ROOZ NEWS Season 14 GT6 Round 2 Apricot Hill (Part 5)

Discussion in 'Archived News' started by Clevohead, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    [​IMG]

DIV 6 Race 1
    Well here we are in round 2 of season 1, and this round brings us to sunny Apricot Hill. After a slightly extended qual as both Capa, and Col got DSC'd during the initial qual time we awaited their return, and upon their entry into pit lane we initiated race 1.

The start was fairly uneventful with every one getting to a clean get away, but that was not to go on for long with Farbs coming unstuck during lap one between turns 3 and 4 with a little case of the "red mist".

[​IMG]
    Farbs trying his new patented "Drift-cross" overtake manoeuvre [it didn't work].

Early in the piece BJ set the pace managing to pull away from Clevohead at the average time of half to one second per lap, and Clevo wasn't without pressure either with the constant reminder of Capa breathing down his neck just waiting for Clevo to slip up like a an obnoxious Western Australian on My Kitchen Rules.

[​IMG]
    BJ leading, followed by Clevo, followed by Capatowned in 3rd

Meanwhile Alfa was thrown in the deep end with a blood thirsty Farbs all over his rear like a fat kid on a happy meal, Alfa made a valiant effort in thwarting Farbs' effort up until lap 5 when Farbs got hold of a draft and made the pass on the back straight.
    [​IMG]
    Farbs gaining what ultimately ended up being 3rd over newcomer Alfa.

Alfa may have been a bit shaken after his tussle with Farbs for several laps, or possibly a little fatigued coming into this series with no prior experience, fitness training, or conditioning, and came unstuck on Farbs' spot between turn 3 and 4 Lap 6 thus giving Colin 50 the window of opportunity to consume 4th position like a great white shark rounding up a bait ball.
    [​IMG]
    Da-Dum...Da-Dum...Da-Dum-Da-Dum-Da-Dum, Colin-50 smelling blood in the water as he stalks his prey for a respectable 4th place.

Capa and Bow2Zodd both had DSC's during lap 10 giving them 7th and 8th respectively.

The rest of the race was solid mistake free racing, with little to no position changes leading to BJ, Clevo, and Farbs with the podium, followed by Col and Alfa in 4th and 5th, and with a respectable and encouraging 6th for Vanna-Ros who after watching for some laps during the replays has some serious potential for improvement and the basic foundations for a competitive race car driver in our league, good effort Vanna and stick with it mate the speed will come.

RACE 2

Race 2 had the reverse grid of the previous race minus BJ, who had disappeared during the load screen.

The race had much more settled fell to it, with every one settling into a rythym especially seen in Vanna and Alfa, good work guys.

Capa went in aggressive and gained first place early in the piece, with Clevo caught behind Col and Alfa for approx 6 laps before he could make a move and break free, and with Capa making similar time to Clevo this would be their finishing order.

[​IMG] Starting grid race 2.

[​IMG]
    Alfa and Col duking it out once again just like the Bandit and Buford.T.Justice.

[​IMG]

Clevo working on passing Col, who was blocking harder than your daughter on a date.

[​IMG] Bow2Zodd and Vanna having an epic battle of a 'Blues Brothers' police chase scene proportions.

[​IMG] Vanna enjoying some time in front after Bow2Zodd had a couple of laps nearly as bad as The Dare Devil movie.

After the first few laps the field settled out fairly well, with a few little battles between Col & Alfa, and Zodd & Vanna.

Capa, Clevo, and Alfa rounded out the podium, while Col, Zodd, and Vanna, with Farbs' DSC on lap 3 made the rest of the field.
    That's all from me this week.
    "keep it shiny side up"
    Clevohead

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
    Tgti, JonoStan96 and Ad2mny like this.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Loving the similes lol
    Clevohead likes this.
  3. Tgti

Tgti New Recruit

PSN ID
    farbs33
    Awesome writeup!
    But can't see the photos
  4. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
  5. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    they are showing up on mine, any one else having the issue?
  6. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    No pictures for me, just a little image box??
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    no image for me either.....
  8. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Will look into it
  9. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Working fine for me
  10. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Nope, no pics for me either.
    If I try and open the image in a new tab...