Division 1 SEASON 13

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 15, 2013.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Code:
     Round 5, GVER enduro race lap times
    Driver  Time  Best Lap
    01. Warrior...................55.394--Div 1
    02. Mustafur..................55.748--Div 1
    03. Anon666...................55.864--Div 1
    04. Corzza....................56.119----Div 1b
    05. Natmanscoop...............56.489----Div 1b
    06. Stuart....................56.584----Div 1b
    07. S_Close...................56.600----Div 1b
    08. Stumbles..................56.644------Div 2a
    09. disturboed................56.648------Div 2a
    10. Cyber.....................56.700--Div 1
    11. TTRjoe....................56.756----Div 1b
    12. Gary......................56.762----Div 1b
    13. OvverDrivve...............56.882------Div 2a
    14. t_b_williams..............56.909------Div 2a
    15. Vendalism.................56.963----Div 1b
    16. X-3vilm00n................57.076------Div 2a
    17. hr31gts...................57.249---------Div2B
    18. bjh1012...................57.419---------Div2B
    19. Ad2mny....................57.491------Div 2a
    20. emmo46....................57.519------Div 2a
    21. HazeOne68.................58.031---------Div2B
    [b/code]
    stucar17 likes this.
  2. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    @Anon, I downloaded the replay, but when I try to copy it, it says it's corrupted, I don't know why because it does recognise it. Also the folder has to be titled BCES00569-RPL012. (Sharing replay tutorial http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/a-guide-to-sharing-replays.239169/)

Just a fantastic race last night, I counted 11 lead changes between mustafur (51 laps led), myself (40 laps led) and vendalism (2 laps led). I made 5 stops, but I think 4 stops was best.

I got a poor start from 1st gear, so I went to defend the inside and could do nothing as mustafur drove around the outstide of me. The 1st and second stints were very close until I was grabbed by the grass straight into a wall on my out lap, that cost me about 13 seconds, from there on I knew it would be tough to chase mustafur back down, but was I bit fortunate when he lost time trying to lap other cars. I did eventually catch up as was able to make a pass on lap 70 only to see mustafur fly back past on lap 71.

I initially planned to pit on lap 78, but as we were both approaching traffic I deciced to pit a lap sooner to try and get the undercut only to see mustafur make a late entry and almost lose it as a result. We then managed to enter the pits overlapping each other. My car didn't need to slow for his car and that I only needed to put in 10 L both helped me have a margin of 5 sec after the stop. Then I just had to stay smooth to the finish.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ad2mny, WAC and stucar17 like this.
  3. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Is that Warrior's car sideways with smoke?!? He IS human after all!! Or is it all an elaborate charade? LOL, the Div 1 pace is mega, all of you guys should be chuffed, awesome stuff.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Great pics as always Warrior.

I quallied 6th i think with a PB of 56.1. Was happy with that (must have been the livery change back to yellow !!) , then just tried to avoid any 1st lap carnage and get to my first stop on lap 24.

I had a few little battles with Vendal in the first 15 laps (sry mate, i think a few time i braked a little early and you hit me, wasnt intentional) and other than that was in clean air for a lot of the race, trying not to bin it.

I think i bounced around anywhere from 5th to 9th, according to the undercut, and peoples strategy, but with the second stop on lap 47 i think i was in a pretty solid 5th, not really sure how far up the road Corzza was.

Must also apologize to Musta and Warrior, i saw you guys coming and did my best to get out of the way, letting warrior through in turn 2, not seeing Musta. Thankfully he ghosted through me and did no damage to you or to me.

I pitted for the last time on lap 70, threw in 14 ltrs just to be sure, and cruized around in the low 57s. Had a few clench moments, with my mind drifting off, but managed to get it home 6 secs shy of corzza. Just really wish there were split times to the car behind and in front. Would be much easier to know how you are going relative to the guy you are racing !

Yet another great win warrior, well done to Musta on keeping you honest, and to Anon for a well deserved podium. Bad luck Cyber, getting kicked from your own lobby is a bit like kicking yourself in the balls, not fun and doesnt make any sense !

Well done to Corzza for the class B win, pushing the Class A guys hard, and to to Joe for another podium. Good drive mate, better than you thought ;)

Stu
  5. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Yeah that last pit stop probably came off looking pretty dirty, i was getting pretty desperate at that point knowing it was key to have any chnace of winning, i was looking behind the whole time and i turned in whilst still looking back.

It works much better on F1 ill tell you that now lol.

I think i learned something quite useful out of that race though, i tend to go with a more relaxed pace in the race to avoid mistakes, but if i can improve my focus i can bang out qualifying laps and stick with Warrior.

Im sure he is probably at a relaxed pace when this happens though lol.
  6. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    You and Warrior were behind me(about to lap me) and thought you were in my draft, i was getting nervous,checked the rear view again.. nope your heading for the pits! i saw you go side ways into pit entry and honestly thought you had binned into the pit wall...what a recovery. Glad you didn't take him out.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys,
    Have been thinking about this for a few days after my brush with Warrior and Musta in the last race, and the post race chat after the race had finished.

Unfortunately i got in Mustas way while he was lapping me last week. It was unintentional, as i didnt see him behind Warrior at that part of the track, but it prompted the question by Mustafur "what are lapped cars supposed to do" ?

