Gran Turismo 7 Season 8 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Jan 20, 2024.

1. Humblebeegee

Humblebeegee Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    HerbieOfOz
    Last night was fun, i didnt think i would get pole as Div2 this season has been super tight but thankfully managed to put in a decent lap. At the start Doodah kept alongside me to T1 and managed to take the lead until i think maybe a mistake on his part gave the lead back on lap 2/3. Most of my race was trying to keep a gap to P2 and manage fuel so that i could cut some seconds off the pit stop, almost got myself a pit entry penalty as well. Doodah and myself were back in battle for the lead out of the pit. After Hatfield pitted, he was right there behind us ready to pick up any positions once again, another mistake on lap 21 means i was able to get the lead back and hold it this time until the chequered flag. Thanks to everyone in Div2 for some quality racing.
    tolley__, emmo46, Hatfield and 2 others like this.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Herbie had Pole
    tolley__ and Hatfield like this.
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I had some really enjoyable racing in between my dramas. Qualified 8th and was passed by @Bluemoon around the outside of the first turn to run 9th until turn 10 before I managed to sneak through inside moon. I then got turned around out of turn 12 to visit last place for the first time. Moon redressed on the next lap and we set off together after the field. We made a few places until we were up to 9th and 10th and catching Tolley and Mac who were having a fierce battle. We caught them about lap 15 I think on the run up to turn 6. I was attempting to get to the inside for turn 8 but too much grunt caused me to twist right and put the right hand wheels on the dirt and spin off to the left. I think that dropped me back to 11th and I was then chasing Goof until we came across Doodah exiting the pits in between us. He kept left until turn 4 and then moved across in front of me as I braked. I had no choice but move over onto the the grass to miss him and spun again. After my pit stop I was in last again. I chased down @Kieran_B33 and managed a pass and then watched in the mirror as he got all sorts of angles staying with me. It made the remainder of the race interesting holding him off and watching the angles he was getting.
    It has been a very entertaining season with a couple of good results for me mixed with some bad.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2024
    tolley__ and Kieran_B33 like this.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Congratulations on the championship win. To take the lead in the championship 4 laps from the end of the last race is incredible, great effort.
    tolley__, Humblebeegee and Kieran_B33 like this.
  5. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I think @Ian Cannan still has the championship
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I have Herbie 114 points to Ian on 112 after dropped rounds. I'll double check
    ControllaGod likes this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    sorry, you are correct @emmo46 !

I missed R1 being the drop for @Humblebeegee so he does indeed win by 2 points, Congratulations!!

points after R6 + pts for R7 - drop round = total
    ian 110 + 14 - 12 = 112
    herbie 93 + 26 - 5 = 114
    emmo46 and Humblebeegee like this.
  9. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Unfortunately only got a half dozen practice laps in prior to quali but put in a solid enough lap to not be completely off the pace but still on the back row.
    Accidentally jumped the start as I had got up to get something and in the rush to put on the TC before lights out I slightly pressed the throttle. During @emmo46 incident with @Bluemoon he ghosted then unghosted right as @Steve Neilson was about to pass through him so pretty much bought Steve to a stop, I gave him a glancing blow as i avoided him.
    I was following behind @tolley__ and a couple others but had a scrappy 1.5 laps and steve caught back up and passed me. Missed my braking marker into t1 and was lucky to not punt Steve as i think he saw it coming but i was slapped with a 3 sec penalty for passing under yellows even though i immediately gave the place back.
    Not much else happened after that, Emmo & Bluemoon got past me before the pit stops but after the pit stops and Emmos further trouble I was able to keep touch with him in the closing laps but a mistake out of T12 on the final lap meant I couldn't challenge him to the chequered flag.

Cheers for the season all see you in the next one
    emmo46 and tolley__ like this.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    No need to be sorry I'm correct, I don't mind being correct. ;)
    Hatfield and RPeeM808 like this.
  11. tolley__

tolley__ New Recruit

PSN ID
    tolley__
    It was a fun season for me in a car I still don’t know how to wrangle. How I qualified on pole last week and plumb last this week, with a lap I thought was pretty decent, is beyond me.
    Thanks for having me in Div 2 fellas, congrats to the champion and see you next season!
    emmo46 and Kieran_B33 like this.
  12. RPeeM808

RPeeM808 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RPeeM808
    agree
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2024
    emmo46 likes this.
  13. RPeeM808

RPeeM808 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RPeeM808
    great car and great season, just wished I was in more than 4 events....
    emmo46 likes this.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I noticed a couple of guys who were roosters one week and then feather dusters the next. The car seemed to favour different drivers at different tracks.