Division 2 Season 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 6, 2014.

1. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Just looked at the replay Stu and it must have been me that lag punted you from side on into the wall. was a good 4-5 meters away, obviously not enough. Sorry.:(
    Apologies to Fire as well, I thought you had just gotten loose coming out of that corner bud, but no, it was another lag hit.:(
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    First of all, I must send a massive apologies to tb for my lag induced incident, it ruined your race and waiting for you was the only thing I felt I should have done.

Nevertheless, I was pleased to take pole position, and get away for the first 2 corners at least. I was pissed to run wide at turn 3, and then came the mother of all punts.

So just like Trial Mountain, dead last on lap 1.
    I didn't really want to crash anyone off, so I was cautious in my battles with tb and Stu. I got lucky when Joe, scotty,
    F1R3 and natman all made costly errors.

I had no clue that Frzn was ahead of Stu and I, apparently I overtook him into turn 1 on lap 19, and won ahead of Joe by 7 seconds. I felt for Stu, who was lag punted at the start line by tb, and ran flawlessly apart from the final lap!

I'm pretty stoked to have so much pace at a track I hate with a passion, but I guess that's motor racing.

I'm going to be slaughtered with homework and assignments in the next few days, so I'll need to be swift with the news report or hold off on it for now. Still keen for photos though!

Cheers, Jono
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    Ad2mny likes this.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well, that was interesting......more on that later.....

well done stig, joe and frzn for the podium.

1. stig 1:56:359 (pole & FL)
    2. Joe 1:56:790
    3. Frzn 1:57:302
    4. Stu 1:56:563
    5. TB 1:57:230
    6. Natman 1:57:009
    7. Scotty 1:57:600
    8. Firewind 1:57:334
    DNS : Sparklehead, CJ, COB, Sik180

Qualified 3rd behind N64 and Frzn after getting just 1 hotlap after getting lagged by someone out of know where !! Like a ghost car flying round the track at about 4 million miles an hour lol. Joe asked me if i had been hit by someone, after he had, i said no (thinking he was going a little mad :p) then bugger me half a lap later i got nailed.......oh well, 3rd on the grid, it could be worse !

Lights went green, got a crap start (jump penalty) was in fourth, hit the braking zone, then whammmmmmm, TBs lag had a case of the tourette's and decided to let rip into my drivers door, sending me off into the pit wall, face first at about 300 klms. Its the most ive seen under the BRZ.......ever !

So was dead last, about 10 secs behind. Then i saw TB and 64 parked up exchanging details, so went past them, then i think it was a case of everyone falling off the road in front of me till i hit 2nd, with 64 looming up with about 10 to go. I defended for a few laps as its easier with the lag when your in front, but he got a run on the back straight, so again i just tried to stay close, without getting nailed, as we reeled in frzn who was about 3 secs up the road.

I think with about 3 laps to go frzn had a moment onto the front straight so i managed to get past for second, and joe was now in the mix. I held them both off till the last lap, when i managed to run out of talent in the fast left / right just before the hairpin, spinning and throwing 6 points away in the process........AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH o_Oo_O:mad::confused::mad::confused::eek::( :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Anyway, these things happen. Stig, good drive mate, shame you couldnt see frzn, again might have been a different story but if you cant see him you dont know where he is !

Joe, GREAT DRIVE, so glad i ran some laps with you this arvo NOT !!!!!

And Frzn, another good battle mate.......Scotty & nat, not sure what happened to you guys, fast but just not your night.....although i do remember seeing Natman licking the front windscreen on about lap 15 after getting the final chicane wrong. Gotta get a full face helmet mate :p

On to silverstone, hope the other boys show next week, strange for them to miss without saying something, but will see what happens.
    Stu
    Ad2mny likes this.
  4. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    I like the flow of motegi, but it's only when you're travelling at racing speed and trying to put in a good time that the corners start to show their fangs. Best time I managed in practice was a 1:56.6 (just before the race). Many people had put in faster lap times than me during the week and I thought I was doomed, me being inconsistent and slow! To my surprise I found myself second on the grid, though I felt Stu could've easily beaten my 1:56.7.

Got a rubbish start, let off the brake too early and copped a quarter of a second penalty. Managed to gain a little on 64 in the first corner and then passed him when he went wide through the next. I was desperately trying to keep my times within the 57s to no avail. I basically had this race in the bag when both scotty and nat had moments of their own, but no typical inconsistent me sliding all over the shop like the track was made of ice. Sorry scotty if I blocked you on lap 5 at turn 10.

