GT6 GT6 General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by FloodSim, Jan 15, 2014.

1. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Thought we could use a general discussion thread for GT6; a place for random thoughts and topics for discussion that don't need a new thread of their own. Maybe it could get stickied too..

So i'll start off..
    I find GT6 single-player to be a total waste of time. The AI is worse than ever; they just coast through corners, sitting on the racing line, and the way they brake check you mid corner is a joke. The only challenge single player provides is trying to avoid crashing into the AI cars.
    Luckily seasonal events are back and pay out good money.

Then over the weekend I did the Red Bull Challenge races with the X2014 Junior. The AI in those races is so much better. They might not full-on race you, but they at least are quick and don't do any of the nonsense I described before.
    So, why the difference PD?? Why can't all AI in single-player races be like this too?
  2. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    That Lunar mission is ridiculous, I could barely stop laughing that this was a GT game.
  3. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Like all racing its best with real people.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I loved the lunar missions, I thought they were great fun.
  5. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte

I'm with you flood, there's plenty of seasonals with half decent AI, yet they make all of career mode a joke, plenty of others games have challenging AI, but not GT series.

Good part of the reason why I won't go back to this franchise.
  6. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I'll finally be able to get my butt online tonight...after downloading all the patches!

I saw a trailer for Project Cars which is coming for PS4/XB1/PC...trailer looks good, real proof will be in the game itself though. The sounds are terrific too, the Z4 GT3 and the Zonda R sound brilliant. Hope there is a Lexus LFA in there!

Those lunar missions were hilarious, talk about some epic hangtime!
    The thing that annoys me most about GT games is the fact that they are so heavily reliant on Japanese manufacturers. Obviously being a Japanese produced game this is understandable, but there are some glaring omissions from the vehicles available and it would be good if they could get a few more genuine race cars (I'm thinking DTM, V8SC, Formula cars etc.)
    I know it would probably cost a bomb in licensing, but might bring more people in.

I totally agree about the AI as well. It is completely horrendous...maybe PD got all the kids in the office one day and let them play and used their lap times as a guide...
  7. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Online has spoiled AI racing it just can't compete.
  8. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    To be honest I am pretty disappointed in gt6, with network issues now worse than they were with gt5, many many glitches, many features available in earlier titles not included, some things that are included that just don't work, cars that sound like vacuum cleaners, and inconsistencies all round, PD is treating us with contempt and taking us all for suckers.
    Out of curiosity the other day I threw on gt4 which is absolutely jam packed with stuff, and while you may not use all of it, it's nice to know its there and it feels like a finished game, gt6 does not. Yes I do realise that some things may (or may not) be fixed in updates but this just means the game is still a work in progress and not finished, (you don't buy a car with minus a wheel, or a house minus a toilet only to be told that these will be included sometime in the future). We payed full price (mostly) for the game, we should be getting the full, completed game, not the half finished thing we have now. This game is now a mockery of its former greatness.
    PD is giving us the finger (and laughing all while), I reckon in the future we return the favour, when we eventually move onto PS4 a switch to Project cars or something else may be called for, and give the finger back to PD with interest. Unless gt7 is better, (which is doubtful going on track record, and project cars looks to be pretty good), who knows, gt6 feels like a half finished beta for something bigger.
    But this is all we have right now, so I guess I'll just have to suck it up.
    Rant over,
    Cheers
  9. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Get rid of Kaz and all the other deadwood who seem to be stuck in the late 90's, bring in some fresh faces with new ideas to bring the game to 2014 and beyond.
  10. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Epic rant!! I completely understand though.
    I'm having fun with GT6, but as Darko says, it needs a bit of freshening up...and not the kind of stop gap measure that a few free cars or new tracks will provide.
    It seems PD have gone the same path as most others and sold a 'base' unit game with intentions to build it further. I'm ok with that, but not when it is at the cost of that bespoke feel you get from being able to do more with what you have.
    I'm all for the Vision GT concept, I think it is really cool to see this sort of thing. The Goodwood festival is a bit of tinsel really and the lunar missions, although hilarious, don't belong in a GT game.

GT7 will need to be an absolute ball tearer to keep people interested in the franchise. I've owned every GT title and have great faith in it...but that faith is starting to be questioned slightly with all of these glitches, glaring omissions and lack of creativity and imagination when it comes to the vehicle roster.

Still makes for good racing though :p
    KoAStR likes this.
  11. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I was getting so frustrated I seasonals, licenses due to the ghost lines being so damn distracting but then I remembered you could turn them off... Winning!
  12. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Just stay in front of them Rumbles.. won't bother you then haha
    leeboy910 likes this.
  13. Fertro

Fertro Rookie

PSN ID
    FunkadelicPony
    Anybody else having any issues downloading the 1.03 Update? I've not played for a bit, and now when going to download it, and it crashed my PS3. No big deal, I can still play offline, but its just a bit annoying not to be ale to do online.

EDIT: Oop, disregard. Apparently, you cancel the first notifications, go into the Seasonal Events screen and it will prompt you to download it there, and then it works. Huh.
  14. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    The other trick is to click the ok as soon as it appears on the download screen
  15. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Last weekend i joined several rooms that were running comfort soft tyres on road cars around the 550pp range.
    Took a little bit to change my braking points to keep myself on the track but once that was sorted the racing was fantastic.
    Is anyone interested in doing some races with this tyre configuration in slightly more powerful cars? Sure is fun.
  16. Crackf0x

Crackf0x Rookie

PSN ID
    deglaflage
    When racing on GT6, the track surround and sometimes the track fails to load as I drive around. In say a 30 lap stint, some laps are fine other laps half the track doesn't load and then next lap it will load again.
    Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and found a solution?
  17. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Do you mean something like this?

Does it happen to tracks stored on the hard drive (Red Bull Ring and Sierra)? If yes, try to rebuild the PS3's database or backup save files and reinstall the game. If not, it could be an issue with the disc or disc reader (try cleaning the lens).

Epic thread revival, BTW.
    Crackf0x likes this.
  18. Crackf0x

Crackf0x Rookie

PSN ID
    deglaflage
    yeah pretty similar, was happening on Silverstone last race. Everything disappears completely though. Can't see the track or anything at all. I'll give it a go and see what happens.