GT5 RTCC Race Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Mustafur, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    After a careful look through cars specs and studying what happened in the Suzuka Enduro I have came up with what should be an extremely close but have nice variety in car choices with a Full tuning Allowable series, ROOZ Touring Car Championship.

Each Round Will Consist of 2 Races, the Grid in the First Race will be Decided by Qualifying and the 2nd Race will be Reverse Order Grid, with an Endurance Round in the Middle of the season.

Tyres will be Different for every Track and for the Endurance Round All Tyres will be allowed for use to Maximize Strategy options.

Qualifying in the Endurance Round will consist of Drivers using the Tyres in Which they plan to start the Race.

Day: Wednesday

Start: TBA (Around Mid season 11 would be the aim)

Rounds: TBA

Tracks: TBA(Tracks will be tight and or using Short layouts of Bigger Tracks)

Regulations: Cars will Closely Resemble Super 2000 Regulations so its as follows:
    Maximum Power: 285BHP
    Minimum weight: 1190kg(will likely change from round to round as Ballast gets put on the cars).
    Aspiration: Any
    Tyres: RH/RM/RS
    Tuning: Allowed
    Tyre Wear: Fast

Cars Allowed:

Honda:
    Honda S2000 LM Race Car

Spoon:
    Spoon S2000 Race Car '00

Blitz:
    ER34 D1 Spec '04

AEM:
    AEM S2000

HKS:
    CT230R '08

Subaru:
    Subaru Impreza TC

Nissan:
    Nissan Silvia Spec R RM '02

Lexus:
    Lexus IS 200 GT-1 Race Car '04

BMW:
    Bmw 320I Touring Car '03

Mazda:
    Mazda Atenza Touring Car '03
    Mazda 6 Touring Car '03(Same car but there is two versions)

All these Cars are chosen because you can allow them to be N/A and they all have the same 20 Front and 50 Rear Downforce levels, so Parity Should be Achieved.

Please note: All cars listed are Standard so they will have to be bought from the Used Car Dealer if you haven't got any, but im willing to give you one as I have all of the cars.

Team Championship can also be Organized if people wish.

People Interested:
    1.Mustafur
    2.X4rotorsplox
    3.Anon666
    4.emmo46
    5.t_b_williams
  2. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Also to those that have no Idea how to Set up cars, Im more then happy to post my sets for each round on here.
  3. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    I like the idea, as long as it clears the Le mans league I'm keen.

No idea what I would use yet, although the DC5 does look tempting considering the minimum weight. Either way I'll end up in a Honda none the less

EDIT: On a side note, complete parity is practically impossible, some cars are always better than others and vice versa depending on the track. Have learnt this quite quickly in a separate league I am in.
  4. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I am also considering adding a Ballast system with weight increase for faster cars and weight decrease for slower cars to try allow everyone the potential for some auccess which can be easily mandated by having the Heavier cars go on the server first then change to the lighter cars after.

WTCC also uses a ballast system, however i would prefer to use the Super GT model which is much More aggressive and makes it near impossible for drivers to dominate.
  5. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    I like the idea but how exactly do you know if someone legitimately adds the balance?

I'd be really annoyed if I had won a race with extra weight and someone accuses me of cheating. Wouldn't be impressed at all.
  6. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    When you set the room up, you set the minimum weight to the highest ballast weight, send those people into the track, then reduce the weight for the lower ballast holders.
  7. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    Ah thanks for the heads up stumbles! I don't set up rooms that often
  8. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Sounds good, pretty close to the DTM. Wouldn't mind running it...but can I have the Altezza, it only weighs in at 1000kg, so if I take it up to 1190kg as per reg's, then I won't be getting much of a penalty if I nab a podium!!

Did you mean 1090??
  9. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Nope 1190KG, all the cars mentioned can reach it, also keep in mind the Heaviest car is the 320i at 1140kg so we could decrease the minimum weight if need be.
  10. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    The point I was making was in reference to using ballast for handicapping. In the DTM series you only noticed a good slowing down of the faster guys when they started getting to 80-100kg of ballast (from memory). So I would recommend you make sure that you can at least be able to add 80kg in the handicapping system. You may want to test this in a few cars and get an idea of how much it slows you down. I know these cars are lower power than the DTM cars, but it often surprises me in GT5 how you can sometimes drive around the added ballast and it not slow you down too much.

Oh, and definitely do teams.
  11. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    With this power, the power to weight ratio difference with ballast would be twice as much as what it would be with DTM, 50kg would be about the equlivent of 90-100KG given the cars have almost half the power.

The BMW is the only car that weighs over 1050Kg from Memory but it also has the Highest PP of all the cars at the regulation so it could very well be the fastest which would be no issue on the ballast as the maximum weight would be 1340kg.

Ill do some testing though and see what comes of it.
  12. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I found that the Weight ballast system can be rather flawed at times. It allows drivers with ballast added to put that weight either at the front or back, which can actually improve lap times. In a real life series using weight ballast, they have an assigned position for the weight on all the cars, so they can not manipulate it to gain advantage.

Now, to the point I'm trying to make. When I ran my Supercar series we used a power limiter system of ballast instead. I reckon it worked well, even though we had some imbalance in some of the cars. I think it is a more direct and effective way of slowing down a car. No matter what happens, if you lose power, you will be slower. Food for thought.
  13. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    at this kind of Level though added weight will have much more effect then they would with say cars with over 500HP, but with all these cars despite some having really front heavy weight, with added ballast they are still slower, I wouldn't mind doing the power thing as well if ballast doesn't do the trick.
  14. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Just thought I'd throw it out there. We have proven the power ballast to be more effective than weight ballast, so keep it in mind.
  15. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    the pp ballast system did work quite well it probably just needed to be a little more aggressive. it has the same effect as the weight ballast system because it is effecting power to weight ratio but without the ability to shift the weight around to be an advantage as chev said.
  16. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

With all the cars at the same power in this series it will be so much easier to keep track of. In my series the power of the cars were all over the shop, which made it a pain in the arse for me to tally up after each race. I don't think it needed to be more aggressive though, I just ballsed up letting a certain concept car into the series after not testing it. No matter how much power we took off it, it still dominated. The car was at fault, not the ballast system.
  17. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm keen, don't know what car yet but three of them just came through my UCD ( I bought all three of them) and another 2 are due over the next 60 or so increments of changes.
  18. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    How do you know??

BTW, I have all and can send some out to anyone who needs one.
  19. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I snaffled a spreadsheet off Gtplanet that someone (obviously with a lot of time on their hands) compiled showing the order of the cars as they come through the UCD. I just had to figure out what day I was on and then go from there.
  20. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I wouldn't mind having that spreadsheet emmo, do you have a link?