Division 1 SEASON 13

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Rightio, check that out lads. Don't really want to revisit that replay again, arrrghh!

What a night...for Warrior. Was a horrid night for yours truly. Another sprint round, another drop round. Must talk to a psych about this.
    Race 1.
    Warrior 1:18.051
    Mustafur (pole) 1:17.882
    Corzza7 1:18.227
    Cyber 1:18.806
    Rotor 1:18.528
    Tek 1:18.787
    Stu 1:19.184
    Close 1:19.101
    Gary 1:19.258
    Anon 1:18.089
    Ven 1:17.900
    Joe 1:19.019
    N64 1:20.211

Race 2.
    Warrior 1:17.574
    Vend 1:18.630
    Musta 1:18.365
    Corrza7 1:18.879
    Anon 1:18.232
    Stu 1:19.613
    Gary 1:20.030
    Tek 1:19.746
    Joe 1:20.068
    Rotor 1:18.189
    N64 1:19.136
    Close 1:21.551
    Cyber 1:20.849

Gotta head butt a brick wall enough times to wipe that round from my memory. Big ups to Corrza and Ven for their first podiums of the season.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I apprecieate the motivation mate (well done once again) but I was laughing hysterically at this: image.jpg
  3. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Pole was me, not Warrior.

Very good race by Corza here, had a very good start in the 2nd race too and if not for a late race fade probably would of got 2nd overall.
  4. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

lol nice poster 64....hehe.
    I had abit of a shocker race 2.
  5. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    If anyone can either send the race replays to me oorrr just shed some light on the carnage into T1 first lap first race - that'd be great Thanks.

Well done on the double win Warrior!
  6. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    in T1 you got taken out by Vendalism and anon outbraked himself too but he didn't hit any of you guys.
    X4rotorsploxX likes this.
  7. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    Thanks Musta - Just wanted confirmation
  8. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Well serves me right for not play-testing the new router/connection. Classic PSN/GT5 disconnect action. PAIN !
    Should be OK next week at Fuji.
    And can we please please PLEASE race with penalties off there? We're all sensible enough aren't we?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I would agree with penalties off there too, but i hate the whole penalty system completely so call me biased.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. VENDALISM

VENDALISM Rookie

PSN ID
    VENDALISM
    I thought I just missed my brake marker had no idea I made contact with you.
    Not in my racing character to go ramming people...

Sorry bud !:(

Cheers Vendal
    tekNique likes this.
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Oh lordy please let it be gone!
  12. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah, there was some weird sh1t going on at T1. My car just kept on trucking like someone was pushing me, it felt like it didn't brake at all. Looking at the replay, it looks like I braked about when I went off the road?? Pushed too hard after that and spun about a million times. Not a great way to christen the new wheel, but such is life.

Look, with regards the penalty system, I don't think we can do much at this stage. Fuji can be painful, but it's the same for everyone.
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, I agree anon. We all know the penalties are pretty harsh in 2 spots, bottom line..... Don't run wide and there is no issue.

Fuji itself is a great track that generally gives some Great close racing. Hopefully we have a full grid again.
  14. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    oh ..oh...i think i actually got a point last night! - geez it's a tough crowd to be rolling with but still fun.
    Don't think i hit anyone - err.. maybe Anon? - sorry had both feet on the brake! - was better just to let everyone thru in the second race
    rather than cause chaos.
  15. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I think I read somewhere from someone that had similar problems the first time they braked every race. I think they said they did a brake check just before braking point and from then on it was fine. Wish I could remember where I read that. On here somewhere....
    emmo46 likes this.
  16. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    The only person ruining my race last night was me Joe, all good. The car felt good in practice and in the pre-race lobby, but in qual and race it felt like I'd changed to racing hards or mediums, grip just wasn't there. Wore my rears down to canvas in both races leaving me a sitting duck at the end. Ahh well, it's done, let's get to Fuji and let it rip down that lovely straight.
  17. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I feel i've improved this season mainly in 1 lap pace, although this is my first pole of the season It could of easily been 3 if not for Internet(rome) and unusual mistakes(GVS), My aim for rest of the season is to have the most Poles by the season end and at least 1 win over warrior in a fair fight without DC playing a part.

Need to find out what warrior is doing to save tyres though, as I was saving my tyres as best I could in the first race and he was still able to save them better. 2nd race would of been better if not for going in the sand a couple of times that cost me huge time, especially on the 2nd last lap as I was catching vandal rapidly then I binned it on the last corner.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  18. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    When I first go to track after switching on GT5 my first brake application is delayed. It is only the first time each time I log on though, from the second brake application of the night on is OK.
  19. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    First off, congrats to mustafur on your 1st pole of the season. Your race for the most part was at least incident free this time and you were able to maintain a great pace. It's very tough to pass here especially in the dirty air of the car in front so my strategy was to just stay patient and then try to make a move in the final 3 laps. But on lap 12 an unfortunate mistake by Mustafur left the door open and I was able to take the lead and hold in to the finish with a couple hold your breath moments at the corksrew in between. Also great job by corzza on your first podium finish.

In race 2 I would say I was very lucky to win because I don't think I passed anyone in the race. Tek, Joe and Rotor all let me through and I jumped a couple of places when cyber and sclose got together. Then at the end on lap 15, Anon lost it right in front of me in the corkscrew and 1 lap later at turn 3 Vendalism over corrected into the gravel. Still a great drive by you Vend to get your first podium.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ad2mny, KoAStR, WAC and 2 others like this.
  20. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Nice pic's as always Warrior. Pic 3 has me plowing into Ven, yet I was nowhere near him on my screen? Had to be some weird lag :):):):) going on there?? And yep, had a shortcut penalty early on, worked my butt off to wipe off the 5 sec gap to Ven then as I'm turning down the corkscrew I'm suddenly sideways...to the left of the track!! WTF!! Goodbye second, hello 5th. Was good fun chasing Ven down though, wish I could have seen out the last 2 laps.