Division 2/3 SEASON 13

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 15, 2013.

1. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    No protest from me.:) apart from speed the cars that have finished go:eek: i had a few seconds up on hr
    but swerve to miss tb i think on the main straight & spun in to the pit wall all by my self on a straight piece of road:oops::mad: that put hr right up my ar--
    and got a little tap as hr went passed;) i am newish to the game now i think about it you may be able
    to drive through the car that has finished :rolleyes:o_Oi do know speed of cars that have finished is a set speed
    all good learn something new every day:cool:
    Cheers BJ :D
    stucar17 likes this.
  2. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    LOL you actually scared the S*#T out of me Bruce:eek::eek::eek:. Didn't see you coming. and yes, you could have just run through me.;)
    WAC likes this.
  3. bjh1012

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Will get there tb :confused:long day. must of had Anon girlfriend on my mind she just got a haircut got good money for the fleece :D
    Ad2mny and t_b_williams like this.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    LOL
  5. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Not to burst your bubble turbo but over those last two laps and with a gap that big (thanks for that), I was really cruising to absolutely ensure I didn't make a silly mistake and bin it myself.

Will watch the replay tonight but after my last stop by the time I got to the first sector split I could have sworn it was something like 11 secs. Could be wrong (its happened before).
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I thought I was wrong once but that proved to be a mistake.;)
  7. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Yeah BJ I dodged the finishing cars too because they looked solid didn't wanna risk it normally if you can drive through they are ghosted. Guess it was cause I was lapped they stayed solid.
  8. bjh1012

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Thought some thing was a bid different to what i had seen before thanks Ad see learnt another thing 2 in 2 days:confused::D
    Ad2mny likes this.
  9. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    So you're saying I DIDN'T do 2 x 55 second laps at the end then? Dangnammit! :p:po_O
    OverDrivve and t_b_williams like this.
  10. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Autumn Ring is definitely a different challenge in this car. I'm going to use my wheel for the first time in this race, so I expect to be well off the pace as I've had bugger all practice with it! It feels good though, struggling for consistency though, much different to controller.
    I'm struggling to break 1:10!
    Ad2mny likes this.
  11. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    When I first started here I was using a controller too. I sometimes think I could be faster with the controller still but the old DFGT adds that little bit more realism to the whole experience. Its funny, I had the wheel for about 3 years and only used it twice then put it away because it was such a pain to set up. Since I started doing some decent racing here and saw all the other setups I decided to brush the cobwebs off and give it a proper go. Got a good setup now and the missus lets me keep it in the lounge near the TV so I can use it whenever. A good stand/cockpit makes all the difference.
    Clevohead, S_CLOSE and leeboy910 like this.
  12. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I've got a wheel stand which is really good, just need a decent seat. I do enjoy the added realism too.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  13. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Keep an eye on your local tip shop. I picked up a surprisingly good one for just $10. A good wash and a few hours in the hot QLD sun and she was good to go.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys,
    Have been thinking about this for a few days after my brush with Warrior and Musta in the last race, and the post race chat after the race had finished.

Unfortunately i got in Mustas way while he was lapping me last week. It was unintentional, as i didnt see him behind Warrior at that part of the track, but it prompted the question by Mustafur "what are lapped cars supposed to do" ?

Just a reminder from our rules and regs........

(ix) If you are being lapped do not attempt to race the passing car. Blue flag rules apply. Meaning you must concede track position to drivers on the lead lap within a reasonable time frame. If you are battling for position with another driver some concession can be made, but at your next available opportunity (such as before the braking zone on a straight), you should concede track position. A rule of thumb for a reasonable time frame is within four corners, unless you can pull away (out of slip stream range) during this time due to fresher tyres for example.

This IS NOT targeted any anyone, just a reminder after the race last week from what happened to me, and the fact that Warrior and Musta lapped everyone except Anon 12 times !!!

Nothing more than a clarification of the rules guys.

Cheers
    Stu
    bjh1012 likes this.
  15. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Yea thats good Stu, whilst it didn't really cross my mind at the time, it was later on I remembered how distracting it was, especially how GT5 has that weird sound issue where opponents cars sound louder than yours in close proximity. Several times I was near lapped cars and almost had incidents as I was put off by the other car screeching or engine revs.

I started off "racing" the lapped ghosts like they were solid, but in the end I just gave up and tried to pretend they weren't there which was hard sometimes.
  16. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Ive always thought lapped cars ghost with penalties on? They always ghosted for me (although its been awhile since ive lapped anyone) and what this about BJ and annons better half having a haircut, do you guys live close or something? P.S pics or haircut never happened :p
    stucar17 likes this.
  17. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    I could be wrong here, but i always try to race as if the car is a solid object even if it is a lapped car - i know it's just a game but the idea is we are simulating a race enviroment. It's still up to the lapped car to concede the position to a faster car but i personally would not be happy with them just driving thru me like i wasn't there.
    Ad2mny and stucar17 like this.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    The other thing is that it stops the glitching where, in the past, there have been lapped cars that havent ghosted and its ended in tears for both drivers.....

Best to assume they are solid, if they are lapping you let them go, and stay on their coat tails using the draft i reckon.
    Ad2mny and Clevohead like this.
  19. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Hi mate,

Hope all is well, seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth.........

Hopefully see you back amongst it soon

Stu​
    Yep,i'm getting there now,bad dose of Adult tonsilitis that turned into a thing called a superaglottitis,(think thats the spelling),which basically is your throat swelling so much it closes off and they have to put a tube in so you can breath.Been in hospital from early hours last fri,until today,they only removed the tube from my throat and stopped the sedation on wednesday,so as you'd guess i don't remember much. Would've let ya's know sooner,but the wife didn't know my password,and didn't think about the "stay signed in" feature. I obviously couldn't tell her,they really knock you out with the good stuff,:cool:when you need a tube down your throat!o_O
    Ad2mny likes this.
  20. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Sorry the answer's late, it's www.gteye.com.au:cool::cool::cool::cool: