Division 4 Season 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 6, 2014.

1. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    HeHe,at least i got something good out of that race!Talk about blowing it multiple times,LOL;),I'm 110% sure i blew a win.Anymore times up & down the leaderboard & my knickname would be Yo-Yo!:D:D:D Awesome battles along the way though,but the replay showed me i was way overdriving,possibly due to pressure,more likely cause i was bent as,LMFAO. See ya's on Sunday,i've got my pace worked out i think,so if i'm gonna make a move,i'd better get on with it.Look out DRZ,emmo & turbo,i'm coming!!!:p:p:p
  2. Fertro

Fertro Rookie

PSN ID
    FunkadelicPony
    Crap, sorry guys. Internet was down for tonight, and for some reason I couldn't post on the forum via my phone. It lets me now, but every time I pressed Post Reply, it would sign me out. Pfft, technology...
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  3. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Yep,i know what you mean,i've just about had enough of the bugs & glitches.Absolutely pathetic that you can pit & get fresh tyres & not be able to run down ppl on 18 lap old tyres! Get your :):):):)together PD
  4. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I saw you go into the pits Dek and wondered why. That damn pit glitch makes doing a pit stop pointless. The tyres are worse and don't last long at all before they go off and some (like you) have reported less power from the car after a pit stop.
    If I heard you correctly in the room you said on lap 18 your tyres were already on 7???
    Mine were on 7 on the last few laps.

It would be nice for PD to fix this in an update (very soon)...or Bathurst is going to be a nightmare!
  5. hr31gts

hr31gts New Recruit

PSN ID
    hr31gts
    [​IMG]

GG, I still suck!
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks HR,
    My race was tragic, qualified 5th and moved to 4th off the line and was challenging DRZ for third as we entered the 2nd tunnel, I touched him slightly and trying to keep off him I turned too sharp and oversteered into the inside wall to be last. From there I started to chase and moved from 11th to 10th and was just on the tail of the 6th through 9th battle when I oversteered into the pit wall. Back to last and then quickly picked off Castro to run 10th again. Slowly but surely I gained on people in front but never had to pass as they made mistakes and let me through. Had a great battle with Homebrew as we swapped places a couple of times and then I slowly pulled away from him and was closing on Doogle for 6th. Unfortunately touched the grass before the first tunnel and was back to 10th again. fought my way back to eight and was trying to get to Homebrew on the last lap and fell from 8th to 9th with a spin two corners from the flag. A very frustrating race. I think I threw away a fourth place and maybe even third as my late race pace on worn tyres was pretty good. Ah well, there's always next week.
    stucar17 likes this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Started second and had a good start. Was side by side with Dutch for a few corners before he got ahead and started pulling away. The gap kept increasing and then stayed steady at 7-9secs until the end. Then I realize I couldn't see turbo and he actually won the race. Well done!
  8. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Yeehar! A fantastic result for me, max points and the trifecta of pole, win and fastest lap.

I didn't feel all that confident coming into tonight, looking at a podium, but I thought there were some others who may have had more pace. In practice I was consistently managing low to mid 1.27's and the odd occasional 1.26. In pre quali practice I changed a few things like corner entry on the right hander after the first tunnel and also gear selection on a couple other corners and it worked a treat. I was able to pick up half a second quite easily, and managed a low 1.26 PB time. Quali started and all I had to do was match that and I could start the race up near the front somewhere. After a few laps I managed to squeeze out a 26.4 and the same again the next lap minus a few more hundredths. It was good enough for pole. Dutch was second followed by Hatfield (who unfortunately I couldn't see).

Got a good start and held the lead, controlled the pace up the hill as it is super scary on cold tyres. By the end of the first lap I was 2.2 seconds ahead. I argued with myself whether to push on to try and build a gap or drive a little more conservatively to save the right front tyre in case there was a challenge from behind later in the race. I decided to be conservative and drive a little back from the limit. The gap remained at the 2-2.5 second mark for a laps back to 2nd. It then started to grow bit by bit, lap by lap. I was trying to save the fronts but managed to somehow throw in some consecutive 1.26 laps when it felt i wasn't even trying (lifting in places i'd hold flat for speed). I ended up doing my fastest lap of 1.26.551 on lap 9!

