Gran Turismo 7 Season 8 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Jan 20, 2024.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
  2. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Round 2 Results
    Qualification
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Race Result
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield and Matthyus like this.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I had another good race, made and lost ground during the opening laps as we all jostled for position. I one stopped like most of the field and at one stage was running 5th battling with @Bluemoon, but then had a big lose at turn 17 and lost 25 seconds, That put me back to 10th but as others ahead pitted for a second time or were limping along saving fuel I got back up to 7th.
    Disappointing to be over a minute behind the winner but it was still fun as there were lots to race with around me.
    Bluemoon and Matthyus like this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Different race than last week for me.
    Couldn't find consistent pace (well @Ian Cannan pace anyway) and was mostly doing 30/31s with the odd 29.
    Hit a 28 on low fuel near the end and thought I had the FL until whizz decided to blow it out of the water by over a second!
    Too quick, well done.
    Matthyus likes this.
  5. Ian Cannan

Ian Cannan Team Driver

PSN ID
    Whizz94
    I thought since @Hatfield beat me last week, I better put in a bit more effort. And not do anything out of left field like a no-stopper. So, I thought I'd go for a one stopper, which I think almost everyone gravitated towards.

On Sunday arvo I happened across A. Lee and Lane E. having a run. Rather than jump on try to follow and learn something (like I'd ever be that quick), I jumped on the chat and watched them for many laps. It was very interesting the way they both approached the race. I learned heaps. Especially the discussion around the wind movement and strength. But damn, doing high 27's while fuel saving for a 12 lap stint. That's just nuts.

Yay, first pole for a very long time and by a reasonable margin, thanks to the guys above. The start was perfect. Got off the line well and let the carnage unfold behind me. That gap progressed well until the @Hatfield got into second. I calmed the nerves and retained control until the first/last stop. The sprinkle of rain got me concerned, but it left as quick as it arrived.

The second 12 laps were a bit more interesting. After a few settling in laps @Hatfield and I started to trade fastest laps. Fuel made this fun, after all I did want to finish. Coming up to lap 23 I decided I wanted to have the fastest lap too. So damn the fuel, I let my inner Senna loose and came away with a stonking lap about 1.2 seconds quicker than the ones before. Job done! Well no, The fuel guage said FM6 and chill, so I did.

This is the first time since starting with Rooz (GT Sport season 3 from memory) that I've ever got the triple in any division. All thanks to the watch and listen session I had in the afternoon. Thanks A. & L.
    Matthyus, UrsineSaturn9 and Hatfield like this.
  6. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Do you think if we asked nicely they might do a lap guide each week with tips on the intricacies of handling this car?
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I was really impressed with your pace last night, I have raced against you quite a few times and occasionally beaten you home but you were in a league of your own last night, I had already watched the replay to review how I went and I had been in every position from 5th to 12th so it was an interesting night, I was happy that I came home 7th where I started until I realized I was the last of those who only stopped once so it soured it a bit for me. I watched your fastest lap as I was convinced you had to have taken some short cuts, I mean, I know you are generally a bit quicker than me, but 3 seconds!! really?? Anyway, on that lap you didn't put a foot wrong and generally used less than than I did. I can't see where the 3 seconds come from, we use the same gears, mid corner speeds were a match, What is it I'm missing??
  8. Ian Cannan

Ian Cannan Team Driver

PSN ID
    Whizz94
    thanks. And to be honest, I don’t really know where the lap came from. Just no mistakes I think.
    emmo46 likes this.
  9. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    Has anyone done any practice for R3? I did some yesterday and it was a nightmare. I'm hoping someone could let me know what lap times they are doing so I've got something to aim for. If I can get within 1-2 sec per lap as you guys I'll be happy.
    Cheers.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I have managed a couple of low 1:57s, but I have no consistency and most laps are 1:59s
  11. Ian Cannan

Ian Cannan Team Driver

PSN ID
    Whizz94
    I did a quick run last night. from memory they were around 01-02's. Not a single good lap though. So, some time to come.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I think you would need to be a lot faster than me to win Div 3
  13. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    I will not be racing this week. Good luck all
  14. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 3 25/02: Grand Valley - Highway 1 - 23 Laps - Custom Weather - Early Morning 8x
    [​IMG]
    WELCOME to Season 8 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN:
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 7:30pm AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 8pm AEDT for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:15pm AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS:
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1:
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS:
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be monitored generally around the entire circuit. Track limits will be defined as two wheels on the red and white kerb, or white line, whichever is further out.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES:
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Be mindful entering the pits that you will need to commit to coming in not long after the final corner. You may receive a penalty for misjudging your line on entry. Be mindful not to impede other cars on your way in. On pit exit, cars exiting the lane are reminded to keep drivers right if there are any cars approaching, you will have to give them space.

