Division 1 SEASON 13

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 15, 2013.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    You and me both mate. Yr 12 is a bit of a struggle for me at the moment haha
  2. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Well done, another big room. Same result. Musta had a HDMI issue, so it was the Warrior show again. WD mate.
    [​IMG]
    Ahh, Musta, didn't get your FL, damn.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  3. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Musta FL: 1:08.767
  4. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Felt like Webber did in 2006 at Monaco, finally looked good for a win then it gets taken from you lol.
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good race guys at a bloody tough track.

I had a couple of brain fart moments which cost me, as usual !

Anyway, well done again to warrior, anon, another solid drive and corzza, starting to show his true pace.
    Well done guys.
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    What chrome/matte paint would you like Musta?
  7. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I would give it to Anon, he fought with Warrior for most of the race and only just out in the last stint.
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Fair enough mate, that's quite awesome.
    So Anon, what'll it be?
  9. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    *Note to self: - how about you work out your f...ing pitstops before the race starts!
    The race was better than expected - tough luck Mustafur - i completely blew my chances by staying out on worn tyres thinking i
    would pick people off in the final stint - by that stage there was no one to pick off! Good fight to the finish thou with Vendal.
    Great opening laps with hardly any paint swapped (surprisingly!) - dive bombed Stu afew times into T1 but he was not as tired
    as i was hoping he was! :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2013
  10. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Something bright N64. Bad luck again Musta. All my good luck got used up with Warrior getting a collision penalty when your car pulled up. Managed to stay ahead after the first pitstops but once I got into Cob's draft I couldn't keep the front end pointed where I needed it. Thankfully he eventually pulled over and I drove the inside line till around lap 26, after that it was all one way traffic. Draft understeer was cruel on this track, for plebs like me anyway, so it was hard work getting past anyone even when they were ghosts.

Should have been around 12 seconds, but I think Warrior had a moment on the penultimate lap, ahh what could have been... Was good fun running up the front for a change, hope I can be there or thereabouts next week as well.
  11. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Would anyone like to volunteer to do a news report for this division again? Anything would be appreciated. Thanx
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773

If someone else can do a report this week guys would be good, ive done a couple of them so must be someone elses turn with jono not able to do it.;) Warrior ???? you always do a photo report, if you had the time maybe a few lines as well ??? !!! :D
    Ad2mny likes this.
  13. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    I'll give it a shot...can't do anything tonight as i have do a night shift but will go thru the replay on Tuesday and string something to..gether
    Ad2mny and stucar17 like this.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah Joe, i thought a few of them were from a long way back !
    I think i quallied in 5th or 6th, and was kinda expecting that with a 1.09.1##, got a good clean start, and was running in 5th i think behind corzza and the usuals up the front..

Joe tried a few time to get past, but with the draft under-steer was pretty tough for him so i settled into a bit of a rhythm and managed to get a big enough gap to stay comfortable, till i got distracted by a few of the messages coming up on the screen and spun it at the loop before the bridge, gifting both Joe and Tek a spot. :mad:

Was toying with the idea of 1 stopping after that, but ended up pitting at the end of lap 15, and tried to chase down Tek in front. ABout 4 laps in i caught Gary who kindly let me past on fresher rubber, and i think there was about 10 secs to Tek up the road.

Pitted again on lap 21 i think, same as Tek, and had made some ground but i screwed up again on exit when i pulled over for who i thought was warrior, but it was actually Cob who was doing his best to stay out of my way !!!! By the time i reaslised Tek had well and truely bolted and i had to settle for 6th.

Was a good race though, just need to get the stupid errors out of my driving again......:mad:

Bad luck to Musta, well done though to Warrior, Anon and Corzza for a well deserved podium.

Good driveTek in Class B, and joe, get that pit strategy right !!!!!

Will try to get the ladders done up tonight guys,

Stu
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Sounds great mate.
  16. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

That was an enjoyable race, everyone kept it on track for the 1st 8 laps or so there was a good train going.
    Fun race for me, had a few good battles with Cyber good ding dong stuff :p abit of painted exchanged but no one had a major off.

Lost abit of time after my 1st stop when I couldn't clear Close, who was old tyres quick enough. Allowing Cyber to close the 2-3 sec gap. He ended up getting passed me when I thought he was going try around the outside turn 6 so I gave room comprising my exit speed but he had criss crossed to the inside and had way better exit speed and breezed past.
    Joe then got passed me when I caught abit to much grass on exit coming onto the main straight and lost the rear, managed to save it and only lost 2-3 secs.

Ended up catching back up to both joe and cyber at the end of the stint, when cyber took his 2nd stop I was right on his tail. I thought "cool it should be close after I pit the next lap"
    ....devastated when I came out of the pits and saw he had 9-10 seconds on me. I couldn't believe it! I thought maybe 2-3secs for the undercut, I did have a slight off entering the pits in that I went into fast and caught the grass abit but that was only say 2 secs max lost. Undercut worked really well here he made heaps of time the 1st undercut he did too.

