AC [COMPLETED] The Nordschleife Challenge

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by AJ.Scott, Jul 25, 2014.

1. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Ok, I found the piece of ini code I was referring to, now I cant say if this will fix the issue, but worth a shot.

"Unpark" your cores you can google to find out how to do it, there several utilities to do it or if your tech savy more scripty ways of doing it.
    Then in steam go to ac properties set launch options add:
    -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=8 -high
    and try running the game.

Cheers
    hairybear and Tovey_4saken like this.
  2. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    cheers mate ill give it a shot :)
  3. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    okay unparked cores in regedit was pretty simple which is good added code line for ac and also verified files for ac turns out 8 were damaged so this could of been the cause all along lol going to try it out now
  4. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    WE HAVE LIFE!!!! it works Thank you heaps mate now i have no problems and constant 110 fps smooth as ever :) now i can get some laps in :)
    AJ.Scott and KoAStR like this.
  5. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Awesome mate, glad the fix was fairly straight forward, and solved your issue :)

I still cant sit in my rig comfortably enough to run any laps, so it looks like it'll be tomorrow night.....I hope.

Cheers
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  6. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

sweet! looks like i'll be able to make the first round on Monday!
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  7. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hi guys,
    Sorry for the delay in getting the event format posted :oops:.
    I have decided to run 2 x 45 min sessions as 3 x 30 would be rather hectic, as we would only manage roughly 4 laps in the 30 min.

Also, as I originally intended this event to be more of a time trial, I had no plans for races, but that defeats the purpose. so the 2x45 min session will be our qualy followed by a 3 lap race, this puts us at about 70 - 75min per qualy/race. Give or take 5 - 10 min for any issues that may arise.

Server open 24/7.

RACE 1;
    Qualify (45min) = 6.30pm wst - 8.30pm est start, 7.15pm wst - 9.15pm est finish.
    Race (3laps) = 7.20pm wst - 9.20pm est start, (Estimated 27 mins +/-)

Race 2;
    Qualify (45min) = 7.50pm wst - 9.50pm est start, 8.35pm wst - 10.35pm est finish.
    Race (3laps) = 8.40pm wst - 10.40pm est start, (Estimated 27 mins +/-)

Your fastest lap from either night whether in qualify or the race is the time that will be posted as your fastest lap for the week.
    Now, don't forget you can race any of the 4 nominated cars on any given week, but you must use it both nights that week.

Don't forget to setup teamspeak so we can chat and swap setups.

:cool: back is feeling better today, so I WILL be on from about 7pm EST, come join me :D.

Cheers
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  8. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Ran some laps tonight in the BMW M3 GT2 and managed to get a 7:05.2 wasn't a clean lap either :oops:, I can still get more out of it I'm positive, sub 7min is a definite in this car, Ive found a nice balance in the car with the setup and as long as I stay OFF the BIGGER curbs it's all good ;). Anyone got any ideas on how we can share setups??

I got a copy of dropbox, but haven't spent much time going over it, need to activate clipboard or some such app in windows that has been conveniently buried Thanks MS you're Fkn wonderful...not!:mad:. "sighs" now that ive got that of my chest :p:D

I updated the server earlier with some parameters that were missing, such as:
    fuel burn,
    tyre wear,
    Mech Damage,
    Dynamic track, Optimum. I think?

So now we have control of the track quality etc, I can alter it if you guys want it so :), but I'll need to look for some info on what numbers to use for the fuel and tyre burn, I'm presuming a number of 200 would give a X2 fuel burn, guess I'll need to experiment a little if i cant find any info.

Cheers.
    Anon666 and Tovey_4saken like this.
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Cool. Yep I have run a sub 7 in the GT2 with only minor set adjustement (tyres, aero, fast bump).
    We can share setups in a number of ways. Teampeak has a file server (right click the channel you are in), can also upload files to forum posts (see button 'upload file' next to 'post reply' under the input window). I have dropbox too, but that requires one of the previous to post a link into, so might as well use one of them.
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  10. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Thanks KoAStR, I keep forgetting about the file server in TS, don't use TS enough to remember, either that or my mind is packing it's bags:D.
    Here's my GT2 setup if anyone is interested, let me know how it feels?

