Division 4 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Yeah me too, need to put more practice in this season, if the mx5 falls behind, your only chance to catch back up is if the front runners make a mistake.
  2. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    I'm running a bit late due to traffic on the highway. I might have to postpone, but I'll get on as soon as I get home.
  3. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Sorry guys,I didn't get home until 1am,and I was frozen!lol. Catch up this week,& official M&G next Sunday at 8.30,once we have track list
  4. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    Hi Guys excited to be apart of div 4! Look forward to this next seasons races!
  5. ryan griffiths

ryan griffiths Rookie

PSN ID
    neemo55
    Cant wait for season 3.
    Body & rims -GT fluorescence 002
    DekGT5mad and emmo46 like this.
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Welcome aboard fellas, it looks like it is going to be a hard fought series, I hope I can get to the sharp end occasionally.
  7. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Not sure if I will be any where near the 'pointy' end with you emmo, but I am sure it will be fun trying to catch up!
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  8. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    So who are the newbies with me and who has been racing for awhile? Would love to hear about everybodies experiences so far.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  9. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    @AOCleaner74 been here since start of last year drifting between div3 and div4 depending how much I liked the previous season's car, and have had some brilliant battles/races along the way. Had some absolute shockers too but you get that sometimes, either from lack of effort practicing or just pure lack of talent. The community's efforts to provide good clean racing enforced by penalties has proven very successful, and it seems that every season I've been here, the community grows larger through word of mouth and random invites in open lobbies to people with exactly the same desires almost everyone has here, good clean racing.

Hopefully pd and psn can get their acts together to create a more stable racing environment (PS4 seems a lot more 'solid' in that respect) and thereby better racing experiences. The effort put in by the mods will ensure you have the closest racing possible with the maximum number of competitors, it's up to you to put the effort in to make sure you are up to speed with the circuits to keep yourself amongst the action.

Good luck to you and everyone this season. I'm hoping to improve on last season myself, so somewhere in the top 5'd be great. See how we go and see you all on track soon.
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok, guys, a few things.

1. Drivers will have their divisions confirmed tonight, i have had a look at practice pace, and chatted to a few people / drivers in prac rooms, and also a withdrawal so there will be a couple of small adjustments.
    2. Track list and start date will be confirmed tonight @ about 8:30.
    3. The points structure for this season will be changing to reflect the larger grids across all divisions. Points will now go down to 15th place, rather than the top 10.
    4. WE NEED TO CONFIRM ROOM HOSTS FOR THE START OF THE SEASON. IF YOU CAN POST YOURSELF UP AS A CANDIDATE WITH A STRONG CONNECTION TO HOST THAT WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
    5. Please have all drivers in your division on your friend list. This seems to help with room stability, with big grids we need to do all we can to keep the rooms as stable as possible.
    6. The mod team reserve the right to make adjustments to the season regs if we feel it is in the best interest of the community. This may be due to a PD update, or something that has been overlooked, or obviously not working.
    7. There is still time to get new members into the season. If you get a new member to join and participate for the season you will be allocated 1 extra ticket in the end of season prize draw. Cut off is the day of round 2 in the championship.
    8. We will be running a meet and greet before the season starts. This is a chance to check room compatability, and also a chance to make any last minute changes where needed. Please try to be available for that.

Stay tuned for more info tonight

Stu & mod team.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys

Opening post updated with track list and tire regs.

