Division 6 season 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 13, 2014.

1. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    i"mm with with you Clevo lets flick stuff at the nerds up front suckholeing the teacher:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
    Clevohead likes this.
  2. Capatown

Capatown Rookie

PSN ID
    capatowned
    What time tonight was the meet and greet ?
  3. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    8.00 SYD time Cap
  4. Capatown

Capatown Rookie

PSN ID
    capatowned
    Awesome will be there :D
    Clevohead likes this.
  5. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Has everyone added me?

Rollcall, please confirm below:
  6. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Thanks to the following drivers who rocked up, and are now eligible for bonus tickets in the end of season prize draw:
    BJH
    Rumbles
    Captowned
    Bow2Zodd
    Farbs
    Butters
    Clevo

And Farbs check out these two threads I mentioned in the room to help remedy your connection issues (also note once mics are disabled that should help connection/lag stability):
    http://raceonoz.com/threads/network-lag-disconnection-remedies.293/
    http://raceonoz.com/threads/gt5-gtloz-lounge-settings-procedures.194/ (About GT5 lounge setup, but has a couple of tips bout resetting routers, and clearing cache, etc...)

And Rumbles your time @ Apricot Hill was NOT a glitch, you failed to pit during the race and incurred a 150sec penalty for infringements on race rules, I checked the replay, and ran another race where I failed to pit on purpose and got penalised too, so you may have RQ'd a bit hastily with out fully understanding what had happened.

So just keep your pit stops and tyre changes in mind during your races guys or GT6 may sting you too. ;)
  7. Capatown

Capatown Rookie

PSN ID
    capatowned
    Good stuff guys last night guys :)

Might have to invest in a headset...
    Clevohead likes this.
  8. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Cool, we generally transfer to a room with mics after the race, but with the new room setups I may be able to activate them after the race without having to transfer to a room. Will give it a try when I am online next ;)
  9. Tgti

Tgti New Recruit

PSN ID
    farbs33
    Was good fun guys. Will check those links out, see if I can fix those drop out issues.
    i might invest in one of those network over powerline thingymebobs. See if that helps
  10. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46

Tried it, once the mic's are off they are off.
    Clevohead likes this.
  11. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Ok cool Clevo thanks. TBH I had a couple under the belt knowing that it was only a meet and greet. But I also don't do well at AH. I dunno why, I just don't :(

Btw, it was a little dissapointing with the turn out on the meet-n-greet, hopefully nearly everyone (9 or10 at least) rocks up for Rd 1 :)

And re: mic's: yes, you do need to re-create the room just like in GT5. It is a setting you cannot change once the room is created.
    Clevohead likes this.
  12. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    ATTENTION ROOZ RACERS!!

After much debate, head scratching and even some inappropriate jelly wrestling between Stu and Cyber, we have come to a decision on tyres. We are sorry this is coming so close to season kick off, but it can't be helped.

Sadly for those of you who have been madly practising , we will be making a change, but only because the game has changed on us. The Racing Mediums have been scratched. The only tyre to be used in the "Normal" and "Enduro" rounds will be RACING HARDS. Also in these rounds there will be NO MANDATORY PIT STOP and tyre wear/fuel will be set to "Normal".

The "Sprint" round will remain with the Racing Mediums and tyre wear/fuel will be set to fast.

Other settings to note for ALL rounds:
    Penalties = Weak
    Visual Damage = Off
    Mechanical Damage = Weak

We will do more testing at Bathurst as that race draws near, but given the flow of updates it seem futile to look too far ahead. On the topic of updates, we hope that futher updates may fix these online issues. If, I mean, when PD fix these problems we will review the race set ups and try and get pit stops back into League racing asap.

Finally, we have all noticed the glitchy rubbish that goes with GT6's clever Qualifying feature. Until this settles down we will run the rooms like we did in GT5 - Practice, 10 minute Qual, then the Captain starts the race. Please look through the COC and check the Qual rules, but basically give yourself room, get off the racing line if you're not on a hot lap and show respect to your fellow racers. As with GT5, we ask that everyone sit quietly on or beside the track during the countdown. We got out of the habit in the last few seasons, but GT has never enjoyed dealing with controller inputs when loading.

Now, get out on the track and do some practice. 4 more sleeps!!!
  13. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Putting a call out to anyone interested in contributing to a weekly news report commenting on the events of the race. We will try to have at least 1 contributor per division, and I am looking for a breif wrap of the race with a couple of photos thrown in if possible. Previously we had some fairly in depth reports but this season with six divisions it would take all week to compile. I will keep an eye on the threads for anyone interested.

Cheers,
    Jamie
    Clevohead likes this.
  14. Capatown

Capatown Rookie

PSN ID
    capatowned
    I can probably throw up a brief race report. I'll give it a crack this week, just gotta remember to save the reply so I can grab some photos.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  15. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    What about - 'crash of the week'. that would make for some interesting viewing :)
    Clevohead likes this.
  16. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

17. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Can people please log in earlier to sort out possible issues? One thing that annoyed a lot of drivers in previous seasons was a start time being x.xx and having it pushed back to accommodate late comers, meaning the races always start later than they are supposed to.

If you cannot commit to the start times (which are generous, even as a Queenslander), don't sign up to race.
  18. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Great first race all. The race started interestingly, with bhp pulling out a quick 3 second lead on the first lap. Unfortunately, it wasn't long for him to have a little hiccup on the straight entry, which gave me the chance to push past (just) and put the foot down with warm tyres. From that point on, it was a case of keeping the foot down, not going off track or accelerating on ripples and the race was mine for the taking. I had a couple of 'moments' that could have cost me but I re-focused and ended up winning the race with a little over 40 seconds.

The battle mid-pack certainly looked interesting on the driver list with numerous changes throughout the race.

Great first round all, look forward to round 2, although it is Apricot Hill.
  19. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
  20. Capatown

Capatown Rookie

PSN ID
    capatowned
    Great first race guys, I'll try to get a report up by Wednesday :)