IRACING 2013 120 Minutes Of Thunder

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Bonus 888, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  2. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

its nearly here, who's running in it and in what? I'll be running in this speacial edition RaceOnOz Thunder King Mclaren.
    Getting low 145's at the moment and Aussie Dylan Sharman has poll so far on a 143.413
    Neishy is the top Aussie in the Riley with a 137.767 and is 13th over all.

[​IMG]
    DekGT5mad, hairybear and Clevohead like this.
  3. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    I ran with the Cadillac CTS-V,did really good at the start,dodged all the "win it on the 1st lap" crashers and settled into a rhythm,pumping out consistent 1:50's & moving from 12th in class to 3rd,and 12th overall.Was managing the traffic really well,even got a few complements for my ability to judge when they'd get to me & communicating clearly when & where i'd let them go. All was going great,i was catching the leading pair(my class) at about 1/2 a sec a lap,which was reduced to 4.5secs,when i got taken out by a class 1 Moron in a DP who had spun at the left hand hairpin that brings you back onto the main track from the boot. I came around the corner,knowing he was there,(thanks computer spotter),so i kept it tight around the corner,saw him backed up against the armco,went to go past,and as i was passing he moved,hit me, which spun me around into the wall & rolled me. I was able to crawl to the pits which still took 45 secs,but was better than 2 mins 4 a tow. When i stopped in my bay i got a big shock.Essential Repairs--11.3 mins,optional repairs--14 mins:confused::mad::(
    There was only 18 mins to go,so i didn't go back out on track,as i didn't want to mess others up driving a damaged car.Pity the Idiot that took me out didn't think like that,he was 4 laps down when he got me!
    I did get something out of it though, a +0.34 safety rating jump!:D I also made a few friends that are good drivers who are quite happy to share settups,etc
    Next year maybe???????:);):cool::p:rolleyes:
    S_CLOSE, Clevohead and Bonus 888 like this.
  4. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Sounds like a good race ruined there Dek. I was having a good run in the McLaren in the 8th split until just over an hour in all diapered and the sound went, computer crashed a min later. Came back in and had lost 2 laps to the guy i was in front of, he finished 4th so I could have had that after starting in 15th. Our split ran fairly cleanly, i ended up with 2 incidents (must have been when PC crashed) and gained 1.02 safety rating and lost stuff all Irating finishing in 9th.
    we had Aussie overall winners in the Mclaren and the Caddie, go Aussies.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  5. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Well Done!!!!:D:D:DAussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi!! :rolleyes::):cool::p:D
    Can you help with ROOZ logo's for my cars,I'm running great in a couple of series:cool::)
  6. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  7. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Cool,i'll do that. I'm driving the MX-5 Cup Car in the Grand Touring Cup,& the CTS-V in the Global Challenge. I've got a Gen 6 Chev and also my Street Stock(Finally got through some races dodging numbskulls to get to 3.0,promo on 23rd,YAY!!!!),I can also get into the Legends cars series now,so might do some of that for fun.I'm running the Aus/NZ club logo with a Marcos Ambrose inspired paint scheme & the logo's to enter the cockpit & wheel competitions from Fanatec and Obutto,I'd like to show off the ROOZ logo though,rather than the Aus/NZ one. Cheers