Just a reminder from our rules and regs........

(ix) If you are being lapped do not attempt to race the passing car. Blue flag rules apply. Meaning you must concede track position to drivers on the lead lap within a reasonable time frame. If you are battling for position with another driver some concession can be made, but at your next available opportunity (such as before the braking zone on a straight), you should concede track position. A rule of thumb for a reasonable time frame is within four corners, unless you can pull away (out of slip stream range) during this time due to fresher tyres for example.

This IS NOT targeted any anyone, just a reminder after the race last week from what happened to me, and the fact that Warrior and Musta lapped everyone except Anon 12 times !!!

Nothing more than a clarification of the rules guys.

Cheers
    Stu
  8. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Looking at fastest laps, pretty happy with that, babying the tyres on a 3-stop and having all of 10mins practice before Qual!

I absolutely destroyed my first set of rears with a spin over the blind crest onto the back straight, I believe about half the field was dodging that one ? !

Joe and maybe Gary, I don't think I could see you most of the race, sorry if I got in your way.
    Don't know why PSN was such a pig, better luck this week eh? !
    S_CLOSE and stucar17 like this.
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I hate to be a pain, but I'm going to pull out of the Autumn Ring race.
    My connection is horrendous, I keep getting disconnected just moments before the race start, I'm driving the car terribly and I dislike the track immensely.

Also, I think throwing away a 30 second lead in my own f$@&ing event tonight was the last straw for me. My driving condfidence is now at an all time low, an extreme contrast to the immense highs of Race 1, Season 10, The 3 way title fight of Season 11, Race 2 of Season 12 and my domination of Beannie's series.

I think it's better for me to not worry about the next race, where I surely wont score, and not let myself be burned out with school assessments, the stressful race reports and other stuff. I thought I'd like to let you know now rather than be rude and not explain my actions.

Cheers, Jono
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    you need to ring the phone provider, or the modem people and get it sorted.

There has to be a reason, although mine kept having a brain fart in about season 10 for some stupid, unknown reason.
  11. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    ever since they started putting NBN in my area, my net and phone connection has been crap, its like they are forcing you to get it(not that its a bad thing).
  12. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Hear rumours of some the old guys returning for GT6 from carns whirlpool thread, ala JC (season 1 and 2 champ) and neverenough these guys should give warrior, must and xmotor and good run for there money. Myself Ive only ever considered myself to be a decent runner in an average bunch and that what I have proven to be :p

Yea 64 you shouldn't lose confidence tho its just connection issues, I have no issues admitting your way faster than say me generally, but every dog has its day so there gonna be the odd day when im faster :p
    You did have a cracking battle 1st season too I was keeping an eye on.
  13. WAC

PSN ID
    @Nat - wasn't until the the race started that i realised i could not see you, did not affect my race at all.
    @Jono - My driving condfidence took a hugh hit in season 12 but it only takes one good race to lift the spirits - just need to get you
    on the damn track that's all!
    Watched some of the replay last night (big job to try and follow all the action of a 93lap race!)
    Thought i dealt with the faster guy's coming thru ok? - let me know if that's incorrect :)
    stucar17 likes this.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    You were fine joe, there is no issue with back markers , just a clarification of the rule is all.
  15. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah, sorry if I got in anyones way when they were lapping me. The main problem I had was that every car that came up behind me was ghosting, so I wasn't sure if I was being lapped, or racing for position (I am not good at remembering everyones colours sorry). Ended up letting some through that were on the same lap, and blocking others that were lapping me. It's not a great track for finding a spot to get out of the way too. Sorry!

Nat - I thought something funny was going on, as you were being very pushy-nudgy. Now I realise you couldnt see me! All good.
  16. WAC

PSN ID
    Your right Gary it is hard to know who to race against - the driver position table is crap.
    (iracing have got it just right & you know exactly who to battle with)
  17. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    On the topic of lapped cars, I think we can also say that a driver is allowed to unlap him/herself if they are clearly faster, as in F1. On a small track like GVE, and with so many laps it could ruin your race to sit in behind the leader if you've just come out of the pits on fresh tyres and the leader is right in front of you on a set that are 12 laps old and 2 seconds off the pace. Musta and I found ourselves in that situation on Sunday, and I initially sat in behind, but I think we both decided it wasn't working and I went through and was able to pull away thanks to my newer boots. This is going to be pretty rare, but it is worth noting.
    stucar17 and S_CLOSE like this.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Agree 100% Anon, as is written in the rule....

'A rule of thumb for a reasonable time frame is within four corners, unless you can pull away (out of slip stream range) during this time due to fresher tyres for example'.
  19. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Well my question was more on whether we where allowed to go through the lapped cars as they are ghosts since penalties are on.

I would agree with it being unacceptable on other sims as they have a built in blue flag system which GT5 doesn't have so it relies on the backmarkers to know where the person behind position is.
  20. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Sorry guys I think I might miss tonight as well, motivation is at an all time low and I am f@$&!# after work tbh. Gt6 will be the fresh start I need I reckon, along with pc gaming but the timing isn't great anyway with year 12 either and plenty of other stuff so yeah, I'll see you around anyways
    JonoStan96 likes this.