IRACING iRacing Build Updates

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Nov 4, 2011.

1. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Beau,

I haven't tried the V8 yet. But the lotus 49 is pretty cool, feels nice, as long as you don't overdrive it. It generally gives you notice when you are reaching the traction threshold. I have done a few sessions with fog and the effect is excellent.
    beau261 likes this.
  2. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    The Lotus sounds like fun then, can't wait to try it out.
  3. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    i have sighed up for two years today
    do you get extra tracks or cars included
  4. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    no colin unfortunately lol.....
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Same here. Love the lotus. Very much what I expected, which is a good thing. You can slide it around alot without paying for it too much the next time you try and turn. That was my only concern with the iRacing tyre model on this car, but they've done well. Shared a setup for Mosport with Neishy yesterday. -

EDIT In fact I'd say it probably sets the bar for '60s GP sims that I've tried (GPL, rF2, pCARS) :cool:

Haven't tried any environmnet changed yet, except that I'm sure the time of day changed between the two practice sessions I did yesterday in the Lotus. One was your typical midday, the other seemed to be late afternoon. Was a good effect.
  6. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    iRacing Vehicle Specs.xls - updated. See also link in OP. Good tool when comparing cars for your next purchase or for a hosted series... any mistakes let me know ;)
  7. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

wow the Lotus is a treat! still a handful for me but better than i was expecting. miles ahead of the similar era cars in rf2.
    the v8 ntm is a real improvement for me. the grip seems more flexible and progressive.
    KoAStR likes this.
  8. basilenco

basilenco Rookie

I'm really impressed with the skip the car is so controllable now, it use to be a mystery to me and I didn't run it because I would have spent 90% of the race off track. Now it feels like a real race car I would probably have to say all cars on ntmv5 feel great now. Future is looking bright if the rest of the cars are this good on the new tires.
  9. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Looks like the V8 supercar has a new setup must. I was watching the races last night and noticed how low the ass of the cars are of the top runners. The cars looked like a dog with worms dragging its ass around the carpet. We were running fairly low ourselves but when i went to side car view (i have a camera set to view both wheels) i noticed the car in front of Neishy and the one behind were a couple inched lower again. The top of the rim was nearly level with the guard at times. Looks like the total opposite rake to last season.
    Car feels real good though just looks a bit funny woof woof yelp yelp.
    beannie84 and KoAStR like this.