GT6 [COMPLETED] Senna tribute series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by leeboy910, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Good racing tonight, battles with emmo at Madrid and tb at Rome. Not real good finishes but the battles made up for it. Well done Mik.
    emmo46 and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  2. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Considering I had no practice since a testing night weeks ago, I think I did ok, wasn't that slow after all. Only a couple of major mistakes all night pretty happy with my performance.
    Unfortunately was a victim of my first dog move while at ROOZ, somebody might want to take a look at the driving standards thread on the forums.
    Thanks for the heads up the race was on natman and leeboy for hosting, had a heap of fun up until the last corner.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I qualified 2nd last for madrid and led Ad2 for the first five laps in a good battle until I overcooked the entry to the chicane and had a slow run onto the start finish straight allowing Ad2 to breeze past. I clung to his tail for a while until I spun under power at the right hander before the second timing mark. Ad2 must have got lonely like I did at Bathurst in the minis and dropped back to join me. I chased him hard for a few laps until he crashed at turn 1 and I ploughed into him. We took up the battle again and on the penultimate lap he seemed to be struggling a little and I close right up. He was twitching as we left the round about around the monument and I gave it some jandal to seize the moment only to loop it into the wall. I finished off the last lap watching the leaders arrows close on me and I got home only about 10 seconds ahead of being lapped.
    Rome was very boring, I qualified last and followed Ad2 and the others closely around the first half lap to the chicane. There I found a melee of cars and TB sitting sideways across the racing line, he was ghosted but as is the way of things he solidified just as I got to him and it was a big smash, We collided again while trying to get going and as a result I finished the first lap nearly a 1/3 of a lap down. It was very boring from then on with only the occasional sighting on the horizon of TB and Fastboy as they dropped back towards me only for them to quickly power off out of sight. Fastboy had a series of misadventures falling a lap behind even me and eventually retired to the pits after crashing into the pit entrance wall.
    I enjoy driving this little car but it can get very lonely trailing along behind the Div 1 and 2 guys.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  4. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I had mixed fortunes. It was my first time using the G27 and I'm still getting used to it so wasn't as confident as usual. Got into a rhythm by the second half of the Rome race.
    Madrid was a shocker, couldn't stop spinning! Finished 2nd last wayyyy behind haha.
    Rome was a bit better, nowhere near Rotors pace but still managed to be up the front. Not very eventful, but happy to finish second.
    A few guys missing tonight meant the field got spread out quite quickly due to only about 7 or 8 cars on track. Still a fun car to drive though :)
    Results will be posted shortly for my room.
    Enduring next week, should be interesting! Hopefully we get more drivers
  5. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Good racing last night. Really enjoyed it. At Madrid My spin on lap 12 cost me a great battle with anon where I finished second, and then Rome had all 3 front runners finding the wall somewhere. I thought I was gone mhen the car did a pirouette on the last corner, but cyber N anon bothe making mistakes got me back through. Good night of racing by all
    Ad2mny and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  6. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Race 1 results: Rotor pole and FL
    [​IMG]
    Race 2
    Rotor pole and FL
    [​IMG]
  7. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Good racing Thursday night rotor was fast as always smashed us I came in 2nd at Madrid with Natman and smoking Scotty slowly realing me in but had enough to cross the line in 2nd spot . Rome on the other hand qualified 4or 5 not a bad start made a few mistakes lost a lot of ground picking the time up again then got disconected all in all had some fun battles .
    R0T0R-AU86 likes this.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  10. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Dr-twist has expressed interest in this event but I can't find him in the Members list @stucar17 I have seen him in some testing rooms has he registered yet?
  11. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

12. CDT

CDT New Recruit

PSN ID
    dr_twist
    Yeah i wouldn't mind giving it a go :)
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  13. CDT

CDT New Recruit

PSN ID
    dr_twist
    Is "Improve body rigidity" considered tuning ? if so I'll have to buy a new F3 which i don't mind doing just want to know before i lash out my hard earned gt6 credits. Thanks in advance
  14. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    No mate, improve body rigidity is fine and also brake bias can be adjusted as well. Everything else won't let you get on track with the room set at "tuning prohibited" :)
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  15. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Haven't done any practice yet, but I can only assume that the FL tyre is going to cop an absolute flogging tonight. Will be a battle of who can make the least amount of pit stops
  16. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    @leeboy910
    Was hoping to join this round, but traveling overseas on the weekend and still have a lot do before then.
    Will be away for three weeks so will even miss the first rounds of the Sunday league as well.
    Sorry for pulling out, it's a great car to drive.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Bon Voyage Serge, have a great trip. I hope you're not flying Malaysian Airlines.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Have fun Serge, you off home for a bit? And what Emmo said!
  19. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Bon Voyage Serge have a good holiday mate.
  20. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Thanks guys, yes going to Colombia for my wife's brother wedding. Will be there for almost three weeks, will be doing anything but working.
    It I get time I'll jump on Friday night for a few laps, but I doubt it.
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.