seconds lost :mad:
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  13. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85

I thought track reset was off? Maybe it should be?
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    from memory, it isn't a setting and so cannot be turned off
  15. T-GT_Racing

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    I thought that this was in the individual's settings - Not the race settings.
  16. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    It is, however there are certain tracks where it cannot be overridden e.g. Spa at the bus stop and end of Kemmel, Monza 2nd chicane, Casio triangle (I think).
    T-GT_Racing likes this.
  17. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    GT7 has so many more quirks then i realised
  18. arnold watson

arnold watson Rookie

I have read on another forum that brake ballance dose not work when bop is turned on i have tried it full rear and full forward and have found no difference ,might be worth checking out
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  19. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Hey Arnold. If bop is on and settings prohibited as they should be, the break balance in the Porsche shouldn’t even be an option on the hud.
    T-GT_Racing likes this.
  20. arnold watson

arnold watson Rookie

it dont look its an option in any car