Hello...

Discussion in 'New Members' started by LeStig, May 21, 2013.

1. LeStig

LeStig New Recruit

GTP LeStig here...
    Have been a sim racer for many years now. Mainly consoles these days as I like the simplicity but I am a member on IRacing and run some of their road race series.
    The sim was built in 2001 and is one of 12 that we did for Ford and some of the V8 supercar teams. It now has the T500 wheel and pedals with the bodin load cell mod. 5.1 sound and twin aura seat shakers.... Very comfortable and there's been many hours spent in it .....
    I've just bought a "serious racing cockpit " for my son. Also in Pirtek livery this has the Fanatec CSR Forza wheel and clubsport pedals. 5.1 sound single shaker. These are very expensive but this was bought for less than 10% of the current advertised price.... Looks great and is also very comfortable ..... The only issue is getting out of it !! if your not flexible then it's not for you..
    Ill post a picture of both in the hardware forum....
    Cheers

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Hi Lestig you've come to the right place for that. I'm sure the racing here will live up to the recommendation :D

Once you are granted full membership shortly

Most of the info/links you'll need to get started are here.

To get involved in GTLOZ Season 11, check out the sign-up thread, and qualifying instructions.

Once your granted full membership shortly you will be able to access the iracing section as well where our iracing team has all their details.

Cheers

P.s Dave I pinched this off you ;-)
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hi mate nice rig... very curious as to how you picked up your sons for 10% of retail, care to share?! :p

Welcome to ROOZ. ;)

P.S. Good work Trent :D
  4. LeStig

LeStig New Recruit

Happy to share..... EBay !!
    The owner had 2 of the Pro series models for $700 each including 42Inch Plasma TV's.... These are $7400 on the Serious Sim site ... So I bought them both ! The second one is going to a mates house once he returns from the UK and the Pirtek is in our sim room.. Pictures are going up shortly.

We got them home and plugged them in - They came with PS2's - and everything worked apart from one of the fans and a couple of the LED's used on the dash board. The fan was unplugged so that was easy and the Fanatec fitting was straight forward.

They are bloody tough to get out of.... and the owner - North shore business owner - had them in storage for the past few years ....

Right Place Right Time ....
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Indeed, what a score! :cool:
  6. Juzzo

Juzzo Administrator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    Welcome on board LeStig ;) loving that sim mate...
  7. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Welcome to ROOZ LeStig.. Based on the photo's and your tales of yor, you will be propelled straight in to D1 (if you play GT that is) /scary

Nice setup/s BTW :)
  8. LeStig

LeStig New Recruit

Thanks for the welcome and comments on the sims.... Bloody good fun... Many many nights playing GT3/4/5, grandprix, Richard Burns and lately the Dirt series on a LAN network with 3/4 hooked up or online... Dirt 2 probably the favourite for a pizza and a vino de colapso session...
    Iracing is a little more serious !!
    We also have a Birel Kart (100s) so the helmets aren't a complete waste of money.....
    Look forward to catching up online soon !!
  9. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

where's the drool emote when you need it...