Whilst it did get a bit lonely up front, I was certainly concentrating and managed to run a race with no mistakes whatsoever, all wheels remained on the black stuff. I was doing 1.27's for about 20 laps and only towards the end of the race I was doing 28's and 29's. I even managed a 28.1 on lap 29! The right front ended up about halfway worn on 5.

So happy with the result, well done to the rest of the podium and also to everyone who stuck it out the whole race!
  9. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I was a little disappointed with my performance last night. During practice earlier in the day and earlier in the week I was hitting the 27's with a low of a 27.1 so thought I'd hit a 27.x for quali but only managed a 28.x

I found myself in 4th chasing Hatfield and for quite a few laps we were rubber-banding (I'd catch him then he'd make a gap, then I'd catch up etc) until I pushed too hard coming out of turn 1 and the next thing I knew I was running along the grass heading straight for the wall on the right. I (thankfully) managed to get back on track quickly and as Dek passed by I tried to stick with him. A couple of laps went by and then Dek pulled into the pits which moved me up to 6th place and from that point forward it was a very lonely race. 5th place was well ahead of me and I could see Emmo's triangle on the map slowly catching me. A ripple strip caught me unaware at one point and I thought it was all over again but it somehow worked out and I kept pushing on. The last few laps I knew there was no way I was going to catch the guys in front of me and when I saw Emmo's triangle spin late in the race, the pressure was off so I took it relatively easy to cross the line.

Before my first spin I was feeling good and thought I could be fairly competitive this round - though I knew I'd never catch Turbo...but it wasn't to be. Finished mid-pack (again). Seems to be a recurring thing so I guess that at least indicates I am in the correct division and pretty safe to say I won't be moving up or down a division come next season, LOL. All in all, not too bad for my first season. I am feeling alot more comfortable driving with the wheel now so I don't have anymore excuses left to use. It's all down to my driving now :)

And well done again to Turbo. Thoroughly deserved win and way too strong. Get ready Div 3, I think you'll be battling Turbo soon!
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Having turbo win and get the fastest lap/pole with me third has closed the gap in points considerably. Also with turbo's speed, it looks like my extra missed round will kill me for the championship :( Still I have hope for Motegi ;)
  11. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Not a bad race but not as exciting as the previous rounds. Hadn't had any real time for practice apart from a handful of laps earlier on in the week and a 5 lapper race where i was struggling big time so i wasn't bringing much confidence into this round. During the prac session i soon hooked up at 26.7 which i was pretty happy with and also managed to find a lot of consistency around the low 27's. So qualy netted me second place with a LARGE :) gap down to turbo who was clearly the class of the field on the nite.

First lap DRZ was in touch with me and then I made a common mistake for me at the turn before the lake which allowed DRZ to come right on me for the fist couple of corners of the next lap. Managed to hold the lead from his pressure from behind ;) and started building a gap over the next 20 odd laps. I had no exact means of knowing how the gap to DRZ was growing but as turbo was pretty much extending his lead by a number of tenths each lap (most of the time) i gauged the distance along the back straight every lap to DRZ as also growing. So i felt pretty confident with my pace (which wasnt blindingly quick- probably quite average i reckon but enough so the position was safe) and set about being consistent. And i think i did a seasons best job for me here so i am pleased with that. Consecutive laps were often within 2-3 tenths of each other (the lack of a battle no doubt helped). Eventually the blue arrows of turbo and DRZ could not be seen along the back straight and i drove it out conservatively till the end. I believe DRZ closed the gap over the last coupe of laps but cant be sure by how much.
    Again, well done Turbo for a great performance to dominate the round.
    stucar17 likes this.
  12. SerenityInSpeed

SerenityInSpeed Rookie

PSN ID
    HazeOne68
    I enjoyed that one. Another relatively satisfying race for me. Managed to squeeze in to sixth on the grid with 1 sec remaining before the race start. My consistency seems to be getting better (don't want to talk too soon though). I'm still lacking ultimate race pace against the guys at the front of the grid, but it was a good challenge trying to catch Doogle. After he went off it was a pretty lonely affair.
    Looking forward to Motegi.
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hi guys,

Just some general info for our new racers and a refresher for our ROOZ regulars... !!

