Division 1 SEASON 13

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Yeah i have been experimenting the use of high rear Bias this season as I usually have been going with the Front Bias, i think it worked well at Rome and Grand valley where finishing the stints were not such a struggle but it has hurt me at Laguna and Fuji where it has, but Fuji wasnt the tyre wear that made the deficit soo huge it was mainly to the fact I wasn't able to match my qually pace where as you warrior where only improving on it.

I usually use 5-3 or 4-3
  2. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Im not gonna make tonights race most likely, be back next week...

Have a good one.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Bugger tek, was looking forward to racing you tonight.
  4. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    I am a maybe at this point, hoping to join but need to sort out some stuff, hopefully in time for the race....
  5. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    As you can see, Warrior was too good again, but Musta kept him super honest. I was stoked to finish on the lead lap tbh, and our host got d/c'd from a comfortable 3rd place. Sucks big hairy stinky ones Cyber. (btw Warrior pole, and Cyber FL was 56.700, Cyber gets 11th and N64 gets 12th).

[​IMG]

Am sucking on a well deserved beer and hoping not to see GV again for a wee while.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    There was soo many lead changes in that race i lost count that was awesome.

Good job to Corza as well getting a front row Grid spot.
    corzza likes this.
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Gah. Another PSN disaster shortly before the projected start. That's two weeks in a row it's happened. I do think had I been able to start I might
    have been able to make some inroads, but we'll never know. Well done to warrior (sigh. Again.) and Mustafur, the two clear standouts. Anon wins the paint prize this week. Next week I predict even more disaster. Hopefully I can actually finish a race, but I'm pumped for Deep Forest. I'll try and get a report done (I was blocked from saving it, oddly.) thanks to warrior.

Nevertheless, this season has been an absolute disaster, and has really given my confidence a huge dent.

Cheers, Jono
  8. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    3 stops was the way to go, 4 was too slow.
  9. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I pitted 5 times so did warrior.
  10. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    What the f..............
    Brain meltdown!!!!!!!!:confused: :D:D
  11. corzza

corzza New Recruit

PSN ID
    corzza7
    Sorry if anyone got involved in my crash at the start of the race, can't believe I made a silly mistake in the tunnel. Also very disappointed not to put my front row grid spot to good use, was feeling good during qualy.

But overall, good racing guys
    stucar17 likes this.
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    5, really.......*shakes head and wonders what the hell just happened*

I was happy with the result tonight. Was always going to 3 stop, saved me about 50 secs in the pits.....as it turned out was the right way to go in class B. Corzza just too quick......Will do a report tomorrow and update the ladders.

Bad luck Cyber and 64. I have everything crossed, including my hairy ones that the network for GT6 is a step above.
  13. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    i had a big drop off after around lap 16 so im pretty sure for me it was the fastest overall way to finish.
  14. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Five stops!?!??!! I though you guys would've only stoped twice and made the rest of us look tame. I genuinely thought it would be between a three or four stopper. Four for me and it worked, Just.
  15. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    That's it!!! I have no business being in Div1 lol
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Well the 1 stop and get dsc didn't really work for me :( was looking at a solid 3rd on a 4 stop strat but the psn had other ideas. If we are going to be paying for psn on ps4 it better be a far cry from this POS. Unfortunately gt6 is still going to be on the current psn so I'm not getting my hopes up for much of a improvement :(
    Ad2mny and JonoStan96 like this.
  17. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    All I saw was smoke in the tunnel and then booooom, couldn't avoid you and copped a a penalty which dropped me back from 6th to last. But have to admit that I had my own list of incidents after that so no clue how that impacted my race. The last few laps were horrific as I had natman in front lagging pretty badly, making it impossible to race him... smoke everywhere, kept missing my braking mark cause all I could see was smoke (not your fault mate) lol...
    Good race guys, you're all just too good for me.
  18. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
  19. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    I'm happy with 6th in this feild of stone cold killers! - 55.3...really Warrior!? ...you are a machine.
    Same as last week but longer...kind of got left to circulate by myself for 60laps ...oh apart from the occassional flyby from Warrior,Mustafur&Anon. :)
    Lucked in on my fuel...had no idea what to put in on the last stop and just made it.
    Brain fade on lap 93 as i pulled the handbrake across the line only to realise i actually had to do lap 93 to finish- Duh!
    Thanks guy's still enjoying it!!
    X4rotorsploxX likes this.
  20. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    how my race went:
    Started 3rd on the grid, after a Frustrating Qualifying, I didn't have the pace to match Warriors 55.3 but i was doing 55.5s in Practise but i kept making mistakes and i could only manage a 56.0.

at the start I got a really good start and got a good tow off warrior as he went for the inside line, corzza couldn't stop me from passing as he was wedged Inbetween and i Overtook both of them around the outside of Turns 1 & 2 it was super satisfying, then I almost binned it going to the tunnel as i hit the wall but the others had no where to pass and hit me from behind, that allowed me to stay in first and pull a decent gap to warrior and now we were starting to gap the field.

Warrior started to eat the gap up and then passed me a few laps later, at first he was starting to get away but then I digged deep trying everything to not make it a warrior walk through and then was able to match his pace although I was out his draft by this stage, I then went for the first pit stop at lap 16 put in 13 litres then came out in the middle of traffic, warrior pitted the lap after and was 2 positions ahead although only about 2 seconds difference.

As we fought through the traffic, I managed to sneek ahead of warrior again, it didn't last long though and he re-passed me at the end of the lap, then as Warrior was lapping Natman he went wide into the sand at T1 this allowed me to get ahead again, although he wasn't far behind. Then im pretty sure he made another mistake and then went into the pits, i stayed out for an extra 3 laps so i had the better Tyres and came out ahead by 12 seconds, after the next pit stops this was down to 2 seconds(i also pitted a few laps after him) then from there he slowly caught up and went for the pass, made it then I passed him again a lap later, as i had the better tyres so I could hold him off till the last pit stop, i tried to judge when he would go in and got it right but i lost control and only just made it in the pits without hitting the wall.

Me and warrior went into the pits 2 wide I had to put extra fuel though which he had already done and he left the pits around 6 seconds ahead, then he cruised off to an easy win from there by 10 seconds.
    stucar17, Ad2mny and Stumbles like this.