I managed a couple of laps in reasonable time, but those laps turned out to be too few to make any impact on anyone behind me. With each lap I was slowly being reeled in with my constant mistakes and good pace from those behind. On lap 19 64 barged past. Cue me in fits of rage making further mistakes. I then threw away second and third with a stupid mistake at the last corner. Stu made me feel a little better when he had a moment out of turn 8 and went onto the grass. I was hoping for another thrilling race this week, coming off a fantastic one at trial mountain, but in the end it left me fuming. Oh well, on to Silverstone.

On an unrelated note, I'm going to be starting up my own business. It is a throw away service, and I do all the work for you! Free of charge! How good is that! Please don't hesitate to dial 555-SCAM when it most convenient for you and I will arrive with the skip to throw away your unwanted points and goods.
  5. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Don't worry about it mate, I never had the pace or consistency to put up much of a fight. Thus why I let most people through unopposed. Fire wind copped a lag punt from tb, but I manged to hit him hard enough to keep him in with a fighting chance... But put me 30 or so sec behind the leader so I did some skids.

My head wasn't in it tonight...After finding the roof above my mancave has been leaking, and finding my ceiling in lots of little pieces all over my bar and workshop floor, A stiff drink or two were in order. At least the ceiling above the race car is ok.
  6. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Wow what a turn of events!
    Honestly was considering pulling out of the rest of the season because i was stinking up the joint - just could not get the car to work and Motegi appeared to be no different in all of my weeks practicing.
    So sunday morning i find Stu & Gary dropping some laps..a couple of 5lap races later and i have found the keys to the kingdom!
    In the race room getting ready to quali and i bust out my fastest time ever 1,56.2xx - where did that come from!! - so now i have visions of
    sweeping all before me lol. Quali proves to be disappointing and i'm pretty much last (nothing new).
    Stu gets smashed to the fence without reaching the first corner (i would have rage quit myself but you are made of stonger stuff)
    Need to watch the replay but it was fun just staying with the pack - one by one they kind of let me thru. i did have to dive in on Frz on lap22 but he let me go without clashing - thanks for that.
    Was just catching up to Stu on the last lap and was surprised to see him take a very different line thru the fast S's and then powered off into the grass and spin - gutted! (well just a little).
    Jono proved to fast yet again - good drive from last to first.
    So all is well with the world today. :)
    Anon666, JonoStan96 and stucar17 like this.
  7. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    sorry boys, had to much beer and sun yesterday, time just got away from me... will see you on track next week hopefully
  8. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

dam lag not ur fault t b but yeah ur connection has tourette's man. i had a few good laps with different people as they slowly caught up and overtook me. cant race anywhere near tb to dangerous i didnt know the track so i didnt expect much i just wanted a good race but i made to many mistakes witch sent me slowly down the feild. o well next time i mite get a clean race....stupid buggy crap...
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hearing your pain Firewind.....

I watched the replay last night to see what happened to different people the lag from both TB and N64 was quite bad. TB especially, was fitting all over the place, a few of the guys got nailed, myself included.

It was interesting that there were a lot of issues last night in a lot of the rooms, so for us, where we have more issues than most, i suppose it was always going to affect us more than many....Fingers crossed the supposed update fixes more than it solves.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  11. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Sorry I wasn't on last night guys had a bit of a mishap and nearly took all the skin off the knuckle of my right index finger, so much blood you'd think I'd hit an artery. Suffice to say I couldn't touch any thing without covering it in blood, wasn't happy about missing this round because I really suck at silverstone, but it sounds like I missed a bit more lag shenanigans at any rate (sigh)
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I think, by my calculations (with Hatfield's awesome graph), I only need an 8th place to wrap up the championship if tb scores maximum points.
    BTW Cob, how long do you think it'll take to heal? Sounds painful :eek:
  13. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    I'm away for Silverstone mate, so by my calculations, you've got it all wrapped up. Most I can get out of the season with a max haul at bathurst is 97 points. Not enough. Not sure if anyone else can catch you either.

Please correct me if I'm wrong anyone.
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    It's impossible for anyone else to catch up, so yeah I've won the championship.

WOOOOOOOOOO FCK YEAAAAAAH!!!!!!
    image.jpg
    WAC and carn_the_pies like this.
  15. OverDrivve

OverDrivve Rookie

PSN ID
    OverDrivve
    hey guys monday was a public holiday in vic, so I got a bit pissy sunday night and at about 9:30 it was "oh :):):):), GT league tonight" aha, sorry for the lack of notice.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    no worries overdrivve, all good, hope to catch you this week at silverstone.
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Got some more photos coming, honestly the bland lighting of the track prevented them from looking so much better. This is why dynamic time can make photos look supreme. Any chance we can implement Sik's time frames for the final 2 rounds? Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_1.jpg Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_2.jpg Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_3.jpg Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_4.jpg Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_5.jpg Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_6.jpg Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_7.jpg Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_8.jpg Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_9.jpg Twin Ring Motegi Road Course_10.jpg
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID