IRACING Mustang Series?

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by beannie84, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    who doesn't have the mustang?
    reason for asking is that i think a little side series of mustangs could be very fun.

i'd be interested in starting a mini series (much like the clubman cup) with the stang, on freebie tracks (or tracks everyone already has)

on another note:
    i'm also toying up the idea of a Optima or Jetta challenge as well - but i'm not sure where everyone sits on FWD :)

also guys - ive never done a hosted session so to make it successful, could anyone help out?? of course i'll pay all hosting costs etc....
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Beannie. I have the Mustang and would be keen for another series like the Cubman.
    One of us can talk you through setting a up a hosted session through our league page on TS sometime, it's pretty straight foward.
  3. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    Yeah sweet I wouldn't imagine it'd be hard, just haven't done it yet lol.

Had a muck about in the mustang last night, and really love it
  4. basilenco

basilenco Rookie

I have the Mustang, would make a pretty good series. It has been the only car on the service that I can consistently race without incidents but it has enough power to step the back end out if you aren't careful.

Don't have any of the FWD cars and doubt I would get the Jetta but might get the Kia if there were enough of us in the series.
  5. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    I'm glad you've mentioned this idea Beannie. I too was going to propose a Mustang Series but didn't get around to it.
    Should make for great racing I think, And hopefully it's not too difficult for our "V8 Only" drivers to adapt too.
  6. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    great to see some interest in it.

i think everyone would enjoy it, as its a quicker car than the typical rookie cars, but not as mental as the V8SC or GT cars, so our newest iracing guys (such as col), can have a red hot go at it ;)
  7. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I have asked in the past what would be the best car that combines the great characters of the V8 and the Riley together. All replied that the only choice would be the Mustang. Consider me curious.
  8. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

I posted my interest in this yesterday but must have done something wrong. Yer i got it but haven't done much in it and would love to learn it. My tip is look out for basil, watched a few of his races a while back and he a front runner in this thing.
  9. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

mustang - keen
    kia - keen and
    jetta - still keen
  10. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    Haha sick. Well.it all depends on if everyone has these cars, maybe we could do a multiclass race, or simply a 2 race meeting over a few.rounds, 1 race per car???? Just feeling ideas at the moment
  11. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I only have the mustang. Should be a good car for league racing. Still sorta momentum based but enough power to get you into a bit of trouble/fun if abused. ]:D
  12. MADCAP

MADCAP Rookie

yup count me in - oi i am back :D
  13. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    Welcome back Frank.

Well I think keep it as mustang only, seems most have the car.

I think some small tight tracks are the way to go with it, should make it interesting
  14. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Small tracks? Really? I've always thought the mustang is a pig in slow speed corners.
  15. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Same here Beau i thought slow corners made this car spin, but may have fixed that with latest build?
  16. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    I don't know and I haven't found anything that says so but after the latest update (I only did it yesterday after being out of action for a week ....long story) everything felt different and after running some diagnostics I had to up my initial FFB settings from 13 to 16.6 (overall varies from car to car) then went back and ran some more laps in the caddy at zolder and it feels more planted and less twitchy, much less like you're driving it on the edge. So I checked this again in the v8 at lime rock where previously I had to be super sensitive on the throttle just to make it through the back part of the circuit (anywhere close to redline would mean insta-spin) and it felt the same more planted, less twitchy not necessarily any faster but more predictable almost like they added a heap of weight to both cars, if this is the case it may also apply to the mustang but like I said I haven't found anything that mentioned anything changing the tyres or handling in the latest update, maybe they just snuck it in there I don't know.

Anyway, Beanz yes I am interested in this also, are going for an open or fixed setup series?

Cheers
  17. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    Well when I say small tracks, I'm talking lime rock, summit point short etc. Just not spa etc shah

Yeh I think fixed is the way to go
  18. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    when it start Beannie
  19. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    What days and times suit everyone??? I know a few people are on shift work:.....
  20. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

I think Tuesday nights is a good quiet time for Iracers, could prob rope in some guys i race the V8 with on that night.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.