Season 11 - Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Pretty happy with getting 2nd after missing proper qual and starting last......... BTW Joe, we had a pretty good race last week. After we slowly worked our way through the pack form the back the battle that ensured before the pitstop with gary just ahead was top stuff. We swapped places a quite a few times which kinda slowed us in pursuit gaz but was FUN!. There came a stage towards the end of that stint where I thought "F' it I feel I have the pace and tyres at the moment to push on"

So I really fought hard to defend one pass u were trying and hold in front, Then I was able to pull away a little and close the gap to gary just before the pitstop. Good stuff though, we were side by side for 2 or 3 corners in a row at times. To be honest I knew You were gonna be marginal on fuel cause I knew myself I'd be super tight. I just looked at how much fuel I used For the 1st half which was just over half used. So I figured I,d need just over half to finish.

Shame for the guys that short filled, Sid has some seriously good pace too. .............But I guess every knows to look out for fuel from now on.

I have no practice or strat for this week so I'll just try to work it on the fly.

ALSO KOASTR I posted results pervious page as I see Div 2 ladder not updated, also remember div 2 Annon is hosting this week and Gaz is now back up host so make sure you add them. Hopefully goes abit smoother this week.
    /over and out.
  2. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Thx Emmo.
    Been wanting to check the replay of the race cause the first 20laps were cool Tek.

I did screw my fuel..knew it as soon as i left the pits because those i followed in were still loading fuel.was gutted..and then short fuelled again and ran out with 1 lap left...good "F" grief
    I currently working out of town durning the week so not much practice for me as well...but just did a few races with S-Close and it should be crazy fun with some big T1 train wrecks!
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    OK, sorry, someone should have posted this across all divisions. For the race tomorrow night at Daytona Road, everyone across all divisions will use the pit exit road to the left. Once you have control of your car after refueling, you will need to turn left up the narrow pit exit road parallel to the main track. If you exit straight ahead there will be massive bingles and protests, so don't. Go Left!! Please have a practice before the race, it is a little tricky until you have done it a few times.
  4. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
  5. WAC

PSN ID
    Ok :rolleyes: ..i thought i had the right pitlane exit but that map (cheers Darko) has the exit shown
    in the last part of T1.Are you showing where not to be?
    I will coming out just after T2.

Edit: duh -just realised the armco keeps you from entering the track at that point until after T2.
    Really looking forward to the race tonight guy's.(great being able to sleep in the next day!)
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I must say I am absolutely furious after tonight, after all the practicing, strategy tweaking and refining to be able to consistently to do low-mid 1:47's is very, very frustrating. I do think the problem lies between mine and Dougz's network. It seems ours conflict each other. I can't think of anything to do to readdress it. I hope you all had a great night, and hopefully the results somehow benefit myself! Thank goodness for the round drop.
    Cheers,
    Jono
  7. WAC

PSN ID
    I feel for ya Jono - almost happened to me last night - the first room was really laggy,i could hear the cars on track lag bouncing all over the place..they couldn't see me etc.
    Gary's room was alot more stable.
    As for the race - awesome fun - T1 was epic, i had it sussed and what ever ground i lost to the main pack around the track i made up there...but the bus stop and lack of a braking marker was my downfall. Once you were tucked up underneath someone it was to easy for me to lose what ever sight i had on the entry and bugger it all up.
    Still i had another great first half of the race - just need to start looking for the other half!
    Good win Tek.
    Almost had you Gary...
    As for Anon...who the hell turns up to a race meet and learns the track while battling in the top pack then almost wins it! :p
  8. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    @N64, not sure what can be done about fixing these NAT errors. Again we encourage everyone to check router settings, dmz, port forwarding, to do reboots before races, clear your cache, but after that it's crossing fingers and hoping the PSN will work. We did change hosts after you left, so it is worth hanging around in the future.

@Joe, I ran a few laps in the arvo with Stumbles, but couldn't find a groove and didn't get any practice before the race. So those first 10 laps were great, learning the braking points, finding the best lines, figuring out where the best spots to pass are. I figured as long as I could keep the draft I could try and win it in the second stint, just be patient. Sadly I had some sticky accelerator problems, so as well as making an oversteering TVR oversteer further, if your accel is always on, you use more fuel. Last few laps were horrid and by the last lap I'd given up.

