Division 5 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Yeah first time in ages my connection is a bit hit and miss atm.
    Had a few downpours today and the Tesltra pit out front has something to say about that.
    We'll see how I go.
  2. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Yeah cleaned the cache. I'll reset modem/ps3...
    It's coming up as,
    "Entry was refused due to network incompatibility with room owner. [735]"
    :confused:
  3. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Sorry guys. I think im out. Cant find the room
  4. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Sure man? Sometimes the room takes a little while to appear
    We are happy to wait a little
  5. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    Just rebotin and tryin.now
  6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
  7. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Heat 1:
    upload_2014-6-1_23-1-16.png

Heat 2:
    upload_2014-6-1_23-2-5.png

Not sure how Pole/FL is calculated so haven't added those in yet.
    Edit: Updated points to reflect proper scoring, was using wrong calculations in the last table.
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Good try on the lap-by-lap chart.
    If you right click the chart and select data you can delete the empty driver slots and lap slots.
    Also if you double click the position numbers you can set a fixed maximum of the total number of drivers.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  9. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Haha, thought I'd give it a go. :D
    Thanks for the spreadsheet :)

Edit: Cleaned it up.
    Bloody hell Hatfield! Didn't know you could do all that in excel! That's a crazy ass excel document!
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  10. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    My race report:
    I was hoping to be able to give BJ a bit of a challenge and try and steal pole off him, but even with all that practice, I couldn't break into the 12's.
    First heat I started 3rd on the grid. Got an awesome run off the line and was riding BJ's bumper down the straight but broke early to avoid the usual first corner dramas, which let Castro back in front. I sat on Castro's tail for the next lap and a half trying to find a way past and eventually got a run on him on lap 2, turn 3. Just as we were exiting turn 4, I gave him a hard enough tap to unsettle his Macca and send him into a spin which sent him back to 6th place. Wait for what felt like an eternity to redress and that was almost the end of my race.
    Another few spins over the next few laps saw me drop to last.
    Shook off whatever nerves were ruining my race and started putting him some solid lap times to catch everyone again.
    I managed to work myself up into 5th on lap 6 when mmm_homebrew and revhead_1000 both ran wide into turn 5. Over the next 10 laps I clawed my way back onto the rear of the three guys battling for 2nd, copperj32, VARDZ31 and CastrosfriendChe.
    On lap 15 (or maybe it was 14) I was able to dive on the inside of Castro coming into the second last corner, but ran out of talent and ended up in the sand and ended any hopes of a podium finish.

Heat 2 was a little better. Started 3rd on the grid again and managed another great start, albeit a bit of bumping and grinding as I was getting squeezed on both sides on the way to turn 1, this allowed VARDZ31 and Castro to jump ahead. Fortunately for me, on lap 2, they both ran too deep into turn 5 and gifted me the lead.
    With BJ hot on my heels, we slowly pulled out a gap, with copperj32 finding the pace to not let us too far ahead.
    With little mistakes every now and then coming from both sides, the gap between me and BJ stayed fairly flat around the 2 second mark.
    Then with about 6 or 7 laps left, the second last corner caught itself another victim. This time it was Bruce and it wasn't as kind to him sending him into a spin and losing precious seconds.
    From there on it was just keeping the Macca on the road and off the kerbs.

Great racing everyone.
    Well done to all those that made it on the podium tonight.
    Well done to everyone for keeping it clean and showing up every week.
    :)
    CJC Racing, bjh1012 and Peter Wise like this.
  11. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    Race 1
    Had a bad qualy. I was trying to get a good lap in with about a minute to go and I got booted from the room . Managed to get back in (Thanks for waiting guys) and started at the back of the grid. Got a good start off the line and was in 4th by the end of the first lap. Into the 2nd lap castro and ranok got tangled up and I shot though to P2. Kept a steady pace and no errors until I put a wheel in the dirt at turn 8 and shot across the track into the opposite barrier. With Vardz not far behind he snatched 2nd and bolted. I got back on the track in 3rd and took off in pursuit. On lap 14 I got a good run out of the last corner onto the main straight and managed to slipstream past vardz into the first corner. I managed to hold vardz off for a couple of laps until on lap 15 we both went a bit deep (not sure which corner) and castro took the opportunity and powered through to take P2. I managed to get back on the track in front of vardz and held him off to take 3rd.