For those who aren't sure drop the un-zipped file into: Documents/Assetto Corsa/setups/bmw_m3_gt2/nords_snoopy_1.1

Cheers

Attached Files:

11. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    All set for the first AC event tonight, can't wait to get it going :) I'll be on from about 5.30-6pm WST.

Cheers
    Tovey_4saken and Anon666 like this.
  12. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hey guys, last night on the Nords was much fun, with KoAStR setting a blistering time and Tovey_4Saken going sub 7min during race 2, I will post the lap times I have and a brief write-up later today.
    If you have noted you're quickest time post them as I was unable to get screenies of the lap times from races due to server restrictions, which I will look into over the next few days.

Cheers
    Anon666 likes this.
  13. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    mine was a 6;51:219 the only clean lap i got on the night haha mainly from trying to chase kostar haha :) was tons of fun even more so playing landmines when racing close to each other. who will blow up first haha good fun looking forward to wednesday :) bring on the bouncing ball beemer that looked at the curb lol :p
    AJ.Scott and Anon666 like this.
  14. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Lol following someone else can be great eh. Had heaps of fun last night thanks lads. Sorry I had to bail early... long weekend away with the lads so had to get off when the missus got in. :p

6:42.632s was my PB for the night.
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  15. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hey guys, thanks for a great 1st nights Assetto Corsa event, other than server latency, and a need to get the server
    better organised for these events saving laptimes etc, of which I will look into, the event went well.

After a short discussion it was agreed that we should all contest in the same vehicle each week, and the BMW-M3-GT2 was
    agreed to be the 1st weeks car of the Challenge.

The track is a very demanding, BuMpY and whindy in places, high speed monster of bitumen, limited runoff's and
    kilometre's of armco & concrete barrier's, and mistakes are easy to make with large prominant curbs which seem to just
    run out in front of you, just as you start catching the car in front

EVENT ONE:

The "Bouncing Beemer" as it's been affectionately tagged is an awesome little beast, till you mount a curb, which all of
    us other than KoAStR experienced at some point, KoAStR set the early pace in race 1 Qualifying, dropping into the low
    6:50's while the rest of us languished around or above the 7min mark.

By the time the 45min qualifying session closed KoAStR had put a solid 6:48.201 down, Tovey_4Saken with a 7:01.966, with
    myself on a 7:17.986, and Anon666 finding things a little hectic in the Bouncing Beemer with a hard driven 7:28.152.

Race 1 Start was a bit of a blur, I do remember having all manner of drama and being last at one point, not 100% sure who
    ended up being 2nd and 3rd behind KoAStR, but the 3 laps went by real quick.

EVENT TWO:

The Bouncing Beemer was upsetting all but the smooth and ever quickening KoAStR, and the 2nd race qualifying session was
    joined by Tedoki (hairybear) who put his intentions on the time board with a 7:26.637, the 2nd Qualifier was prooving
    more interesting than the 1st, and the Green Hell was living up to it's reputation.

By the time the session was done, KoAStR had gone quicker again with a 6:42.632, Tedoki had stayed firm on his 7:26.637,
    Anon666 had a 8:03.419, I, like Anon, had gone backwards in a big way with a very poor 10:34.764 and Tovey went from
    knocking on the sub 7min to an 11:20.617.

Race 2 launch was better this time with KoAStR dropping back so as to give us all something of a head start, although I
    had my doubts I would be in front of him for very long, which I wasn't, lol. We had our 1st restart after someone put
    their Beemer on its roof.
    Restart saw us bunched quite well for the first part of the lap which stressed the code big time, at one point I was
    trying to catch Tovey after a half spin, he was entering the double right hander that opens out under the walk brige, he
    suddenly seemed to turn 90* left and vanish, only to pop up some 100mtrs down the track, I also had a moment with Tedoki
    (hb) I think it was, we were side by side going through a slow right hander and next thing I saw him fly off my left
    rear, so latency is a concern to be looked at in the future if we want more stable close racing.
    Race 2 saw Tovey put in a stirling lap with a very nice 6:51.219 which was his fastest lap of the night and 2nd quickest so far behind KoAStR, who went even quicker than his previous PB posting a 6:38.xxx (not 100% sure, confirmation if someone has it please).
    I think it was Anon666? put his Beemer on its roof, Green Hell strikes again, lol.

