Division 4 Season 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 6, 2014.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Great race tonight, held onto leaders for a while until a little wobble dropped me from foutyh. Had race long duel with HR and he had me beat until the last corner when he graciously slid off track to hand me fourth, thanks. Bit like last week when I gave you 8th, only you are more generous.;)
    I had a pretty clean run but the leaders were too fast, I can't win the championship from where I am, GTP could still overhaul Hatties points over the 2 rounds that Hattie will be missing though, but he needs to win both races.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  2. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Good one Emmo.
    I kept seeing you and HR behind me on the map and had to continually push myself to keep decent laps going as I knew you guys would catch me easy if I didn't.
    After the first few laps where we had a bit of a battle, the remainder of the race was very lonely for me. I had a reasonable gap between you guys and myself but I was quite a distance from Dutch and Hatfield. In the first half of the race i kept pushing in the hope the leaders would make an error battling amongst themselves but it became clear that this was unlikely, so I pretty much went into time trial mode and just kept trying to hit my markers at each turn - and as a result i hit very consistent lap times.

Finally I've managed a podium finish :)

I am really enjoying this Sunday league. Looking forward to season 2 already...
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  3. hr31gts

hr31gts New Recruit

PSN ID
    hr31gts
    My best race of the season so far. That was with no practice on this track too .
    Had a very long battle with Emmo. Every time I gained enough to look at passing him, I'd back off in fear of knocking us both off the track. I finally got myself in a good position and passed fairly safely after a few little bit out there attempts. Gained a good 5 - 6 seconds and looked to be pulling in Doggle but screwed up the last corner and gave my position back to emmo.
    GG all Silverstone will be bad for me, I'll be struggling to hold last position!
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  4. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    So bummed about the race last night. After being disconnected right before the race it meant I started of in 9th position. I clawed back to 5th by the 6th or 7th lap and felt I was catching on hr31. I was in his slipstream down to the back straight when I got disconnected again.. owell on to next week!!!
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  5. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    :D:DThanks for the get well wishes,i'm only a tiny bit better today,but at least i'm actually hungry,it makes it much easier to eat,easier than trying unsuccessfully to force chicken soup down,knowing it's coming back up in a few minutes,but you perservere as it's something to throw up,not thin air! LOL:oops:
    Congratulations to the podium,especially to Dave on his 1st podium!:D
    So now the question i ask is,"who's gonna pay the most so i don't mess up their championship?" Dutch?Hattie?Turbo? LOL,;)but seriously:p, just so all at the top can feel good :cool:while missing the last 2 races,I WILL NOT :rolleyes::rolleyes:give up any positions on purpose to help or hinder one person or the other,i'm out to win races now the championship is completely out of reach!:(;):):D:p
    Molch likes this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Qualified well for third. Had a great start and was battling with Dutch from the get go. He was right behind me for most of the race until he had a lose and then it was smooth sailing.
    SuiCid3, Molch and DekGT5mad like this.
  7. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Top Stuff Hattie,The lapchart especially is excellent!
  8. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Photos from Round 5 at Motegi:

Starting Grid
    [​IMG]

The field exiting turn 01
    [​IMG]

Emmo moves past Doogle to take 3rd
    [​IMG]

Molch & Homebrew battle mid-pack
    [​IMG]

Dutch & Hatfield battle up front
    [​IMG]

Emmo, Doogle & HR pushing each other hard...
    [​IMG]

Castro goes too wide
    [​IMG]

Doogle reclaims 3rd...
    [​IMG]

Emmo hits the sand, D'oh!
    [​IMG]

HR hits the wall
    [​IMG]

The Ripple strip bites HR hard...
    [​IMG]

...and Emmo says thank you!
    [​IMG]

Look out Emmo, HR is back!
    [​IMG]

Hatfield and Dutch still going strong out front
    [​IMG]

HR makes his move...
    [​IMG]

Hatfield takes the win...
    [​IMG]

Last lap and last turn, HR drops the ball - oh, no!!!
    [​IMG]
    hr31gts, SuiCid3 and DekGT5mad like this.
  9. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Well done Dave:cool:,why don't you do a brief description/report on the race for ROOZ news. Talk to Ad2mny,he'll give you access to the workpage,then it's a surprise for all when they read it.
    Oh and here you go Dave, "Smarter,Cheaper,Winner":p
  10. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    Will be an interesting last few rounds with our front runners mostly out .. can't wait :)
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    HAHA I thought moving close to the flag would make a good pic :D
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I think I have it in the bag because of the dropped round
  13. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Don't Count your chickens..........LOL;)
  14. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    That's getting a bit cheeky! lol:rolleyes::oops::p:D:cool:
  15. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Thanks Dek, but I think Hatfield was going to do the news for Div 4.

However if Hatfield does not want to do it I'm happy to give it a go....

EDIT:
    I just looked at the news section and saw the news write-up by Hatfield - loving it!

Hatfield, perhaps for future rounds I can send you a link to the gallery/photos I've taken and you can post them up in your news write up....instead of me posting them up here in this thread?
    Are you happy for me to do this?? :)
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  16. Fertro

Fertro Rookie

PSN ID
    FunkadelicPony
    Not sure what happened with me, exactly. I was kicked to the lobby for no reason. I didn't disconnect or anything, just was kicked to the lobby.
  17. SerenityInSpeed

SerenityInSpeed Rookie

PSN ID
    HazeOne68
    You didn't have to do that mate. Cheers. Much appreciated. :)
  18. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Are you using Mobile Broadband or ADSL/ADSL2+? That sounds like what happens when MBB shifts from one band to the other
  19. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Pretty fun race last nite even though i only saw one light green car the whole race, well most of the race anyway... Got pole position with a pb of 57.4 and got away into the first corner well to keep the lead. But the plan pf pulling away never happened and DRZ was on me and quickly took the lead. We then kept close quarters for for the next 14 laps with me never more than half a second behind and looking for a way past but wasnt able to make a good move. It seems i was better at some corners and DRZ was better at others and never got in a position to pass easily. A few taps here and there meant i was close but didnt have the skill to make it stick. Eventually made a pass at the back straight but DRZ wasnt gonna let me have it for long and i was back to staring at his rear wing again. It was almost a race long battle but unfortunately i binned it at Turn 2 and the quick sand cost me quite some time, then binned it again (twice) at the last corner to finish quite some distance back (that sand is a mother!!). Credit to DRZ for making it hard to pass and not making any mistakes with me so close behind. It is a shame DRZ wont be around for next round but i hear i have to win the next races to be champ so i will be giving it my best shot, but DRZ feel free to claim it already! ;) And well done Dave on your podium :)
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  20. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Actually, by my calculations (and I have been known to get it wrong!!), Dutch can still overtake you, but he needs to win.

I think you should finish with 110 points and no loss due to drop round.

After getting 18 for second and 1 for pole last round, Dutch is now on 74, and if he wins both remaining races, that takes him to 124 minus his worst of 5th (10 points), leaves him on 114 and champion. If Dutchy finishes second in one of those races, he must get pole and fastest lap points in both races to finish on 111 and take the trophy.

Definately possible!
    emmo46 likes this.