Beam NG...this could be good

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by hairybear, Jun 29, 2014.

1. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

recently I had a play around with a tech demo of Next Car Game and was mighty impressed with the soft physics engine they were working on and can't wait to see how their destruction derby game turns out. but while fishing through the forums at AC the name Beam NG cropped up so just downloaded the tech demo. turns out this dumps on NCG's soft physics from an almighty height. I've got the full alpha version now and can say i'm honestly gob smacked with what they are doing. I was gonna do a vid to show it off but there is a plethora of Youtube vids that are simply awesome. mix this with SpinTires and things are getting mind blowing. seriously check it out!
  2. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    i have the full spin tyres version it is really good and addicting. BeamNG I have played the tech demo I think it is great it is really tempting to buy the alpha version
    hairybear likes this.
  3. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Any chance of a link guys?:D
  4. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    want a link for beamng?
  5. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
  6. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

the full alpha gets you a few more play areas including large and small islands, industrial complex with a race track, empty play area and a derby ring with a weird looking wasteland around it. there's all sorts of delapidated work sheds, docks and resorts and they are amongst the most detailed environs I've seen in any game let alone a driving game. even the way the wind gusts through the trees is faithfully done.
    I've seen multiplayer stuff and other environs on YouTube but i haven't checked out their site in any detail yet. i'm just having fun messing about in it.
    AJ.Scott and pykeybraa145 like this.
  7. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Wow I just watched the promo vid. The crash physics, like fully simulated crumple zones etc are stunning! Everything really is dymanic soft body physics!!
    AJ.Scott, hairybear and pykeybraa145 like this.
  8. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Looks cool. Can imagine a multiplayer destruction derby on open roads Mad Max style. Some of the roads remind me of the back roads where I grew up lol.
    hairybear likes this.