Race ended with KoAStR stopping before the line, Anon666 retired with a collapsed sunroof, myself 2nd with an overall
    time of 24:29.499, Tedoki with 24:36.126 and Tovey_4Saken crossing with a 24:38.911.

Was lots of fun for our 1st event, can only get better as I/we learn more.

Practice one.
    [​IMG]
    Qualifying One
    [​IMG]
    Qualifying Two
    [​IMG]

WEEK ONE: Session One.

NAME. Laptime

KoAStR. = 6:42:632​

Ryan Tovey (Tovey_4Saken). = 6:51:219​

Insaneozzy (AJ.Scott). = 7:02:347​

Tedoki (Hairybear). = 7:26:637​
    Anon666. = 7:10:605​

If you have a quicker lap time than Ive posted, please let me know.

Cheers.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
    Anon666, KoAStR and Tovey_4saken like this.
  16. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    it was great i knew where to brake before i got there haha so no surprises from blind turns though on that lap if you had of gone off i would of followed you straight off haha
    KoAStR likes this.
  17. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hey AJ, I won't be around tonight. Got man flu and a big day tomorrow at work, so I'm hitting the sack. My FL was 7:10.605, but I really need to work on my right foot braking...hmmm braking in general really. Will catch you guys next week.
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  18. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    get better soon mate :) and will catch you on the next week.in the controller options in ac where you tweak the ffb there is a slider on the bottom right which affects brake pedal sensitivity maybe have a play around with that to find the sweet spot,ive got mine most left because i have really thick gage springs in my pedals so slight pressure is spot on half brake :)
  19. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    All good Anon, like Tovey said, get yourself well mate, I knew you had done a quicker time at some point than I posted :). Mate the right foot braking will come, like everything about this hobby/sport it's all down to practice, practice, practice :D, I can't talk I need heaps of practice, lol.

Cheers
  20. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Second night in the bouncing beemers was alot of fun with KoAStR, Tovey_4Saken and myself, feeling a bit more confident we all hit the bitumen with a purpose, to better Mondays time. But the Green Hell had other idea's.

In the 1st Practise session I managed to crack the sub 7min barrier....just, crossing for a 6:59:377. I had run an unofficial 6:56:2xx earlier offline, so I knew I was capable of going quicker. Tovey was punching out 6:53's consistently, with KoAStR racking up 6:44's.

Qualify 1:
    Was event free with no-one posting any quicker lap times than Monday, I forgot to take a screenie, sorry guys, was busy having fun trying to keep the beemer on the asphalt ribbon in an attempt to nail a quicker lap. Final places were, Koastr, Tovey then myself.

Race 1:
    I was determined to go quicker than the 6:59 I had posted, but after 3 laps I still couldn't get the sub 7min I was chasing, lol. Kept pushing the envelope but also kept muffing it with silly mistakes and suffering the 5sec penalty, and it only takes one penalty to miss that all important lap time, but alas, I wasn't alone in my Battle with the bitumen, Tovey was suffering a similar fate, having more off moments than was planned. Cant wait for Kunos to introduce the race recording component to AC, my memory is terrible, lol.

Qualify 2:
    Saw KoAStR post a quicker PB stopping the clock at 6:41:130, well done KoAStR. Tovey and I were working hard to set new PB's but it wasn't to be, with Tovey rolling his beemer and having to leave as it was getting late. KoAStR and I decided to call it a night also.

Practise 1.
    [​IMG]

Qualify 2
    [​IMG]
    Looking forward to next week.

Guys, week 2 see's us needing to pick the next weapon of choice, what's you're preference?
    Cobra
    Xbow
    T312
    Personally, would like to get the cobra out of the way, or maybe leave it till last, least we'd know every bump and curb by then and might be able to squeeze a little more from it, just a thought. The T312 is fun, Ive run some laps here already, haven't tried the Xbow yet.

I will update the OP with the weekly final lap times.

Cheers
    KoAStR likes this.