AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    ahh that's a bugger mate. it's seems like a nice well balanced sim.
    - also I can vouch for the in game graphics living up to those impressive screen shots.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  2. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

thanks but it's no biggie. i'm currently piecing a rig together for the Star Citizen dog fighting module in December. AC will scream on it :eek: I can't wait!!
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  3. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    The way it looks like this game handles oversteer and counter steering has got me very interested, wonder how my 560ti will do with it?
  4. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    The 458 Itialia on street tyres is an absolute blast too.
    Here's a few screenshots I took. The last few of the KTM X-Bow are in the evening. All unedited, except last which is just cropped (forgot to turn off HUD)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Clevohead likes this.
  5. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I d/l'd this, just need time to get it give it a go. Looks pretty though.
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    For those who didn't notice already AC released an update with a couple of extra cars and tracks about a week ago. 3 new cars, 2 new tracks, and drift mode - amongst other minor updates and tweaks. Full change log is on their FB page; https://www.facebook.com/Assetto.Corsa#!/Assetto.Corsa/posts/767491106610543

Zonda R, P4/5 Competizione, and Lotus 2 Eleven have been added. Couple of pics of the Lotus 2 Eleven below.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hi guys, thought I'd add my 2c in favour of AC seeing as I'm an AC addict ;)
    AC has been touted as the next Gen Sim, nothing will come close to it for some time and chances are pCARS will be it's only true rival, if they ever get it out of Alpha, lol.
    The v0.2 update is just a taste of what's to come, the ZondaR is an absolute weapon and is insane to drive, as is the 2 eleven and the P4/5, they all handle so differently, as do all the cars in AC, which is how it should be.
    I cant wait to see what comes in update 0.3 :)

Cheers
    KoAStR likes this.
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Indeed! Hopefully multiplayer isn't too far away!
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  9. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    yeah mate I agree, I think it's the one thing most of the ex NKP and Pro AC simmers are waiting for, when multi is added it will start a firestorm of servers, cant wait ;)
  10. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Finally got this working with the wheel last night. Still need to play with the a/v settings, it's a bit Sega Outrun on my screen at the moment. I must say, that Scuderia Glickenhaus P4/5 Competizione!!! Wow!! Yet to try much else yet.
    Steam id: anon_666
  11. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    "I hear ya Anon" wait till ya get into the ZondaR mate your gonna love it, but then again the Lotus 49 is also a blast, what I like most about AC is the fact that the feel of all the cars is unique, I find no 2 cars feel or handle quite the same, it's just awesome physics & FFB.
    My biggest issue with AC is deciding which car to drive, they are all so rewarding in their own unique way it's mindblowing

Has anyone with AC tried the drift mode yet? be interested to hear what others think about car feel & handling in that, haven't tried it personally... yet, was going to hook it up on the weekend for a taste test ;)

Steam id: insaneozzy
    KoAStR likes this.
  12. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Not tried to drift, couldn't do it even if I was on a boat without an anchor. Although a few laps in the KTM had me looking at my rear end as it overtook me.
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Agreed. Yea I tried drift mode. I think I tried just the M3 and E-30. Both slightly underpowered for drifting the big sweepers so it's quite difficult. Also you can really feel the weight of these and the dynamic nature of the AC suspension kicking back which adds to the challenge. Getting it going with the handbrake helps alot (as opposed to just a scando flick and brake tap). Felt good, rewarding when you get it right, but getting it right is a bit of a knife edge especially in the lower power cars - gear/speed too low and torque spikes too quick and you're around before you know it - too high and you just bog down.

The drift mode principal is sound and fun. You have to get together a certain amount of points from drifts in a given time to advance a level. Once you level up, you're awarded more time. Each level requires you to score more drift points in a given time than the last. When you can't make the cut, times up and that's your score. You get multipliers for linking opposite drifts together. Obviously zero score if you turn it around. It's open slather as to which way you choose to go on the Drft track. Free reign. Multiple routes, directions, link which ever corners you can.

I think the two BMW's were the obvious choice for drifting out of those availalbe. The 458 Itialia might be good. I think that's about all that's available with a street tyre options. All the others have slicks and probably have a bit much grip to get a good drift going.