BLUE FLAGS:
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS:
    This season, the Head Steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY:
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP:
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Grand Valley
    We return to a historic home of GT racing, A difficult circuit at the best of times, re profiled and tweaked to the modern day. Passing opportunities are difficult here and care should be taken to have a good race!
  15. Stew Wilson

Stew Wilson Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Stew_Wilson72
    Sorry guys, not sure if I had a spot tonight, but I can't race. Goodluck all.
  16. ControllaGod

ControllaGod Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ControllaGod
    Sorry for the late notice, but I won't be there tonight either.
  17. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Round 3 Results
    Qualification
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Race Result
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  18. tolley__

tolley__ New Recruit

PSN ID
    tolley__
    Apologies @Hatfield and EvilMoon for lap 1 hairpin bingle. Took avoiding action to miss the car in front of me but hit the dirt and clobbered you guys. That’s on me.
    Will need to put in a few more practice laps before next week’s race.
    Bluemoon likes this.
  19. Ian Cannan

Ian Cannan Team Driver

PSN ID
    Whizz94
    Congrats to Herbie on a great flag to flag victory and Emmo for a fantastic come back drive after a spin at T2.
    Quali wasn't that great, just couldn't get a lap together so had to settle for 7th.
    Lady luck was certainly on my side during this race, Just missed out on being involved in the 1st lap carnage at the entry of T6, scraped past Emmo as he spun at the exit of T2 and watched in horror as RPeeM808 spun around me on the entry to T2. And that was all in the first five or so laps.
    Then I settled into a steady drive making sure not to out brake myself, which seems to be soooo easy at this track. Eventually worked my way through to 2nd behind Herbie by 14ish seconds. It stayed like this until the end.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2024
    tolley__, Kieran_B33 and Matthyus like this.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Congratulations to Herbie on an excellent drive and to Ian on a well judged climb through the field. I managed a PB about 1/2 a second better to snag 3rd on the grid and was well pleased with that. Scrambled around the inside of Mac at turn 1 to move up to 2nd but didn't hold that for long as I ran wide through turn 7 and Bob was through. Next lap Mac tried to pass on the inside of turn 7 and I was forced wide and then he crashed. I lost a couple of places there. It took me a while to settle but then was going OK in 6th I think with Ian nibbling my bumper.
    On about lap 7 a came into turn 2 with a lot of chaos ahead and went through carefully but Ian was sneaking through on the inside. In the chaos I gunned it too hard on the exit and spun into the inside wall. That put me back to 8th and feeling a little deflated. I settled, took a good deep breath and tried to recover. I got past moon when he had a wobble at turn 10 then Eccles when he went too deep at turn 2. I then found myself chasing Bob for a couple of laps unable to close the gap. After a while Bob caught doodah and they tripped over each other at turn 11 and I was through to 4th. Mac pitted a couple of laps before me and I was then 3rd over the closing laps with a 4 -5 second gap to Ian ahead and about 4 seconds back to Mac.
    I was just cruising but then on the 2nd last lap I went too wide and too fast through turn 4 and skidded from the dirt inside turn five to the dirt on the outside and then spun across to the left and headbutted the wall to complete a 360 spin. I was facing the right way so gunned it and then had mac all over me for the rest of that lap as I recomposed myself. I knew I needed a good run onto the straight or he would slipstream by me into the final lap. The attempt at a perfect final corner went wrong and he was by me before the pit entrance. I dived back on his tail at turn 2 and was desperate to get my podium place back. He then ran too deep into turn 6 and I was able to slip through on the inside and then hold him off to the flag.
    It was a race of many emotions as I bounced up and down the leader board again but I was so pleased to be able to recover back to third. Next week will be more of the same only twice as long.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2024