Division 4 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    I wont make it to the meet and greet tonight fellas NBN & OPTUS have let me down for the 3rd week in a row and still no connection. Will have to race at a different location then my house :(
  2. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Not sure what time I'll be home, but I'll jump on as soon as I can
  3. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    I'll open as soon as X-factor finishes,gotta keep the better half happy! lol:p
  4. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    Sorry Guys wont be able to make it tonight :( i will sure see you through the week for practice but i will defiantly be racing next Sunday :)
    pykeybraa145 and stucar17 like this.
  5. ryan griffiths

ryan griffiths Rookie

PSN ID
    neemo55
    Good little meet n greet last night. Room loaded up quite quick. Looking at the laptimes its gonna be a pretty competitive racing. Cant wait for the first race :)
    emmo46 likes this.
  6. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Please try to be online tomorrow night so we can make sure your router is setup correctly.I'll have a room open most nights this week,so i can help others get their stuff sorted to.If you can't make it tomorrow try to make it at least once before sunday so we can check all is good and then we can have a good clean start to the season:)
    In case you don't know what i mean,for ideal stability & compatibility you need to have done the following;
    1:Static IP address for PS3/4
    2:Set router to run through the DMZ (De-Militarized Zone,no firewall)
    3:port Forwarding setup
    4:All Div 4 members on your friends list
    I know it does seem a bit pedantic,but believe me,the effort is worth it.I personally have not been DSC'd since setting up my router,and you only have to look at Ad2mny for proof it makes a difference,he's gone from multiple dsc's every night to none,but it's not only about you not getting dsc'd,it's also about the data from others that is passed on through your connection
  7. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Sorry I missed you all last night, when I tried to join the room it kept saying "cannot connect due to incompatibility with server host" even when the room changed hosts. I could access loads of other rooms just not the one I needed to. So after an hour of resetting modems, ps3's and clearing caches I gave up and the boys in Div 1 were kind enough to let me run around at the back of their pack which was a sight to behold. I will work on my connection during the week so I will be on the grid for next Sunday night.
  8. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Did you come to my room? I don't remember you being there.The room loaded quickly because most of us have our routers set correctly:)
    Was a great M&G,and boy is it going to be a red hot battle this season,will be extremely good fun:):):):p:p:p:D:D:D
    SuiCid3 and emmo46 like this.
  9. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    What is your NAT? To be incompatible with me you'd probably have to be NAT 3,which isn't any good for unfixed lobbies.You can join myself and Ranok3n tuesday at about 8.30 if you like and i'll guide you through setting your router correctly
  10. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Yeah i'm a NAT 3 :( I can access most rooms but every now and then I get the error. I would really appreciate the help, i'm pretty new to how it all works online so any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  11. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    What type of internet are you using? We run unfixed so as to not have the situation of the host dsc'ing and the race having to be re-run.Imagine you are in the lead by 10secs & the host dsc's on lap 32 of 33,then on the re-run you have a shocker and finish 10th of 12. It'd be crushing,wouldn't it! lol It's easier to deal with if it's you that dsc's,not the host
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  12. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Telstra ADSL unlimited plan with wireless router. Would it make a difference if I connected with cable instead of wireless?
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  13. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Yep that would make a massive difference.
    SPL Racing and DekGT5mad like this.
  14. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Your main problem is going to be the telstra modem/router,Ad2mny can testify to that.The easiest way is to buy your own ranging from $50---$120 from Dick Smith,etc,NOT FROM TELSTRA(even the"upgraded"model is a joke,they are really designed more for streaming movies than gaming). My personal recommendation for a good reliable budget modem/routerwould be the Netcomm Wireless NB604N. I used one of these for a long time and had zero issues,& they're really easy to setup.There are heaps of different brands,but i'd stick to the above,Netgear,TP-link,& D-link or other KNOWN brands.You can pick up really good bargains online.I can help you configure it by telephone if you want
    Have you set a static IP address on your PS3/4?
    I'm online now so if you want i can open a fixed lobby for you to join to talk,do you have a mic?
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  15. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I'm working today but will jump on tonight and check it out. My wife is the tech savvy one in our house so I'll Sus it out with her but might do a run to dicks for an upgrade. Thanks for being so helpfull.
    stucar17, DekGT5mad and SuiCid3 like this.
  16. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    You'll also be able to switch providers more easily with your own router
  17. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    No problem,check the private chat i'll start with you shortly,i'll give you my phone number
    SPL Racing and DoogleDave like this.
  18. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    @SPL Racing In case you don't know,you can use any mobile phone bluetooth headset,but you only get the chat in your ear,not the game sounds
  19. ryan griffiths

ryan griffiths Rookie

PSN ID
    neemo55
    I didn't see who the host was lol but it was div 4. I did leave when a new room was been set up which must of been your room.
  20. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    We started in another room before we switched to Dek's, Ryan was in that room but didn't come over to Dek's.
    DekGT5mad likes this.