WD Tek, consistency always pays off.
  9. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Hi all, sorry for the dnf, but had a pretty lonely race down the back and was losing time all over the place, thought it best to stay out of people's way and go up and watch elementary with the wife. Ive always struggled with this track for some reason, even during the Dodge season when i was almost a perfect race win record i had no pace here at seasons end. no different last night unfortunately. The best think about this track i think is heading through the in field you can see the pack racing ahead of you (about 20 seconds gap i think) on the sloped outer and its a brilliant sight. Wish i was there but no to be. Looking to get a better race going for upcoming rounds and tek i promise ill change the car colour from white soon! ;)

wd to the guys up front.
  10. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Oops, i havent been on here for a while. I didnt go up the road on the left when i exited pit lane. There was nobody behind me so i didnt interfere with anyone.

Can't really complain for my first race back. Was a lot quicker than i was expecting to be having hardly played the game at all in the past few months.

Sucks that mine and N64's internet clash :/
  11. WAC

PSN ID
    Hey Dougz..yeah you were quick out of the gate.
    No harm no foul about the pit exit.
    Not sure how your 2 net connections can conflict ?...we should have tested with Gary's room
  12. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah, I messaged N64 and told him to try my room, but he still couldn't get in with Dougz there unfortunately :(

It really is a shame that this is happening, because I believe that N64 has the ability to win the championship this season and move up to div 1. Maybe it would be pertinent to 'up' his and Dougz points on a pro-rata basis, based on the number of races they compete in? Or maybe just move N64 up to div1 now (I am pretty sure is fast enough).
  13. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Lol, I seriously doubt I'm fast enough for Div 1, Rome was a one off, like last season where Beannie and I destroyed the field at the first race but then I faded into mediocrity. Unless of course we can experiment with different hosts (for some odd reason I've been able to host lately) but unfortunately the problem I believe will still persist. It is a shame though. I do have a feeling it has something to do with PD's servers though, as there is no way I'd be 'incompatible' with the host, only to have someone leave then all of a sudden I'm compatible? WTF?
    I'm happy to take points, but I don't think this would be fair. Let's not forget, it's only the 2nd race, and we can drop our worst
    round.
  14. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Guys do you have the round 2 results?
  15. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    Your much faster then me 64, I couldn't even manage 47's..
  16. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Results. :p

[​IMG]

Annon got fastest lap.

Not sure who started on pole, was it Nat?
  17. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Good racing last night guys, not sure how I got pole - That was a whole second quicker than I'd gone before!

I was dropped from Black-screen into a green light at the start - just had to floor-it & hope!
    Fell back to 3rd or 4th, held my nerve around the outside of T1 & back into 2nd.. . . Phew!
    I was settling into just following Dougz, but it took a few laps for him to find his pace,
    letting Tek catch us, then Joe & Anon caught up - a 5-way !

That battle was ace guys, nearly 10 solid laps of passing & re-passing, and always with some room given.
    At some point, Dougz, Tek, Anon & Joe all had their noses inside my rear bumper & could've nerfed me off, but nobody ever did. Class.

My wheel went strange just before the stop - like damaged front suspension - and copped a 5sec penalty at the back chicane. Not Helping! Did I mention I put in 45Litres? What a clown !

I somehow chased down Dougz, who got himself a chicane penalty on L19.. . Thanks D!
    Dougz fell off at T2 4 laps later after some determined Cat & Mouse action, shame :-/

Results:

1 TekNiqueAU 1:47.426
    2 Anon666 1:46.604 (Fastest Lap)
    3 natmanscoop 1:47.291 (Pole)
    4 Dougz32 1:47.967
    5 garyw61 1:48.757
    6 TTR_joe90 1:46.777 (Joe you weapon! just gotta stay on-track!)
    7 OverDrivve 1:48.986
    8 Sidfire1 1:48.651 +3 Laps
    9 GTP_Dutch 1:49.803 +14 Laps
    10 N64stig Connection problems, DNS (no fault of his)
  18. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

This Weekend - Queen's Birthday long weekend, Monday public Holiday.. . .

I'm away Sunday night, not sure how many other people are too?? so:

a) Stay with the plan, Stan. Race this Sunday.
    b) Race Monday night (i.e. delay 1 day)
    c) Postpone by 1 week

I like plan-B, racing before the replay of Canadian F1s, it'll feel just like a normal Sunday night!

Post what you'all want - I can make a poll if there's serious interest.
  19. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Mustafer has a very interesting enduro race planned for Monday night so plan B would conflict with that. I have a series scheduled to commence the week after S11 finishes so Plan C would affect that. I know these things aren't set in stone but must be considered.
  20. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Sorry Nat, there has been a bit of a discussion out the back, but unfortunately the race will be run this Sunday night as per schedule. We appreciate it is hard to get to every race, which is why the drop your worst round rule is there. The M3 race on Monday night is looking like it will be some good fun, so dig one of those up and get it sorted for Monday night.

See you guys on track!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.