Race 2
    Got another good start from P5 other that a slight bump with bj (sorry about that) and managed to stay clear of any incidents into the first turn. Vardz and castro grabbed 1st and 2nd with ranok 3rd and a great start from bj moving him from 7th to 4th. Second lap in vardz and castro ran deep allowing ranok into 1st with bj close behind and gifting me 3rd position. I managed to keep a 6 second gap with ranok and bj for a few laps but mucked up a few braking points and the gap just got bigger. Vardz seemed to be catching me slowly but he must off had a moment somewhere as he had disappeared from my rear view mirror. Bj had of had a moment late in the race as I came around the 2nd last turn and he was just getting under way again but he was way too quick for me to catch so I settled in for a 3rd place finish.
    It was good clean racing from everyone and congrats to all that made it on the podium.
    bjh1012 and SuiCid3 like this.
  12. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Qully got out on track behind VARD's and could not get passed with cold tyers so sat back for 3/4 of a lap
    and put a couple of fast laps together (my fast lol not lower dive fast) mange to just grab pole
    Race 1 got of to a good start with SuiCid just behind me and then he fell back in to the pack got a 30/40 sec?
    lead run my self wide in to the sand on the last corner Crstro got a bit close bit i could pull away if need be
    have not watched replay yet so times and gape's my change
    Race 2 did not go as good started last got a good start but got the door closed on me so backed of in to first corner
    all bit SuiCid run to deep or in to the sand SuiCid and i where noise to tail for a number of laps with Coupper just
    wattling for a mistake from one of us so i put my hand up and spun man it takes a long time to get going when
    Coupper is closing in for the kill i mange to get it pointing the right way and made it a very wide car till my tyers
    cleaned up by this time SuiCid was gone and so were my tyers good racing guys nice and clean
    Cheers
    BJ
    JonoStan96, Peter Wise and SuiCid3 like this.
  13. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    It was another awesome battle with you Bruce in the 2nd round.
    Every time you have clean air, you always just manage to pull away.
    My plan was to stay in front of you and make my ass as wide as possible which luckily for me, worked perfectly :)
    Peter Wise and bjh1012 like this.
  14. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Yea good race mate hard place to pass and could not use my brake marks or lines and did not want to take us out
    but no excuses you where better then me well done bud:)
  15. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Ok... I'm thoroughly confused as to what point system is being used.
    The results I've calculated, Hatfield's table and emmo's table is all different??
  16. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    looks like bj has it in the bag, nice and close for 2nd, 3rd and 4th
  17. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You and Copper were equal on 22.5 after the two races. Copper gets the points for second place as he finished ahead of you in race one.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  18. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Ahh cool. Must've been doing something wrong with my calculations..
    That's why I leave it up to you pros :p
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  20. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    QF for race one went well, a little too well, as I nabbed second on the grid. Which gave me a few nerves tbh as I'm used to applying, I'll use the term loosley - pressure - from the back of the pack.

I was able to maintain 2nd position for a good lap and a bit, but my nerves started to show and my driving line through corners 3/4/5 were a bit off causing me to loose some speed, which saw Ranok3n come up on my tail faster than probably even he expected, enough to clip me and send me spinning out on the back straight. No doubt it felt like an eternity for both of us as he pulled up and waited while I worked my way back onto the track, putting us in positions 5/6 respectively. I was now trailing VARDZ who eventually ran a corner wide on lap 3 which I took advantage of, to then find Homebrew up ahead on the back straight had hit the sand, gifting me 3rd position. But VARDZ was on my tail with Ranok3n not far behind.

A few corners later VARDZ and Ranok3n were mixing it up which gave me a slight gap as I looked forward to try and close the gap between myself and Copperj32 but being hesitant to push too hard my focus seemd to drift onto VARDZ who was coming up from behind. Over the next few laps the gap between us was shifting around the 3 second mark (I think) but by lap 7 I finally touched the sand on the first corner which gave VARDZ 3rd and so I had no choice but to keep focused and to try and stay on VARDZ and hopefully apply some pressure of my own.

For the next few laps the gap between us two was around 3 seconds. Long enough for me to think we were really well matched for this race. By lap 10 on the second last corner I could see VARDZ take 2nd as Copperj32 had some problems, but only enough to put him in 3rd position as I maintained 4th, meanwhile there was enough time and we all had the pace to nab 2nd on the podium...over a few laps VARDZ and Copperj32 had a slight gap beyond me, but their proximity to one another meant I always had them close by as they probably lost some valuable time amongst the challenge of each other.

Meanwhile ranok3n is gaining and it was a matter of time before he'd be close enough to challenge my position with 5 laps to go. On lap 15 Copperj32 had taken 2nd and VARDZ now shadowed him and I saw my first real opportunity to pass VARDZ on turn 4 as he made a mistake but with no room to confidently pass I settled in behind him and watch my rearview to see Ranok3n closing the gap between us. It was now obvious that my fight was to maintain 4th position, and it'd take a mistake on behalf of VARDZ/Copperj32 to finish any better. By the approach of the second last corner on lap 15 Ranok3n saw the opportunity to pass me on the inside and went in too deep and fast and found the sand.

