GT5 GT300 vs DTM ANZAC Day Endurance Race @ Suzuka

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Mustafur, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I can't log onto GT5..so i'l have to sit it out.
  2. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    nah its just maintanence when its over at 8PM we will be able to put the server up.
  3. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I just had a look at my cars and don't really have any I can use, so I won't worry about it. I thought I had some, but don't.
  4. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Just a little bit annoyed about tonight and that's being generous, firstly the Audi a4 was 5 secs off the pace, I know I'm not the fastest guy in the track bit I'm not THAT far off ( and I had been practicing) actually to be close to the qual pace engine limiter would have to be at 100% not the asthmatic 61% to get down to 520pp, so then tried the div3/4 only (the only other car i had) M3 and at 520pp it wasn't much faster, (maybe in a straight line but not overall) I'm sorry but this just wasn't an even playing field.
    Before you say "you just chose the wrong car" I thought that testing had been done for this to establish parity between all the cars but it seems it was a bit off the mark.
    Then to top it all off I missed the race anyway, practiced all morning, worked out a bit of a strategy and was really looking forward to this and all for nothing, hope you all had a good time because I know my time was wasted.

Cheers
  5. VENDALISM

VENDALISM Rookie

PSN ID
    VENDALISM
    Good racing at the back of the pack emo and mus .I had one lap to qualify as server kept on dropping but did enjoy the short race period ..

Cheers Lads :cool:
  6. VENDALISM

VENDALISM Rookie

PSN ID
    VENDALISM
    Hey Bud,

Don't worry..

I know how you feel I had I server disconnect and one at qualifying that resulted in a one qualifying lap lol
    In practice today I was running low 1.08.145 but had a little fun with emo and mus running at the back of the pack.

Let's see if we can run a similar event very shortly.

Cheers Mr Vendal :cool:
  7. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Damn, pissed off to get DC'ed, had a good early battle with cyber and vodas, was a really enjoyable race, tough to try and keep that RX7 behind with its straight line speed.
    Was looking forward to the rest of it, lost connection coming up to Spoon corner.
  8. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

It doesn't sound like you guys had much fun....
  9. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Why? It was good until the DC
  10. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    how many got dc'd?
  11. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    why are there 2 different versions of this thread??????

Clicking next from Page 3 shows this page, while clicking 4 shows another page!

Now I can't get to the other version with the results updated. hmmmmm
  12. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I think 4 disconnected.
  13. Juzzo

Juzzo Administrator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    I have moved our site to a new host, these small glitches are bound to popup.

Everything should be running normally now.

Please provide feedback in the feedback section if your having more issues.

Cheers guys
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I did all my Testing at Trial Mountain, and the times from fastest to slowest was within a second, i don't see how you could of been 6 seconds off the pace to be honest, and the M3 was pretty much right on the money, Ill test those two cars at Suzuka later today just to make sure, because i honestly can't see it.
  15. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Results reposted due to forum glitch:[​IMG]
  16. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I enjoyed it, was way off the pace with a best lap in the 10s but running mostly 12s and 13s. I wanted to race against my div 3 buddies but after running behind Evil for a few laps gradually falling back I got into a battle with Mus as he came from the back. It was a good battle over a lap or 2 but inevitably I lost it trying an ambitious outside pass in the esses. I had a couple of battles with Ven and they were also good until I spun. I found myself last very early on and then put my attention to close on Close. I got on his tail but ran out of road going into spoon. I noticed he was doing a 3 stopper to my 2 so I just concentrated on staying close enough to get him at his last pit stop, it worked.
    My next target was to stay on the lead lap and I just managed that by about 10 seconds. Evil had an excellent result, I hope I can stay closer to him on Sunday!!
  17. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    What do you guys think about a League on this?

I think the only change i would do is allow two compounds in the race to allow some more strategy, but the cars where actually quite close just the unforgiving nature of suzuka made the field spread out.
  18. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Mine was an embarrassing number of mistakes... I knew I wouldn't be in the pace as I had pulled out from this race and hadn't done any practice. When the situation changed and I knew I could join, tried a BMW GTR I thought never had used but turned out it had some added stuff....duh. Jumped out and bought the first car I could find from the list (for div 3 ;) ), and jumped to quali. I had reasonable pace to fight it out with Emmo, running in the 10's, with the occasional 9's, but with no strategy I decided to be creative which ended up in disaster( last and running out of fuel lol). Never the less, I still enjoyed driving that car but was by myself the whole time, so alone that made a few mistakes as I drifted away thinking in random stuff.
    Will invest some time in a strategy for next Sunday but hop to see more cars in the grid, it was a shame 1 started and only 7 finished.

Congrats to the podium, specially to 3v1l for representing so well division 3.

PS: Thanks to Musta for organizing and investing his time in testing all those cars, well done.
  19. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Yea I felt sorry for ya Cob there was an Automatic race start cycle in place. Did you back out or did you get a drop out during qual?

Best I managed in the Weed mobile was a 209.1 Probably could of done a high 8 but didnt have much left.
  20. zampli

zampli Team Driver

The lack of people at the end close was mostly due to DCs I thought, mine was anyway.