MEET AND GREET : Sunday 3rd AUGUST
    SEASON START : Sunday 10TH AUGUST

ROOMS OPEN : Approx 7:30 - Qualifying @ 8:10 EST - RACE START 8:20 EST (pending room issues)

Good luck for the season, should be a cracker
  12. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    Thanks Stu!! CANT WAIT!!!!!!!
    pykeybraa145, DekGT5mad and stucar17 like this.
  13. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Hey mate! Welcome to ROOZ!
    I've raced with you a number of times already during the testing sessions and some of the other side series.
    I'm sure once you've raced in more of the sessions with the guys here, you'll fall right into place! :)

This is my 3rd season so far.. ROOZ was originally mentioned in passing on a forum I frequent (OCAU), which in turn led me to Whirlpool, where I found the link to this website.
    I have loved this place since my first post in the Newbie section, everyone is always willing to help and so bloody friendly it's almost sickening :D
    Prior to joining ROOZ, I ran in a couple of GT500 leagues, but there was only the one league, so I was always running at the back of the pack. I was pretty ecstatic when I found out this place caters for fast and slow drivers.
    I started off in Div5 and remained there for 2 seasons, having been promoted to this Division for season 3.
    I am by no means fast, but even being in a lowly division has helped build my race experience and confidence.
    Stick around and I have no doubt the same will happen with you. :)
  14. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Thanks SuiCid3, I do remember sharing the track ( and in my case the dirt!) with you. Have been getting a lit bit of practice in, it has been about 2 years since I last played GT 5 so I am still a little bit rusty... Just bought a G27 wheel so in the next few weeks I will slap together a cockpit and get the full racing experience!
    I joined this group as a few friends of mine ( and I use the words friends very loosely :D) with Blindman and Kart racer as we are old karting buddies from the years gone past.
    So far I am really enjoying the racing and look forward to the series. Unfortunately I will be missing the first round.
  15. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Very happy with the track choices.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  16. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Hey guys,welcome to the newbies,i've been at ROOZ since about season 10 in the GT5 times (Aah,dem's was da days, network stable,remote driver aids you could actually use,no glitching,lol) and have been fairly stable in my grading,was div 2 when 3 divs,now div 4 when 6 or 7 divs,though that's really my fault,i've thrown my toys out of the sand pit once or twice(no fault of ROOZ) and really i do this racing for fun as i do i-racing as well,which if any of you do it,you know that it's another level alltogether compared to GT6.
    I'm a very clean racer,which emmo46 & Ad2mny will vouch for. I've only had one win in ROOZ championship races,funnilly enough at one of my least favourite tracks,Rome in the CitroenGT racecar,mostly because i practiced that week. I intend to practice and do well this season as we are in a car i thoroughly enjoy driving,so look out guys,i'm looking to run for the title!!!!!:p:D
    Thru turn 1 in pos i Q'd in,P3(Bronze),headed by Leeboy(27),& Stumbles01(orange)
    1111111111111111111111 011.jpg
    stucar17 and Ad2mny like this.
  17. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Ok guys,we'll do a test run tomorrow night,room open at 8.00pm,we'll run through all this season's tracks with a short race,mostly to check we all have our connections sorted. If any of the new guys don't have their DMZ active for their PS3 with a static IP address & the 8 PSN ports entered in the Port forwarding/virtual servers,i can help them after the session,you just need to know your make & model of router & username/passwords for ADmin, & have a PC or laptop/tablet to access it,i can then guide everyone through step by step,& believe me it's worth it,just ask Ad2mny!!!! Took him a long time to get things sorted(90% Failstra's fault),but now he could change his name to Aving0now(DSC's) lol:p:p:p:p(i'll excpect a punt tomoz for that one Ad,he,he):p:p:p:D:D
    This isn't the official M&G,but if as many can come as possible,we'll be to use next week to check how any new settings done for people work
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
    Ad2mny likes this.
  18. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    @DekGT5mad got the mini event this Sunday but will head over when it's done (about 9.30ish). Everybody who doesn't have me on their list send me an FR and I'll add you ASAP.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  19. gentlemen jim

gentlemen jim Rookie

Good job Stucar, I like most of the tracks. Should be very close racing with these car. Will be there for the pre season meet.
    DekGT5mad and stucar17 like this.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks Jim, have to say though that it was Cyber and a few of the other guys who did most of the testing for the tracks. They have done a great job, in something that wont suit everyone. With over 80 drivers the track and regs hopefully suit the majority ;)
    DekGT5mad, SuiCid3 and Clevohead like this.