Division 3 Season 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 6, 2014.

1. BERNSY001

BERNSY001 Rookie

PSN ID
    BERNSY001
    Well guys, I'm ready, just did a few laps then and went abit quicker, looking forward to another round! :D
  2. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    How much ballast you adding??? lol
  3. BERNSY001

BERNSY001 Rookie

PSN ID
    BERNSY001
    Hahahahahaha I'll add all of it for some fun hey ;)
    Stumbles likes this.
  4. fearbs

fearbs New Recruit

!:can t make tonIght . soz.
  5. AERO_HDT

AERO_HDT New Recruit

Hi all, I'm not goin to be able to make ti tonight. I'm completely tishfaced and fnot fit to race. Will be on next weekend for sure!
  6. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Sorry to hear fearbs/aero. See ya next week.

Great to hear that Bernsy's gonna have 100kgs of ballast!
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
    BERNSY001 likes this.
  7. BennyBagems

BennyBagems New Recruit

PSN ID
    BennyBagems
    Good race tonight, I didn't have the speed to hold on to the leaders.
    Pretty uneventful race to 5th place for me, got lucky with Stumbles spinning and giving me 5th, then to have him spin into the pits while in my slip stream.
    Good battle with flood early on, but I could tell I was holding him up, I made a small mistake and he got by, another mistake and he was gone.
    Can't wait to see the replay, looks like the top 3 were having a great battle towards the end.
  8. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Ho Hum... :(
    Got pole again :), started well :cool:, then spun on exit of turn 2 :eek:... back to last o_O. Climbed back to 5th and started making mistakes again, let Benny past and then spun out on the astro-turf before the last chicane... straight into the pits with 2 laps to go.
    Serg was disconnected on lap 16 (his fastest lap 1:57.561), bad luck mate.

Pole time...
    [​IMG]

Fastest laps...

[​IMG]
    garyw61 likes this.
  9. BERNSY001

BERNSY001 Rookie

PSN ID
    BERNSY001
    Disappointed with 2nd, happy the championship lead is at 22 points. Cyas next week.
  10. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Not a lot of practice this week. Knew where I was going just wasn't sure of my braking points in the BRZ. 59.5xx qualifying lap put me 2nd last just ahead of S_CLOSE who'd had even less practice than me. Got a good start making up 2 spots straight away, then losing them again running wide exiting the first double right. Kept bumping into evil's rear end trying to find a way past (sorry) then started to calm down. My girlfriend looked at me funny when I called out "AWWWWW" in sympathy to Stumbles on lap 2. Got a bit sideways 2 turns before the short-track grid and S_CLOSE drove around the outside on the grass, but I somehow managed to outbrake around his outside at the tight right onto the short-track grid. Managed to hold Stumbles back till lap 6 as I tried to find a way forward. End of lap 3 hosie bumped evil into the final chicane making him run wide and spin, so I gained 2 spots there as hosie slowed to redress, then had a spin lap 9 at the right turn start of the short-track grid, S_CLOSE got past, then ran hot down the bottom of the hill before the last tunnel, hosie got past. Next lap ran hot at same spot this time had a little spin and evil was past. Last. Yo yo-ed up and down on evil but was never anywhere near close enough to even think about passing him, and another AWWWWW as S_CLOSE DSC'd lap 16. Passed Stumbles with 2 laps to go as he exited his pit garage, and I tell ya if he didn't run wide a couple of times on that first out lap he might have been past me again too. Oh well, onto the next round with more practice this time. Well done razor, BERNSY and Gary.
    Stumbles likes this.
  11. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Great race last night guys. First half I had a ding-dong battle with Bernsy. Made a couple of pretty bad late-braking passing attempts. Sorry about that Bernsy, and thanks for avoiding me when I did. I decided to pretty much tuck in behind his draft though, as all we were doing was helping Razor catch up to us.

Second half was pretty much a 3 way battle between Bernsy, Razor and myself, with Bernsy and Razor slipping away from me occasionally, then I would catch up while they were dicing.

Bad luck to S_Close for his disconnection, and geez, your luck has to turn around some time soon Stumbles! Well done for pole position. I reckon the top 4 runners must have been within .1 of a second.

