Division 2/3 SEASON 13

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 15, 2013.

1. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Maybe you should be in Div1 mate, my best time wasn't even in the 9s and finished last ( yes with two brain fart moments: 1 pit stop + adding fuel WTF???) happy to swap places next season ;)
  2. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    So it is. Updated :)
  3. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Yep that is a Div 1 time right there
  4. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    DSC'd again. My new turtle beach headset bounced off the floor in anger. 4th place I think I was and into turn 1 saw OD and turbo straight on into the gravel trap then drag along the barrier and I knew that was it.

Hurry up new router.
  5. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    But no issues in GTA V?
  6. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Some Clevo. It seems solid then just goes.
    Clevohead likes this.
  7. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    You have bounced out of some GTA5 lobbies Ads, although I think GT5 is more sensitive.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  8. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Yep, indeed I have. I'll be in a full lobby then all of a sudden it's like I farted and everyone leaves at once.
    Clevohead likes this.
  9. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Yay! First win of the season! Redemption for what could have been last week.

Funnily enough I hadn't really done a lot of practice for this round, maybe only about 30 laps in total. I had managed to get a 1.09.6 as a PB in practice so thought at least I would be in contention for a good finish. Qualy time and I started a few minutes late making sure HR31 was able to get in the room. It took quite a few laps to bring the tyres up to temp, and I was beating the first sector times by a good margin, but loosing it by the line. It all came together on my last lap though, as the tyres started to loose their prime grip, I crossed the line with 15 seconds in the session remaining and snatched pole from Overdrivve beating him by only a few hundredths.

Race time, and I pulled a good start off the line and got a few car lengths in front of the pack snarling behind me. Taking it easy on the cold tyres, but not too easy to get swallowed up, I slowly built a gap and by the end of the first lap I was 1 second ahead. Given his practice times, I knew Overdrivve was going to be fast, but he got spun early on and ended up down the middle of the pack. He quickly worked his way back through the field in to 3rd behind Evilmoon who was having a great run in 2nd. I worked at extending the gap and by the time I took my first stop at the end of lap 13, it was about 10 seconds.

Having regained the lead the next lap when the others pitted, I was still able to build on the gap with some consistent laps. Evil was doing a massive job holding off Overdrivve and it definitely benefited me. The end of lap 27 was my next scheduled stop, and the gap had grown to a healthy 20 seconds. The lap previous Overdrivve had finally gotten past moon and commenced his hunt-down mission! My first mistake came when I entered the pit lane for my second stop and totally forgot to brake, which lost me about 4 or 5 seconds as the auto-drive tried scrape me off the pit wall. After Overdrivve had pitted the gap was down to about 16 or so seconds. I knew in clean air, he was going to be dangerous and I couldn't just cruise to an easy victory.

The next 12 laps were intense for me as the gap started to drop quite rapidly, and not even stringing together some of my fastest laps could stop the decline in my lead. OD was on a mission from God! He was coming and coming fast, I could only watch the lap counter slowly decrease (wait didn't we just do lap 38 already?). The gap had shrunk to the point even the smallest mistake would see him through, or at worst, one of those dreaded shortcut penalties on the esses. I managed to keep it all together though and crossed the line in a pool of sweat with OD only 3 seconds behind me! Moon rounded off the podium.

Well done to OD & Moon on their race, well driven guys. Hopefully we'll see some of the others back for the last round!
    JonoStan96, Bluemoon, S_CLOSE and 2 others like this.
  10. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

congrats on the win turbo.
  11. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Congrats on the win turbo.

Have to apologize to OD again. The turning around that Turbo mentioned was entirely my fault. Was too close going around the 270deg loop and tagged the inside back end of his car and around he went. Then again a few laps later, lag gave him another push off track. Redressed both but lost us both precious time and positions. Had the pace to stay close to if not with OD if it weren't for my mistake when we caught Darkace. OD got through cleanly but when it came to my turn, I got on the power just a little too early through the left hander after the second hairpin and spun myself around loosing touch. Spent the rest of the race trying to lay down qually lap after qually lap to get somewhere near the podium. Ended up only .3 behind emmo, had I had one more lap............