This mode could be really good with some more high power / low grip cars to choose from.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  14. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hey Anon, if ya can get it drifting without really trying imagine what you'll be like when ya actually have a red hot go mate :p :D sounds like your a natural :)

Thanks for the tips on the drift mode KoAStR ;) I'll need to set a H/brake bttn, I normally use the Scando flick, that's what I used in the drift comps in GRID and for Dirt2, love a bit of rally action.... it's good for the soul, lol.
    You've got me all fired up now mate, gonna have to have a crack at the drifting later today, I'll try and get some screenies to post, I'm sure I can get the Zonda drifting, slicks and all.

Added you both to my steam friends list :D

Cheers!!
  15. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    My attempts at drifting were extremely disappointing to say the least, lol, it's a good thing I don't really care for drifting otherwise I might of gone off and slashed my wrist's, ROFL. I tried the BMW E92 and the E30, I would have to agree with KoAStR in the fact they are underpowered and the E92 has to much weight in the arse, as soon as you hit the H/Brake the back-end swings wildly and in a split second your pirouetting on the spot :eek:, and no matter how hard I pre-empted and tried to catch the rear it just wasn't happening. I'm certainly no drift guru get the feeling that the suspensions TOO SOFT for the drift process to come on in a controlled fashion, plus it just seems like there's still to much grip, I think Kunos needs to go talk to some pro drift racers to get a better handle on the process, special tyres are now produced for drifting as well, got some on my XR8 :D http://www.federaltyres.com.au/, so there is much room for improvement in that area of the Sim.
    I didn't try the Zonda at drifting, didn't want to disappoint myself any further so I took it out on Magione and had a total blast. Besides, if I want to go drifting I'll fire up Grid or go dirt drifting/rallying in Dirt or Dirt2 ;)

Cheers
  16. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Pity. Drifting IS indeed good for the soul!

I think it would be OK if you could add performance mods to boost power and tune the suspension. Surely in this regard there will be some more suitable cars in the updates to come, so don't give up on it altogether!

AC shared an awesome screen shot this morning on their Facebook page of improved reflections shading. I've shared it to the RaceOnOZ FB page as I can't find it in a google search to link here. Check it out.
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Update 2 - pics and description at the link.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...73865968938.100344.305504559475869&type=1
    There's now upgraded versions of most production cars (excluding supercars). Options in clude 'Standard', 'Drift', 'Stage 1, or 'Stage 2''. Not all cars have all options - so far just the E30 and E96 seem to have drift options, with only the E30 having added HP under this upgrade.

The E30 Drift for instnace has +100BHP over standard - the synopsis below sounds promising!
    [​IMG]

Ha! Awesome. Give that a go an Vallelunga club (the short version) AJ, that's much more like it!
    I stiffened up the dampers all round, took fuel out, and set a small negative toe in the rear. Oh and also reduced rear camber to ~-0.5°, I think that makes it more predictable in a power slide.
    My soul is now in the good hands of AC E30 DRIIIIIIFT!!
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  18. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Awesome news :D and thanks for the FB link KoAStR, I was wondering what the 3rd update would be, seems Kunos was one step ahead of me and my comment about more power for drifting. 340Bhp from the E46 engine sounds like more than enough grunt for drifting.
    Thanks for the setup tips too, I'll give the E30 a blast over the weekend, allowing for long stints in front of the box to view the V8's of course ;).

I think Kunos has been very clever in the way their releasing AC, it would seem that releasing the drift series 1st is a subtle way of promoting the much refined car control aspect of the sim.
    I will post my thoughts once Ive smoked the tyres under the E30 & E92's, looking forward to it :D

Cheers
  19. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Here's a few shots of me having a blast. It feels really good. As the tyres heat up getting sideways gets easier, but keeping it together gets harder! You can get it oscillating on the straights to set up for the corner (just like real drifting) if you can hold onto it!
    When linking corners together, even with the stiffened suspension you have to wait for the weight transfer to settle before powering on again. JOY! :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    hairybear and AJ.Scott like this.
  20. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Awesome pics KoAStR they look so realistic too, like looking at shots from a photo album. I'll post some pic's once Ive got it together :D
    Looks like you've got the drifting under control there mate, I would hazard a guess that the drift comps that will eventuate in AC will be very competitive indeed, I can see international AC drift events in the near future, it's gonna be an AWESOME 2014 for Sim-Racers worldwide.

Cheers