Heading into lap 16 I felt I could grab 4th but now felt 2nd/3rd was up for grabs, I was close enough. It was a question of who could stay focused and not give into the pressure...The first corner of lap 16 had VARDZ go wide, but I just could not find the right spot to overtake and he maintained 3rd position while I lost some pace. Enough to know I should be able to maintain 4th position but I'd need someone in front of me to make a mistake to get myself a podium, I just couldn't get close enough to put up a challenge. By the sixth corner (I assume there was no collision?) both Copperj32 and VARDZ ran the corner wide into the sand, gifting me 2nd position with only a few corners to go, so I eased ever so slightly off the throttle and maintained position till the finish line.

It was a great race, despite any hiccup, it again reinforced how well matched our group really is. Bruce aside of course ;) If you enjoy racing now Bruce, no doubt you'll be getting a kick out of Div 4 next season.

Going into race 2, I felt good. Was curious as to how we'd all go off the grid in reverse order (a great idea in itself) and I'm sure we'd all know that first corner would or could be an equaliser of sorts as we all slowed down and tried to manage it as best we could. 3 corners later I think we all had it sorted.

I found myself in 3rd position behind Ranok3n (2) and VARDZ (1) and by the sixth corner I found my way past Ranok3n and found myself in a familiar position behind VARDZ, Ranok3n right behind me, and then of course I could see Bj making his way through the pack.

By lap 2 I found some speed coming out of turn 5 and was too aggresively chasing 1st position with an inside line on approach to the sixth corner I braked late after just grabbing 1st but it was too late, not only taking myself into the sand, but taking VARDZ with me (I'm not sure if I ghosted during that moment, it looks like I've blocked any realistic line for VARDZ with my car but if I was a ghost maybe he could've stayed on the road? Hard to judge at the time from his POV and making a snap decision, I think most would turn away from my car and not try to drive right through it lol)

Either way, Ranok3n and Bj took 1st and 2nd position respectively with copperj32 not far behind them. Once again I found myself shadowing VARDZ. It's only lap 2 but we're all still quite close. Now in 5th position I've got Revhead_100 and Homebrew not far behind me at all.

By the end of lap 3 I had found the sand and Homebrew and Revhead_1000 drove on by, and I really started to consider the challenge on my hands from 7th position. At this point I should say I wasn't at all pessimistic, which means I've improved some lol. I felt the confidence of race 1 and my feel for the track and just felt like if I took it one corner at a time, I'd be fine. Not once did I even think, 'hey if I come off the sand again anytime soon, I'm really going to be stuffed.' lol

A lap or so later Homebrew drove into the sand on the back end of the course which put me in 6th position, tailing Revhead_1000
    I shadowed Revhead_1000 and again felt we we overtly well matched. By about lap 6/7(?) I took 5th position now with Revhead_1000 on my tail.

On lap 7 VARDZ, in 4th position, made a mistake, but corrected and still had a healthy gap between he and myself in 5th.
    Meanwhile around lap 8/9/10 myself and Revhead_1000 were switching positions fairly often. Great fun. It was around the eighth corner going into the ninth he unfortunately nudged* me from behind and I found the sand. By the next corner, turn ten I went wide and Homebrew drove by and i found myself in 7th position once more.

Lap 12 saw Homebrew make a mistake and find the sand, giving me 6th position.

By now Revhead_1000 had a good 5/6 second gap on me. My feeling was, with 5 laps to go, I probably couldn't catch him. Again, well matched, I felt he could maintain position. Lap 13 saw a reduction in the gap down to around 1.5 seconds at best and by lap 14 I was right on his tail. I couldn't find the speed to overtake, I was hoping maybe the pressure would force an error.

All the way now to the finish line, I stayed put in the shadow of Revhead_1000 and took 6th position in the end.

*Yeah bumping someone from behind is a tough one. I'd say the only thing I'd do next time Revhead is to give back the position, which I know sucks, as Ranok3n said before, it feels like an eternity, especially when someone ends up in the sand. If you think about it, we'd have gone on to challenge each other like we did anyway, so if there was any race/moment/corner to bump someone and have it be somewhat irrelevant...it was that one. Meanwhile if Ranok3n had've driven off in race 1 after his bump I'd a flagged that one lmao.

Interesting fact though, in watching the replay there is ZERO evidence of the bump in race 2! wtf...
    If anyone else in the division saved a replay, can you check it if you have the time, lap 10, corner's 7/8.
    I mean Rev you mentionjed the bump before I had a chance to, and I certainly felt the vibration/impact,
    yet the replay shows ZERO contact as if it was only the weight of my own car that took me out :confused:
    Now there's a bug if ever there was one.

I thought it was a really hard course to pass someone on. I mean over both races there were a few times where someone would approach a corner incorrectly and it felt good to take advatage of those brief moments, especially coming out of turn 5 yet sometimes those same spots were a nightmare where there's just no space to move anywhere but behind.

Also found the hovering name tags to be a real pain this time around, sometimes masking different brake markers, like on the first straight.