Just a reminder that we pride ourselves on trying to race as cleanly, and fairly as possible. We all know that sometimes things go pear shaped, and we expect it to happen from time to time. That said, there are still somethings that we all need to be aware of while racing in our series.

1. If you make contact with someone and push them offline, you cant take advantage to take the spot. You must redress and give the spot back. If you don't, that driver who has been disadvantaged by an unfair move, has the right to protest post race, and if the move is proven to be outside the rules, a drive through penalty WILL BE ENFORCED.

2. If you do have an incident and find yourself offtrack, you must watch for oncoming traffic before you rejoin the track. Again, if you rejoin, and cause an accident from not being aware there is the potential for a post race penalty.

3. At least 2 wheels MUST REMAIN ON AT LEAST THE RIPPLE STRIPS AT ALL TIMES. Any driver gaining obvious advantage from driving off track will recieve a post race penalty to be determined by the size of the advantage and the number of times the driver has gained an advantage.

For all other rules and regs please have a quick read here : http://raceonoz.com/threads/rules-regulations.70/

We certainly dont want to ruin the fun, and i have to say that the first 4 rounds have been fantastic with no protests (up till this point), but we still need to be very aware that our core goal is to give the cleanest, and fairest racing leagues that we can.

Cheers
    Mod team
  14. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Don't worry mate, I'm missing the last 2 rounds as well as I will be in the US for some monster truckin'. And with my disconnect from round 1, I'm effectively missing 3 rounds. I don't know what it is, but I just can't seem to get the flow of Motegi, so who knows what will happen!!
  15. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Thought I'd get in before anyone else noticed. Honest mistake, no pun intended!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I did not know you were missing 2 rounds also...that means I just have to finish high at motegi phew

Still very much anything could happen
  17. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I laughed way too hard at that lol
  18. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    My night started with struggling to even get connected. I had a massive hangover and really got the :):):):)s with my PS3. After heaps of mucking around and about 30 minutes, I finally got in so thanks to you guys for hanging in there waiting for me to join.

Qualifying was pretty rubbish for me and overall lap times were a little bit disappointing because practicing through the week online I was in the low to mid 27's.

Early on around lap 8/9 I was following Dek and who was behind hazeone. Dek spun and I went sailing past. I was actually looking forward to all 3 of us picking up the pace drafting etc. The gap between me and hazeone was just too much and lack of drafting meant it stayed like this for the rest of the race. It felt like every sector where i would make up a couple tenths I would then make a mistake and loose them pretty quickly. Overall consistency paid out for me comming 5th behind hazeone.
  19. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    You spun out in the worst possible spot lol. I think you were sideways just after the last high speed corner before the start line. From my POV I couldn't see a thing, came around that corner at high speed and by then you had straightened up but right in the driving line, but you were still flashing, half invisible etc, I had zero time to move hence running up your arse (for a split second I was hoping I'd drive right through you) instead I copped a penalty for contact and my car was stuffed. My form overall was poor though so either way my "application of pressure from the back" went exactly to plan heh. I'm actually surpised I made the race, my ps3 froze right before QF and by the time i got back in the race was just about to start.

Soooooo am I correct in thinking for Montegi the current top 8 drivers in championship points will be driving blindfolded with one arm tied behind their back? :)
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Ha you reminded me of a time I was at a birthday party in the city, and the venue had a project gotham demo setup on one of those things that holds the controllers for you. Well a mate and I had beer in one hand and controller sideways in the other, racing one handed. We had a fair few onlookers too