GT6 Season 1: TRACK LIST

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Here we are lads. Firstly thanks for all the feedback here in the forum, and in the testing rooms. The Subie is a great little car and suits all tracks. We are going with a traditional 7 rounds and there will be both a sprint and an enduro round. You will notice a few asterisks, and these are tracks that we are testing time of day settings, so be patient and we will confirm these shortly.

ROUND 1: (9/2/14 - Normal Round) Nurburgring GP F. 23 Laps. Racing Hard/Medium.
    ROUND 2: (16/2/14 - Sprint Round*) Apricot Hill. 2 x 15 Laps. Reverse Grid. Racing Medium.
    ROUND 3: (23/2/14 - Normal Round) Spa**. 19 Laps. Racing Hard/Medium.
    ROUND 4: (2/3/14 -Normal Round) Trial Mountain. 31 Laps. Racing Hard/Medium.
    ROUND 5: (9/3/14 - Normal Round) Motegi Road Track. 23 Laps. Racing Hard/Medium.
    ROUND 6: (16/3/14 - Normal Round) Silverstone Grand Prix. 21 Laps. Racing Hard/Medium.
    ROUND 7: (23/3/14 - Enduro Round) Bathurst**. 39 Laps. Racing Hard only. (Please PD fix the pit glitch before this.)

* The sprint round will have a 10 minute Qual before race 1 to set the grid. Race 2 will be a reverse grid based on finishing positions in race 1. There is no compulsory pit-stop.
    ** Time of Day tba.

Now, there is also a rather large white elephant in the room...the pit glitch!?!?! We have done our best to come up with a band-aid solution, but the hope is that this will be fixed before too long. In normal rounds, all driver's will run with Racing Hards for qualifying and the race start. This will be checked by the room Captain. There will be a compulsory pit-stop in the normal rounds, and you will have the option to choose Racing Mediums for your second stint. With the pit glitch, the Racing Mediums are about the same pace as Racing Hards, but degrade much quicker and your times will fall much faster - so do some practice and figure out where your pace and tyre wear is at before each round.

I understand people wanted weather, but with the latest update and the pit-glitch it's just a bridge to far for us to work it in this season. It'll come. Also there has been debate about F1 races. The only clash is on the 16/3 at Silverstone, the opening round of the F1 is that day. So back off the beers, unless you're going - oh yeah, that's me!!

Room settings are as per usual:
    ABS and TCS are the only aids allowed.
    Edge = Real Draft = Real Wear and Fuel = Fast Damage = None
    Boost = Off Penalties = Weak Start = False start check

Now, I understand not everyone will like every track, and there will be debate about the pit glitch and lap numbers etc. I will accept debate and suggestions, but if you want to post up some criticisms, please check the odometer of your BRZ first. Mine has over 2500 kays on the clock from testing, if yours has less then hold your tongue.

Season 1 is going to be our biggest and boldest season ever. The biggest threat to your enjoyment of this season is not drivers, cars, tracks or even Warrior - it's the network. Please read through this page: http://raceonoz.com/threads/lag-network-issue-help-solutions.848/ before your first race. All these little things help.

Finally, we have a meet and greet event this Sunday night the 2nd of February. Check you room, clear your cache and get on board. We will be running 5 lap races across the season tracks, and best of all you will get bonus tickets in the draw to win the end of season prizes. Who doesn't want to be in the draw for some Turtle Beach goodness, or Thrustmaster excellence??

"I learned to approach racing like a game of billiards. If you bash the ball too hard, you get nowhere. As you handle the cue properly, you drive with more finesse." - Juan Manuel Fangio
  2. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    highly approve of the track list
    midron18, Stumbles and SiK180_tR like this.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    It's a great list, I only disapprove of Motegi, but other than that I love all of the tracks! The Bathurst race is going to be epically long!
    It's shaping up to be the best* season ever!
    *if PD fixes the stupid tyre glitch that is ;)
    Cheers, Jono
    SiK180_tR and Stumbles like this.
  4. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Was really hoping to see Brands Hatch in there...oh well, at least Ascari isn't there haha
    Stumbles likes this.
  5. Capatown

Capatown Rookie

PSN ID
    capatowned
    Great stuff! :D
    Stumbles likes this.
  6. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Nice list.
    There's a few tracks I best start practising and I should probably brush up on my pitting strategies and working out how long my tyres last :)

Dave
    Stumbles likes this.
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    From what I've seen you and Hatfield will be the pace setters in Div 4
    Stumbles likes this.
  8. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Thanks for the kind words Emmo....but its one thing to get reasonable lap times and another to do the same thing with 11 other cars jostling for position around you....then throw in pit and tyre strategies.

I am looking forward to seeing how I go....if nothing else it will be a heap of fun :)
    emmo46, stucar17 and Stumbles like this.
  9. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Excellent work Anon & mod team! Many thanks for your efforts!
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Too bad I will be in Japan and miss the final 2 rounds :(
  11. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Just ran some laps at Nurburgring GP F and in Event Settings under Tyres i set it to Racing Medium, went on track did 10 laps starting on Racing Hards, pitted to change to Racing Mediums and guess what was'nt available in the the drop down menu Racing Mediums only Racing Hards.

Back to Event Settings under Tyres set to no limit, repeat the above and all tyres were available from the the drop down menu.

Is this happening for others or should we set tyres to no limit.
    Stumbles likes this.
  12. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Thanks for the heads up Darko, will check it out.
    Cheers
    Anon666 likes this.
  13. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Umm, hope its not a silly question, have you purchased the Race Medium tyres???.
    I just tested it, worked ok for me (on trial Mountain though, I'll go check Nurb.

Hmm, was a silly question, just realized you said they were available when you selected "NO LIMIT".
    Just tested on Nurb F, works for me there too???
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  14. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    ha mate as Annon said there is no silly questions hear
  15. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Race Medium tyres purchased, maybe just a glitch on my end will try again later on.
    Stumbles likes this.
  16. Jimmay

Jimmay New Recruit

PSN ID
    whisky_kilo
    What will the race settings be for other parameters like tyre wear, fuel usage and slip streaming. Will it just be left as the defaults?
  17. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Tyre wear & fuel usage set to Fast
    ABS and TCS are the only aids allowed.
    Edge = Real
    Draft = Real
    Damage = None
    Boost = Off
    Penalties = Weak
    Start = False start check
    Jimmay likes this.
  18. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Damage = None, is this correct or a typo
  19. BERNSY001

BERNSY001 Rookie

PSN ID
    BERNSY001
    I love how a threat to the racing is Warrior...cracked me up lol.

Awesome stuff guys, lets get cracking!
  20. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Im pretty sure its cosmetic damage off and actual damage at weak.