So I had a lonely 3rd sector I thought Joe might come back into it but soon became obvious he waited to pit to late :p You should of gone in lap after me at least. I could see stu back and still kept pushing till about lap 37-38 after that I realised I had nothing to gain and more to lose so wound back the pace abit.

Stu u must of qualified fast than that, I did a 109:0xx and I was 7th joe ahead in 6th and you 5th.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
    Ad2mny and stucar17 like this.
  17. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Thanks again guys, it was a really great race last night, which would have been even better had Mustafur not had any problems. Well done to corzza for another podium and very well done to Anon, you had some real speed here. Also this was my 1st race in the Citroen with my new G27 wheel which I bought from our good friend the Gamesmen.

In my race I thought I had a reasonable start, but it wasn't as good as mustas. After turn 1 I slotted into second place and immediately went into tyre conservation mode knowing it be almost impossible to pass around here. I soon realised that a 2 stop strategy was best over a 1 stop. Before the 1st stop it was time to use the tyres and I was able to catch up to Anon's bumper. Anon came in on lap 13 leaving me a 2 laps of clean air.

Start of 2nd stint I came out of the pits to see S_Close and Anon wiz by me, then it was the same plan to save tyres early. I started to close Anon back down on lap 21 and could not find a way past, until on lap 27 he went a bit wide and I was able to take the inside line. I Pitted again on lap 28 to come out marginally ahead of Anon. I managed to build a 11 second margin before I had a moment trying to find the limit with the new wheel on lap 40

[​IMG]
    The 6th and penultimate race of season 13 saw drivers congregate form all over Australia to the historic Gran Turismo track known as Autumn Ring. Qualifying was another hotly contested battle as always, with the winning pole time of 1:08.008 determining the Grid order as follows 1. Warrior, 2. Mustafur, 3. Anon, 4. Corzza, 5. Joe, 6. Stu, 7. Teknique, 8. Cyber, 9. Vend, 10. Gary, 11. S_Close and 12. Cob
    [​IMG]
    As the lights went out Mustafur made an amazing start with a 0-100 KPH of less the 2 second and was able to hold the inside line taking the early lead from Warrior. The early part of the race was driven with great skill and precision by all drivers as they fought hard to maintain and improve their position around this tight and twisty track.
    [​IMG]
    Soon disaster struck leader Mustafur on lap 5 when a HDMI cable decided to be faulty leaving Mustafur totally blind. That left Warrior, unaware at the time of the mechanic dramas plaguing Mustafur's car carshing into the rear of it opening the door for Anon to take the lead of the race
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The start of lap 16 saw S_Close take the lead from Anon and Warrior who both were on a 2-stop strategy. S_Closes's much older tyres proved no match and was overtaken shortly there after.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Teknique and Cyber were also having the own enthralling battle for 4th place as Cyber manages to sneak down the inside of Teknique who was making and overtake on S_Close who is still trying to make it on 1 stop on his now heavily worn tyres.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lets not forget about 3rd place man Corzza who is once again driving a very solid race all be it a very lonely one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Just before the 2-stoppers make their final stop on lap 27 Warrior takes the lead from Anon who was driving like a true professional absorbing the enormous pressure handed out by Warrior who had been glued to the rear bumper for the last 5 laps.
    [​IMG]
    The race for 7th position between Vendalism and Joe was an epic one with numerous passes between the pair of them. As they crossed the finish it was Vendalism by a car length to Joe.

The race win ended up going to Warrior from Anon and class B winner was Corzza rounding out the podium. 4th and biggest mover up 4 places was Cyber. 5th Teknique. 6th Stu, 7th Vend, 8th Joe, 9th Gary, 10th S_Close, 11th CobMcCool, 12th (DNF) Mustafur.

Next week it's onto the 7th and Final race of the season at Deep Forrest.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
    WAC, Ad2mny, Cyber_STIG_77 and 2 others like this.
  18. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Looks good Warrior. We can only fit 8 photos so will have a hard decision to make which ones not to use lol. Let me know who will do the final draft of the report and I will go from there. I will add you both to the workzone so you can do the drafts there. Thanx again
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Oh dear, I can only add one more to the workzone. Never mind, I'll just grab it from here.
  20. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Fastest laps from Autumn Ring, Great pace Overdrivve.

Code:
    ....Driver....................Best Lap
    01. Warrior.................1:08.100--Div 1
    02. Anon666.................1:08.593--Div 1
    03. OvverDrivve.............1:08.735------Div 2a
    04. Mustafur................1:08.767--Div 1
    05. Stuart..................1:08.987----Div 1b
    06. Cyber...................1:09.028--Div 1
    07. Vendalism...............1:09.093----Div 1b
    08. Corzza..................1:09.127----Div 1b
    09. Teknique................1:09.153----Div 1b
    10. TTRjoe..................1:09.333----Div 1b