So once again a series of mistakes / lag cost me a decent haul of points. Still the mid pack in the championship in class A is VERY close.
  12. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Well dun (Dist OD MOON class A & HR DARK HAZ class B ) I will just for get about this one & move on to this coming sunday :rolleyes::(:):D
    Cheers BJ
    stucar17 and t_b_williams like this.
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Fastest laps from Autumn Ring.
    Very quick time from Overdrive
    Code:
    ....Driver....................Best Lap
    01. Warrior.................1:08.100--Div 1
    02. Anon666.................1:08.593--Div 1
    03. OverDrivve..............1:08.735------Div 2a
    04. Mustafur................1:08.767--Div 1
    05. Stuart..................1:08.987----Div 1b
    06. Cyber...................1:09.028--Div 1
    07. Vendalism...............1:09.093----Div 1b
    08. Corzza..................1:09.127----Div 1b
    09. Teknique................1:09.153----Div 1b
    10. TTRjoe..................1:09.333----Div 1b
    11. t_b_williams............1:09.339------Div 2a
    12. disturboed..............1:09.357------Div 2a
    13. X-3vilm00n..............1:09.743------Div 2a
    14. emmo46..................1:09.974------Div 2a
    15. S_Close.................1:10.012----Div 1b
    16. CobMcCool...............1:10.016----Div 1b
    17. Gary....................1:10.145----Div 1b
    18. hr31gts.................1:10.673---------Div2B
    19= bjh1012.................1:10.817---------Div2B
    19= Darkace  ..............1:10.817---------Div2B
    21. HazeOne68...............1:11.102---------Div2B
    22. Ad2mny..................1:19.156------Div 2a
    [b/code]
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Well done to Turbo, OD and Evil, great racing. I am very glad to say I had a good clean race this week with no spins from my own mistakes or with assistance from others. I didn't qualify all that well being about half second off my PB and started in 6th. I held that from the start and battled side by side with Evil at the far side of the circuit and then moved up to 5th still behind Evil when poor Ad2 Dcd at the start of lap 2. On lap 2 or 3 I came around the last section of the loop to find mayhem and through the smoke I managed to run into the back of T_B but it only delayed me slightly and let Evil get a bit of a gap on me. I had passed Overdrivve and T_B in the mayhem and now settled into 3rd with a good gap back to the cars behind.
    Towards the end of my first stint around laps 10 to 13 I closed right up on Evil and when he pitted at the end of thirteen I quickly decided to alter my strategy and go on to lap 14. I think this was a mistake because I was only about a second behind evil before
    he pitted but came out about 4 seconds behind after my stop. I was conscious that T_B and Overdrivve would probably be coming back through the field and sure enough about half way through the race Overdrivve caught and passed me into turn 1. I didn't resist because I didn't want to drop too far back from evil and thought if I let OD through and followed him I might make more ground on Evil.
    I never managed to close the gap to evil, I would gain some but then fall back again and I settled into a run in 4th to the flag. The leader board showed HR31GTR in 5th behind me with T_B in sixth. I could see HR's name tag going round the loop as I rounded the hairpin at the end of the back straight so I figured he was probably about 50 seconds or so behind and as T_B was shown in 6th I assumed he was probably just ahead of me almost a lap down.
    I was surprised to see his car closing in my mirrors over the last few laps and thought he must be a lap behind although I didn't remember passing him any where, I thought I must have lapped him while he was in the pits.
    I decided I wouldn't just roll over and let him unlap himself, he would have to drive around me or ghost through me. I managed to hold him off by a car length at the flag and then got a shock when the results page came up and he was only 3 tenths behind. I would have been spewing if I had let him pass. Oddly even in the replay it listed him in 6th below HR even though he was obviously ahead of HR ???
    The battle for 3rd in both Div 2 outright and Class A is very very tight and the last race should be extremely interesting. I could end up anywhere between 3rd and 7th for the Season!!
    see you all next week.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
    Bluemoon and Ad2mny like this.
  15. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    I'm good to host if you're not available Stumbles. See ya's on Sunday,I intend to get my 2nd win,so look out! lol:p
    Ad2mny likes this.
  16. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I'll be there this Sunday lads, had a few things going on recently which are all tied up, so be back for the final race of the GT5 league!
    Bring on GT6!
    stucar17 likes this.
  17. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Sorry Dek, I'm gunning for the championship now!! It's a long shot, I really need to win and grab a couple bonus points to have a real chance, and of course for overdrive to finish down the order a bit!
    DekGT5mad and leeboy910 like this.
  18. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Should be a mega race then!!
    DekGT5mad and stucar17 like this.
  19. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Oh what, you dont want to keep the trend going of a different winner each week? No one has won more than once yet.
    DekGT5mad, Ad2mny and leeboy910 like this.
  20. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    That'd be pretty cool actually...but I'd love another win :D
    DekGT5mad likes this.