Division 2/3 SEASON 13

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 15, 2013.

1. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Had a quick run at Fuji after dodging testicles at the Autumn Ring.
    I really think PD had some rookie working on penalty system for this track.
    Turn 2, I had 2 wheels fully on the track, 2 on the kerbs and got a short cut penalty.
    Same coming out of the mickey mouse hairpin/chicane complex...

I can see some people getting severely robbed or pissed off or both here.
    Would it be worthwhile removing penalties for this round? We've already got people leaving and threatening to leave due to other issues...we don't want to add to that by having some crappy penalty system rob someone of a win or podium?

Just my thoughts...
    Ad2mny and JonoStan96 like this.
  2. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Ah leebroy I feel sorry for your Discons cause I Think you would of killed it.

EDIT penalties are fine, if you cant drive to avoid them its your own making...after all its the same for every one.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Not as pissed when someone makes a pass or crates havoc running wide and not getting the penalty ;)

At the end of the day guys, the penalties are there, and they only hurt if you run wide. I know that on the Monday following the race i would rather deal with a few guys getting pinged and them having a whinge, than spending 3 days and countless hrs looking and chasing video to look at protests from guys who have been ripped off !

Im no seb vettel, (you're shocked i know !!!) but i ran about 30 laps last night with vendal and i got pinged twice, both times i missed my brake marker and ran wide, so i copped a penalty. Turn 2 will ping you if you run wide (is harsher than other tracks), turn 8 (after the hairpin) will nick you if you have all 4 wheels on the ripple strips, and turn 11 (up the hill before the straight) will ping you if you run wide. (I think this one is fair as you could make bulk time by running wide and staying on the power). If the other mods, Anon, Cyber, and Stumbles want to drop the penalties then i will be out-voted, and will live with it, but i think they need to stay.

What every driver needs to be aware of more than anything here is that if they hit someone into a penalty, they need to wait and redress......as we would expect drivers to do anyway. ;)

Stu
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
    DekGT5mad, Anon666 and bjh1012 like this.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    overall points for round 3.
    1. Stumbles + 25
    2. Ad2mny + 18
    3. Disturboed + 15
    4. Dbn26 + 12
    5. overdrive + 10 + 1 (fl) = +11
    6. T_B_Williams + 8
    7. evilmoon + 6
    8. HR31GTS + 4 (equal on points with emmo but had a faster lap time)
    9. Emmo + 2
    10. BJH + 1
    11. leeboy + 1 (pole)
    12. Darkace + 0
    13. Hazeone + 0

Am working out class ladders now.......bear with me :confused:
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
    Stumbles likes this.
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    this is the class ladders........any mistakes let me know.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Dont forget too guys, the amendment to the rules regarding swerving down the straights.

Long straight at Fuji............

(xiv-i) SWERVING : A driver may NOT swerve from side to side at any point of the track, to prevent the following car from gaining the tow. Drivers may make ONE change of direction and then maintain that line till the next corner. Drivers making more than 1 change to their line with the obvious intent of stopping the following car from gaining the draft, causing contact or forcing others to take evasive action, may me penalized post race.
    Stumbles likes this.
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Haze started the first race so I think he might be eligible be fourth in class points and would have 48 total points. He would be 12th outright so no outright points.
    SerenityInSpeed likes this.
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I did Cybers enduro awhile back here and I didn't get pinged once, i think the key is to be a little more Conservative on your braking and you should be fine.

First corner might be an issue if you plan to go for a dive bomb but if you keep things within your limit it shouldn't be too bad.
    DekGT5mad and stucar17 like this.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i agree Musta.
    i think that with such big run offs, its tempting to push the limits a little more than you normally would....
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  10. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Imagine there's the walls of Rome! lol:)
  11. SerenityInSpeed

SerenityInSpeed Rookie

PSN ID
    HazeOne68
    I couldn't agree more more mate. Cheers:) I'd totally forgotten!
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok, will change it tomorrow.
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Who's room are we in tonight ?
  14. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    i'm happy to host again,seemed pretty good last week. can all do a network settings rescan before entering,it does help:)
  15. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    I don't understand the sprint round points system,can you explain Stu?:confused::confused::confused:
  16. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Slow in,fast out=NO PENALTIES (pretty much anyway!):p
  17. OverDrivve

OverDrivve Rookie

PSN ID
    OverDrivve
    Everyone starting from the pits seemed to have helped a lot too, there was way less lag at the start than usual.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    DEK
    Get some food and a big drink !

Race one, you get allocated points for where you finish. ie, 1st get 25, 2nd gets 18 and so on till 10th place.

Race 2 is half points, ie 1st gets 12.5, 2nd gets 9 and so on till 10th place.....

The points from both races are added together, and the final results for the round are determined by the combination of the 2 races.
    IE, if i came 2nd in race 1 (18pts) and 5th in race 2 (5pts instead of 10) i have a combined 23pts......
    If 2 drivers finish on the same points, then fastest lap determines the winner for that spot.
    the drivers are ranked based on these points to determine the final position, ie, 1st gets 25pts and so on down to 10th

Pole and fastest laps points are allocated after the final positions are determined.

Hope that makes sense !
    Stu
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Have adjusted this guys.....
  20. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    DSC'd again. Got 5 laps in I think, had some good little dices with hr31 and started moving up into 5th I think then everyone went laggy and then boom out. As I speak OverDrivve has done a one stopper and looks like he's gonna pull it off, bjh on a 1 stop too and should finish pretty high up if he stays consistent. I hope pd can sort the connection probs soon. I was just starting to enjoy this race....