F1 (CM) F1 2013

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Darko, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    F1 2013 Hotlap Singapore
    S_CLOSE and JonoStan96 like this.
  2. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    F1 2013 Brands Hatch Classic Hotlap

JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. SerenityInSpeed

SerenityInSpeed Rookie

PSN ID
    HazeOne68
    Today's the day! :)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Got the game did a few laps around Melbourne in the Red Bull then decided to try classic mode and i could not use the wheel (DFGT) again, no response what so ever, had to unplug and plug it back in for it to work.

This happen to anyone else (PS3 version)
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    No, but unfortunately the force feedback on the G27 is still pissweak.
    Nevertheless, driving AJ's FW07B is stupidly fun.
  6. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Feel similar to F1 2012?
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    There is a little bit more feedback, but the cars are much more responsive. You wont have to do any stupid pre game setups too. Which is definitely a plus. Honestly, I am loving this game.
  8. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Been running 2013/Classics for the last hour and a half in different modes and the wheel problem i mentioned above has not happened at all :), maybe just a stupid glitch that i hope dose not show up again.
  9. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Are you liking it Darko?
  10. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Yes i am, just need to get some good advanced wheel settings for my DFGT.
  11. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I just picked it up for PS3, had 2012 on PC so it will be a bit of step back from 2560x1440 but there wernt enough online players. Hopefully the frame rate is semi decent at least.
  12. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Trust me its a lot better having the FF too weak in this game rather too strong, it's pretty much unplayable on my T500.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Well, after a solid days play, I can definitely say it is a genuine improvement over 2012.

I'm happy that the front tyres actually have grip and feel now, so you can actually save the car from spinning if it oversteers. The inconsistencies of the braking and grip are gone, making it much more user friendly. Too many times in 2012 you would brake earlier and miss the kerb by miles, despite having a slower entry speed.

The cockpit cams are improved too, the most realistic of those that I've tried (so far) is the Lotus. The graphics are improved as well, in the latter stages of the Young Driver Test, the Abu Dhabi sky looks insane. There are some new graphics of sun rays piercing through tree leaves, which is a very nice touch. An all round improvement.

I'm still frustrated that there is still a minimal amount of force feedback for the G27 though. It still feels numb and easy, even on 100%. It's strange how other wheels have other amounts. All I will say is, you can feel the car on the road, but that's it.

Career is unfortunately exactly the same. It was not touched at all in the year gone by. So has season challenge. A grand shame. Scenario mode is cool as well, much improved over the nice but dreadfully lacking champions mode of last year.

By far my favourite feature is F1 Classics. I've certainly spent over 80% of play driving the 80's cars. Lap times are a little unrealistic since the turbo is always at maximum, which of course was impossible. That
    means with the turbo all the way up, the Lotus 98T is chucking out over 1000BHP. Even still, I find these old cars waaaaaaaay more fun to drive. Lauda's 312 T2 is a drift
    machine, and the FW07B is a nice addition for all Aussie F1 fans.

Included with F1 classics are Jerez and Brands Hatch, 2 very difficult circuits. What is excellent is that you can drive 2013 cars on these tracks as well. And vice versa. Driving the Ferrari 887-88C around Singapore is very cool.

Online has it's improvements as well, even if it's relatively unchanged. Fantastically, the classic cars are available to play online. However, I could not find a co-op scenario mode anywhere, which I'm 99% sure was in the game. There is certainly less lag and risk of disconnection, and host migration is perfectly seamless, unlike it's FPS counterparts. The ranking system has changed though. It is no longer based on performance and objectives. Purely on race wins now. As of last night, I was ranked 12th. I'd say this is good, as you can no longer be at level 50, then after a day be at 38 because of idiots giving you penalties.

Speaking of which, the infamous penalty system is greatly improved. Borderline racing incidents will only grant warnings now, no longer will someone's spin in which you merely tapped them while they were facing the wrong way ruin your race. Of course, blatant indiscretions are still punished with time penalties. It is a whole lot less frustrating.

Overall, our sponsors have delivered a well rounded improvement of a successful formula. The classics addition was just what the series needed, and paves the way for future additions via DLC. Next year will be interesting with a new era of racing, and a new console era (why was this game not on the Wii U? WAKE UP NINTENDO! -.-). Will we see a completely new type of game.
    I give F1 2013 a 8.5/10.

Cheers, Jono.
    Anon666 likes this.
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Having got it today and started playing it, i like it, i feel like i have much more feedback and control then previous codie F1 games. quite easy to drive a clean line and the car has less movement then it did in f1 2012, force feedback is still weak but for an f1 game you don't want too much.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    OK, so dilemma time.
    missus bought me F1 2013 for PS3.
    i was only considering it for PC as i have Iracing setup etc. I was thinking PC for graphics and the fact my rig is setup already on PC.

Do i return it for the PC version, return it for a possible return to GT6, or just keep it and probably not play it because im involved in Iracing on PC.....

Multiplayer is what i like, but i found on PS3 no one was online to have a matchup race - or if there was only like 2 or 3 ppl. would PC be any better.??

i dont know what to do.
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Hard to say man. I'd love to see you come back to GT6. You can get into big sessions on F1 if you can get a group together.