Division 3 Season 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Well, happy to say the ripple strips at Silverstone are much nicer than any other track we've been on so far.
    Just did a full race distance and got my fastest lap on lap 17, tyres don't degrade too much... And I made it around the entire 21 laps without spinning out... lol. See what happens when people around me :oops:
  2. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I hadn't been on Silverstone for ages and had a short stint to refresh my memory yesterday.
    You are right that the ripple strips aren't as savage as some but it seems an easy circuit to wash off more speed than necessary through the turns - something I'm still trying to "finesse" LOL

Hoping to get some more practice in during the week but I managed a few 2.10's after getting my head around the track layout again - but have no idea how well that fares...

What was your fastest lap Stumbles (if you don't mind me asking)?
  3. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    hehe, I could tell you, but then I'd have to hunt you down. Safe to say, you're not too far off my pace. (Sorry, don't wanna give my game away too much, hard enough for me to stay on the track let alone be competitive with Bernsy, Gary and Razor kicking my ar$e every week).

One thing I will say, the penalties are very weak here too, I will reviewing the replay after the race (over a couple of days), anyone caught cutting curbs too much will be penalised as per the racing guidelines... Hmm can't find it. Will discuss out the back and report back, from memory, it was a 10 second penalty added to race time for every indiscretion (allowing a couple for poor judgement or wrong line). Any patterne to curb cutting will be dealt with post race.
  4. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    That's cool Stumbles, at least I'm not too far off so that's encouraging :)
    I know there's more pace there, I just have to find it...
    And good note about the curb-cutting. perhaps each division captain (or a Mod) can mention this before the race so everyone is well aware and cannot try to complain afterwards when they get stung with a penalty (though I guess we should all know the rules by now), but it might be a nice reminder - especially for the newbies in the lower divisions.
    Anon666 and Stumbles like this.
  5. BERNSY001

BERNSY001 Rookie

PSN ID
    BERNSY001
    Hey hey Stumbles, we weren't whooping your ass at Motegi till you choked again! Agreed on the curbs, some can be cut quite severely (I've tested the limits ;) ) HOWEVER luckily for someone else, I am a 50/50 chance at making the race this week as I may not make it in time coming home from the GP. If I miss it, this'll be the round I drop and lose minimal points thank god (can you tell I am stressing?). I will keep you guys updated as we get closer to room open time, if I do make it, I will most likely miss qualifying and start from the back, but I will have my rig setup and GT6 loaded before I leave Sunday morning (electricity hog right here) to be ready to jump in if time permits. I'm praying I make it!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I'm getting closer Stumbles. I just had another short stint and managed a PB of 2.08.7xx and hit solid 2.09's to low 2.10's.
    Still not hitting the turns perfectly so I know there's alot more time to get rid of (the question is how much can I get rid of) :)

I don't wanna know what the Div 1 guys are hitting.... :(
  7. zampli

zampli Team Driver

I hit a 7.3 mint and cyber were in 7s as well.
    Going to actually practice this week, haven't driven in a while this thing is on rails.
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Just a general reminder to all drivers regarding corner cutting for this round..

The Silverstone circuit has a noticeable number of corners where you can get away with cutting, and a potential to gain an advantage.

Any drivers who "continually" or "intentionally" cut corners to gain advantage will be handed a post race penalty.

For a brief rundown of the penalties for different offenses please look at the link below, and check out the third post down where it highlights the penalty for certain offenses.

http://raceonoz.com/threads/rules-regulations.70/#post-4416

We will be looking closely at this round, especially fastest laps and positions gained.

Cheers
    mod team
  9. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Does everybody want the time progression off (set to 1) for tomorrow's race, or left at the standard of 3?
  10. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Can leave it at 3 I think, doesn't get very dark.
  11. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    What's the regular race starting time?
  12. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    8:30 eastern time.
  13. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Do you mean in game track time?
  14. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Yeah the in game track time. Haha I didn't really make that clear enough sorry
  15. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Ahh, oops...lol
    I think the default time is 10am??? I was wrong, see below. Thanks Gary
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  16. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
  17. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Sorry, I should point out that the reason I asked is that I believe that it will get dark before the end of the race. Can change the start time to 10am if you like?
  18. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Hi Guys, won't be on tonight but will definitely race at Bathurst. Good luck tonight.
  19. AERO_HDT

AERO_HDT New Recruit

Hi guys, will be off at a party tonight and unable to make the race. Have fun! Shake the championship up a bit!
  20. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Another disappointing night, had some great racing with Andrew in the middle, but I ran out of skill on lap 15 and ran wide, then spun coming out of Maggots or Beckitts (out of the esses...lol) and that was that. Luckily, Ad2Mny and Moon were battling each other and had dropped back a bit so brought it home in 5th.

Fastest Laps pending review of replay to check if any cutting was occurring... Stay tuned.
    Pole Position went to Razor.

[​IMG]
    garyw61 likes this.