Ammendment to Rules and Regs for season 13

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 2, 2013.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Just a general notice for all drivers that we have amended one of the rules and regulations for season 13, and the following seasons.

The issue of swerving has been something discussed at length by the mods at different times. While there has not been any major incidents due to drivers swerving, there have been questions raised by the tactics of drivers from time to time.

In the interest of fairness, and also to clarify what is and isn't allowed, the following has been added to the rules and regulations, of which ALL drivers should be familiar with:

(xiv-i) SWERVING : A driver may NOT swerve from side to side at any point of the track, to prevent the following car from gaining the tow. Drivers may make ONE change of direction and then maintain that line till the next corner. Drivers making more than 1 change to their line with the obvious intent of stopping the following car from gaining the draft, causing contact or forcing others to take evasive action, may me penalized post race.

All rules and regs can be found here http://raceonoz.com/threads/rules-regulations.70/
    Cheers
    Stu

Ad2mny, DekGT5mad, bjh1012 and 4 others like this.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I used to be infamous for tow prevention, until I realised it only made me slower and use my tyres more!
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  3. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Yeah exactly swerving don't do nothing for you anyway.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  4. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Cool,just to clarify,can you move back to take your line provided you leave a cars width on outside,aka F1? e.g one move across to block,then one move back provided you're still in front & leave car width.:confused:;):)
  5. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    i found i gained staying straight and concentrating on brakepoint!
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Essentially yes dek, but if you move back to take your line and there is contact there is potential for a penalty. Like a lot of this stuff there are grey areas, but we are trying to stop the multiple changes of direction that has been seen on the odd rare occasion.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  7. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Cool,i understand fully,good examples for people are probably the non-pens & pens from the Spa F1 round,from overtaking into Les Combes at the end of Kemmel straight. There were 2 examples,both investigated,one penalised,one not.:cool:
    stucar17 likes this.
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I used to do that alot last year, but that was to avoid the people in the lobby races that would take me out if they got close lol.

I don't like it now, it looks desperate and gives the impression you will ram everyone off the road before you let them past.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  10. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
  11. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    what if you come onto the straight through a right hander and therefore you are on the left hand side and the next corner at the end of the straight is a left hander, can you drive directly towards the the turn in point for the left hander by uniformly moving across the track along the straight so that you end up on the right ready for the turn in for the left. Naturally if somene got beside on the right hand side before the end of the straight you couldn't completely move to the right for the turn in. but is the theory acceptable??
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  12. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    The way I see it emmo, you are allowed one line change from the line you are on which 99% of the time would be the racing line as you describe. Am I wrong Stu?
  13. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Staying on the racing line isn't considered a move.
  14. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Would be interesting if GT6 had terminal damage...might stop people trying to pull moves that aren't there. Might also cost someone their race when they did nothing wrong...would add to the realism though in many ways.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  15. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    doubt it, it will make it worse if Forza has anything to go by.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  16. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    That's excellent mate,well found,i trawl Youtube Sim Race vids all the time,& hadn't come across that one!:cool::):):)
  17. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    I'd say so,that's like i was saying unless you drive all the way along a straight on one sides edge or the other,and stay there,you must leave a car width on the side you moved from if you move back,so as not to create contact,or push the other driver off track.If a car is alongside on the outside,you just maintain your line,and brake to hold them out there,if you do it correctly,the other driver has no choice but to give in,& should he not,he'll end up of track,or because you can get to the apex & he can't,you'll get a half car length at least,and be on the power earlier,enabling you to run out to the edge of the track,provided you don't cause contact,or run the other car off the road. Unless they're a moron,once you've held them out wide on entry,they'll then switch to try the criss-cross,which you can defend by "parking" your car on the apex,meaning slightly over brake,with the emphasis on SLIGHTLY,making him brake AGAIN (you'll notice his nose dip if you watch your mirror),at which point you jump on the throttle,and done correctly,get good breathing space for the next cnr to pick your braking point.
    That's just a summary of the first chapter of a book i read ten years ago on racecraft,but it is still and probably will be relevant always in racing,at least until we start racing spaceships anyway! LOL
    Hope that makes things clear as grey sand,cause it is and always will be a grey area,debated hotly by opposing views!!!! ROTFLMFAO!!
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah Dek and Emmo, that pretty much sums it up.

In reality Emmo, its just about giving the car behind a bit of predictability in what can happen. If you make a straight line from the right to the left side of the track (over the length of the straight), that's fine, because the chasing car can try to go one side depending on the amount of room left. If you change direction to defend then the chasing car will still know what is happening, because you cant move back.

As Dek said, it can be a grey area, but if we have a regulation there, then i can be a little clearer than in the past.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  19. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    If you put damage and penalties on heavy,the damage is only cleared by a pitstop. If you,ve done enough damage,you won't be able to drive there,and there is no tow truck,so you're out of the race. As you pointed out though you can be taken out by someone else,but generally if all are racing with the i can't wreck attitude,it doesn't happen much,but when it does,often both parties know what happened,and the one in the wrong normally apologies straight away.Really it's the same in I-Racing,if someone runs up your rear,you still get safety rating deduction,and damage,even if it wasn't your fault!