AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Nice. looking forward to running some multi player laps. :D
  2. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

is the Raceonoz teamspeak server working? I haven't been able to find it the past couple of days...
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    hairybear likes this.
  4. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    AC Server is up, :D
    Name:RaceOnOz
    Password:ROOZAC1 (all capitals)
    It's set for 30 min bookings atm, I'am still learning the "in n out's" of the servers operation, it's not hard or complicated just something new to learn, I should have the bookingless server up this evening all going well, just waiting to find out how I set it up, no tutorials to speak of, so I'm having to wait for support to reply with the info.
    Currently I have the BMW GT2, Z4GT3,MP4-12C-GT3 and Cobra-s1cars setup and Nurburgring and Silverstone inter tracks.

I haven't done any testing yet, will jump in this arvo :) if all goes to plan we can run some test laps tonight.
    If anyone has a track N car combo's they want to run, post it here;) and we'll see what we can do. As far as getting some proper events happening I think it's best we hang off till August, this will give me the time I need to really get my head around this server stuff, I'd feel pretty bad if I couldn't run the server properly during our 1st event:( :rolleyes: lol.

Also theres an updated version of the Nordschlieffe, it's now at v1.1 get it from the link below,
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/nürburgring-nordschleife.87535/

Cheers
    hairybear and KoAStR like this.
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Great news thanks AJ. Awesome will grab that new nordschlief.
    Cobra's on the server lineup sounds good.
    KTM X-Bow, particularly around the likes of nordschlief, or Ferrari 312T would be a couple of my combo requests off the top of my head.
    Ooh F40s at Silverstone are fun too.
    Catch you on there tomorrow if not tonight as well. Cheers.

I might add the server details with some links to any required mods to the OP, to make it easier to find.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  6. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Thanks mate :), Ive noticed a few other tracks have been updated since release too, the Nords is an awesome track, can't wait for the laser version :), had to have the Cobra on there, wanted to put more up but decided to play safe for now, plenty of time to mess with the car track combo's, and plenty of combos to play with, I'm downloading all the tracks from RD ATM :D.

EDIT: Will be going to a bookingless server as soon as I can set it up, waiting for the relevant info.
    Cheers
  7. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    hairybear likes this.
  8. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    GP2 Series mod has been updated to v0.9.4, link below
    http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/fcm-gp2-2014-season.2730/
    Lets hope my throttle issue is fixed :D

GP2 2014 Series - Changelog (July 18, 2014)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    - Fixed mirrors issues
    - Fixed tire wobble
    - New shaders
    - Added compatibility with 0.21 patch update
    - Added a new camera
    - Added F1 2014 OV1 HUD

GP2 2014 Series - Changelog (July 16, 2014)
    - Fixed random crashes
    - Added 2nd LOD model
    - Improved tire textures (dirt, normal maps)
    - Improved some graphical properties
    - Mirror fixes
    - Drivetrain fixes

GP2 2014 Series - Changelog (July 13, 2014)
    -Fixed clutch torque issues
    -Adjusted AI behaviour
    -Updated default setup to Eduard Mallorqui's base setup

Cheers, Enjoy!!
    hairybear likes this.
  9. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Hey I just viewed the Server. 375ms Ping I'm seeing.

Where is the server host located exactly ?
  10. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Its in France mate, I get about 400Ms from perth, if there's a problem with latency, which I'm told there wont be, I'll look at an Aussie group, have a 5 day money back guarantee, so 3 days left, see how it goes.
  11. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    I see. Not ideal, But like you say, we can see how it goes :)
  12. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hi guys, server is now functioning as a booking-less server, so no more booking in, just jump in and drive :D
    I'll be on and off all day, so if anyone wants to join me in some AC fun feel free, defo gonna be doing some laps tonight.

EDIT: sorry it's down ATM, not sure why

Cheers
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    Anon666 likes this.
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Looks like it is a bit laggy, OK for a bit of pit party fun, but too laggy for league racing. :(
    I guess those in Europe (and US) aren't familiar with the rubbish Aus network...:confused: probably isn't an issue going back the other way :rolleyes:

Anyone else getting graphical stuttering after the 0.21 update? It's not an FPS drop. Weird o_O
  14. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Yeah I know mate, it wasn't to bad tonight I did notice some warping and that was only 2 of us, I could get my bucks back, but as you say this is ok for a bit of fun, and its for 6mths and wasn't a bank breaker at less than $40, it's cheap fun imo......really;)

Might be ok for 8 or 10 cars I reckon, any more and it would start to suffer,

I cant say Ive had any real probs with graphics mate, what card you running?, I'm running a gigabyte GTX-7704Gig, which is probly why I don't suffer much graphical drama's:)
    Cheers
  15. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Anyone up for some AC laps tonight, KoAStR and I had a hoot last night :) ran the GP2's on Imola for a while, these things are awesome fun lots of grip till ya get it wrong, which I was doing consistently lol, KoAStR was always having to wait for me to get back on track :p, I was lapping in the 1:32's KoAStR dropped a 1:29.9 to qualy, nice lap mate;), I detonated my motor in the 2 lap downshifting to quick :rolleyes::oops:.
    Then we swapped to the Cobra's FFS what a beast, for me most the time i was just getting to grips with the brakes, or lack of, had to brake so far from the apex it's nutz, but what fun. Looking forward to more now :D

Cheers
    KoAStR likes this.
  16. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

I was getting stuttering at the corners, but with the graphics options changes in the new release I found all the new HDR options had been turned back on automatically. once these were back off everything ran ok again, although that was with only one car on track. looking at the site forum it seems every time an update comes out some people get a drop in frame rate. the game does seem to gobbling up even pretty kick arse pc's at the moment. if I run more than 20 cars ( 19 AI ) I get cpu overscheduling and the game runs at Matrix time ( ie. slo mo ) my pc has a i5 3570K and R9 290X so it's no slouch. maybe these guys went to the same programming school as the ARMA 3 folks lol. I hope you guys have played it or you won't get the connection :oops:
  17. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

the model detail and textures in this thing are gorgeous! that 98T does look so nice as well.
  18. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

sorry won't be able to drop in tonight for a run guys, it's my Monday tomorrow :mad:
  19. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    All good mate:cool:, plenty of time for some AC action :D
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Thanks HB I will look into that. Although I have typically run HDR from the get go without any issues. Maybe the new settings crank it up to another level?! -- actually I see FAA is back on, maybe that's it.
    Lol I have played ARMA 2, even that's enough to see the connection!

Yea that's it. Definitely sufficient for some social racing :)
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014