Pay subscription for PS4's online gaming NOOOOOOO!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ad2mny, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    This is a shame. We already pay for the Internet, now we'll have to pay to play :mad: Shades of XBOX
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    :eek: Awww no way :mad:
    Ad2mny likes this.
  3. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I know right?!
  4. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Despite the apparent goodies we are supposed to receive with our cash, I still feel it's utter crap that we have to pay. Isn't it enough we pre order their consoles, games, pay for our internet, power, fork over money for the evil scam known as DLC, now we are forced to pay for a service that we've been effectively using for the past 6 1/2 years for free? It's crap. But hey, the almighty dollar talks. But hey, we could be far worse off, at least we don't cop Micro$oft's bull:):):):). Forced Kinect? Get stuffed.
    KoAStR and Ad2mny like this.
  6. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Sadly, it was always a matter of time. I have playstation plus, and have downloaded over a dozen games for nix. Some good, some crap, but all were at the right price. The other way to look at it, if we pay for online, maybe we will get a better online product...eventually?!?!
    Ad2mny likes this.
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    At least you would hope so anon. The online for gt5 Is horrendous as we all know. People will want to see a big improvement for the $$$$ we will have to spend.

I will probably have a look at it, but if there is no improvement in the Network then I might have to get on the Iracing train.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  8. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    I haven't looked into it much. Have they said how much????

Loved the fact playstation online was free as opposed to bloody Xbox live.

Very disapointed.
    KoAStR and Ad2mny like this.
  9. Juzzo

Juzzo Administrator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    Have to agree mate, free online gave the PS3 an advantage... I think its going to be cheaper, maybe around the $50 mark.

Still PS4 is going to :):):):) all over XBOXONE.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  10. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I don't think it will make any difference to online quality. I think you'll have to rely on your ISP for how good your connection is. If I was someone like VENDALISM or to a lesser extent disturboed who have been having drop outs and issues joining the room, I would be a little less inclined to want to pay.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  11. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    I agree Ad, the individual connection is probably more important than the PSN/game server quality. I am not trying to defend GT5's network, but my problems escalated when I moved house last year to a dodgier connection.
    I wish I had my GT5 disc with me here to test it out. My connection here is 20+Mb/s, and the TV comes through that. So far, zero problems.

As for the pay structure... as long as they maintain the free games every month, you would only need to get 2 or 3 per year to pay for it. From what I read, the price will stay as is ($69.99/year).
    Ad2mny likes this.
  12. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    have playstation plus and have downloaded about 30 orsum games
    Ad2mny likes this.
  13. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    If it provides a better online experience I.e more servers etc then I don't mind
    Ad2mny likes this.
  14. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny

If it is paying for games as well then it would be ok but I think it is only for the use of online services, not actual content. I will have to look a bit more into it.
  15. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny

Playstation Plus has some good benefits, but being a tightwad, I decided not to subscribe. I have only used DLC once so I could have all the 'extra' tracks that should (IMO) have just been a free update. We paid $100+ for the game, why do they make us pay more for small 'additions'.

#RANT OVER# for now o_O
  16. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Ad2mny likes this.
  17. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny

And it appears that your online usage will be included in this subscription. Well spotted barra but I think it is still a shame to have to pay.
  18. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Thats the trade off, now that games are online you get updates, but for the companies to justify the updates and extra stuff they require a bit of payment, back before online you would of had to wait till the next game to get it, I mean they still had to pay the licensing to get the new content on DLC.

Either way if the majority of your gaming is spent on a particular game i think spending on DLC will have its value overall as you will very likely be using it quite often, compared to say a one off cheap game you could buy for similar money that would have a couple of days game play out of it at best.

Playstations online has been a bit sub par and is quite unstable and in order to be cost effective they have to force a connection fee, I would expect better quality online in the next gen because of this.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  19. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny

You would hope so