I was disappointed to see some lag issues in the last few laps, but it sounded like other divs had similar problems at around the same time, so maybe it was PSN issues?
    BERNSY001, Ad2mny and Stumbles like this.
  12. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Although not the come back I was hoping for, was still nice to be back.
    Had absolutely no pace as had not raced in this track before (put a few laps a few nights before in Stu's lobby, but I was dreadful then only managing 2.02s lol) so qualified dead last with a 1.59.9 :oops:.
    Decided to follow up whoever was in front, taking advantage of the draft (and a few errors in the front).
    Slowly but surely started to improve and before I knew it, did a 57.5 which gave me hope to avoid getting caught by the guys behind and actually started to build a bit of a gap. But then... DSc from Gt server :(. Went to my room and there was my wife watching YouTube videos lol, she felt real bad about it.
    Well done to the podium, looks like you guys had fun.
    Next week may be a bit of the same because this is a another unknown track, but will be there in the medical car right in the back.
    garyw61 and Ad2mny like this.
  13. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Great race last night guys. Really good stuff.
    I qualified 2nd but was disappointed not to get pole as I went wide coming onto the front straight.
    I got a terrible start, dropping back to 4th after about 100m.
    A bit of Déjà Vu when Stumbles had a brilliant start from pole, but again spun on lap 2. Unlucky mate.
    About 3 seconds ahead of me, Gary and Bernsy were having a fast battle. For about 8 laps I was slowly crawling up to them, just pacing myself hoping for a mistake from one of them. I got within a car length and threw it away, going onto the grass at turn 5.
    Now about 4 seconds behind the two, I had to push to make up time. A few quick laps later, I was back within a second of the battling pair. I made an awesome double pass on the inside of turn 3 on lap 12. What a way to take the lead!
    Gary, Bernsy and I stayed together until the second last lap.
    I was leading the lap. I think they made a little contact going into turn one, as I was constantly checking my mirrors. Bernsy jumped ahead of Gary on the exit. Then something very strange happened...
    I looked behind me to see Bernsy driving ahead of Gary, then all of a sudden, the white BRZ of Bernsy completely lagged and disappeared from in front of Gary and reappeared behind him, with a huge smoke cloud forming.
    From that incident I pushed to a 2 second gap and continued to increase the gap. Both the red and white cars of Gary and Bernsy were driving very hard.
    Across the line in 1st position with a 5 second difference from a fighting Bernsy in second and Gary in third.
    Thankyou for a very entertaining race guys and congrats.
    I didn't think I would have any pace in the race but I somehow found it.
    Looking forward to the next race at Silverstone!
    JonoStan96, garyw61 and Ad2mny like this.
  14. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I've come to the conclusion that I suck under pressure. I even said to myself at the start of the race (after claiming pole), "it's 23 laps, you don't have to lead all of them". Pushed too hard as Bernsy tried to go under me at turns 1+2 on lap 2, got half a car on the exit ripple strip and my night was done.
    garyw61 likes this.
  15. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Forget to mention about Bernsy's finish. He drove it as hard as he could through those last 2 corners, without once threatening to hit me, and we went across the line virtually side by side. Was great stuff, and very well driven sir!
    BERNSY001, carn_the_pies and S_CLOSE like this.
  16. BERNSY001

BERNSY001 Rookie

PSN ID
    BERNSY001
    Thank you Gary, don't forget about yourself, you can't have a close side by side battle for 4 corners or so without two great drivers, it must have been just as tough on the tighter line through the double left. I was very angry after being sent behind you twice from what appeared to be PSN problems, so I wanted second place, clean and fair of course.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    garyw61 likes this.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  18. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    A very uneventful race for me at Motegi, but I'm happy with a 4th place; it's much better than I was expecting given my inexperience on this track.

Qualified 5th but got shuffled down to 7th or 8th after the first lap being very cautious on cold tires.
    Made up a place after Stumbles had his usual lap 2 incident :) haha sorry mate. I had to have a chuckle seeing you do an instant replay of last week.

In 4th and 5th Benny and I broke away from the pack behind headed by Evilmoon.
    I followed close behind Benny for 6 or 7 laps, all the while watching as Stumbles made is way back through the pack.
    Eventually Stumbles came back to 6th with his superior pace, and while we had a gap on him, I knew it wouldn't be long until he caught up.

I needed to get past Benny asap, I felt I could go a little quicker than we were going. I made one or two half-assed moves that didn't stick, that was until the end of lap 7 where Benny got a little out of shape coming onto the main straight. This gave me a chance to get a run alongside him and take 4th place into turn 1.

From here I was able to pull a small gap on Benny and Stumbles. I was hoping that Benny could hold Stumbles up a bit but on the map it looked as though he got past pretty quick. Damn, he's going to get me!..

But he never did...
    Stumbles was having his own problems and never really got within name-visible distance.

Razor, Bernsey and Gary were having a massive tussle ahead; I was 10s behind. I thought I might have been able to catch up while they raced each other. But they were the clear leaders this week. Even while racing they were going just as fast as me.
    The gap got down to as low as 7.5s but I couldn't make an impression on them.

I drove 15 laps on my own. But they were clean laps and I brought home some good points with no major incidents, so pretty happy overall.
  19. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I did just get to see your name come up above your car, but you were driving a consistent pace Flood, well done.
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Previous table had some discrepancies. Update here:
    [​IMG]