Division 4 Season 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 6, 2014.

1. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
  2. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    And by the way Cyberis doin a 1.0??? ( looking after you Cyber, don't want to give your times away):) Anyway, he is bloody fast!
  3. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    It's a good compliment:) I don't mind the competition so for me u r welcome to stay
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  4. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    If you at least setup your friends router, you'll probably sort the lag. Seems a few people had problems with LP's when around you. Check what ADSL/ADSL2+ profile he's set on. If he hasn't ever moved it , it'll be set to a standard profile which is more for streaming than gaming.Try to use low latency or very high speed

Was a good race, but as i spent all my warm up time sorting People issues (WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE ALREADY) so i had no flow going & took me half the race to warm up. Stuffed up going for the 3 stop strategy, at half distance was last, so to climb to 9th was reasonable, but i really just made far too many mistakes & then over drove trying to make time. Oh well, i thought 4-5th beforehand was about as good as i'd do. Otherwise i'm stoked that the room went so well, the only people who had issues didn't get their friends list & routers sorted DESPITE ALL THE POSTS REGARDING THIS.
    So this week if you don't sort it beforehand BAD LUCK! END OF STORY!
    I'm not being rude, but there are 168 hrs in a week, and it's not fair on everyone else to have to wait for people who don't read the thread except for their own posts & replies. YOU NEED TO READ ALL THE DIV 4 POSTS. IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE TO SAY I DIDN'T KNOW, I DIDN'T SEE THAT.
    I'm more than happy to help, but NOT 15mins before race time.
    Juat one thing to add, some of the new guys need to settle down a bit on the first few laps, the ones that i chipped via the mic to settle down, know who i mean. eg: dive bomb creating 3 wide situation at the left sweeper then up the hill on lap 1 is too much.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  5. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Im hoping it was a one off for @CPTNPEACH and his net will be up and running for next round?
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  6. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    Molch was saying pykey was glitching and smoking most of the race and he had done all the steps of port forwarding and static ip so maybe it has something to do with gran turismo servers also. My friend doesn't want me playing with his settings which Is fair enough I don't mind not racing until my NBN connects if that's a problem.
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  7. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    What's the time frame Peachy. They can't keep you internet-less for too long can they?!
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  8. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    Been 3 and a half weeks so far mate. Brand new house just need NBN to connect by digging a trench but it's harder then it seems. Getting no answers and no follow up is taking its toll. I will see if I can use my modem if need be at My Mates if I'm not connected by this Sundays race.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  9. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Bloody hell!! They slow my internet for an hour and I'm lost. Hope they sort it soon.
    DekGT5mad and CPTNPEACH like this.
  10. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    Me to mate. Will keep you guys updated.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  11. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    As Molch was the only one who saw him lag, it would be Molch's connection. He had a bit of lag occasionally last season and DSC's.
    ONCE AGAIN FOR ALL.
    IF ONE PERSON DOES NOT HAVE THEIR ROUTER'S SETUP IN DMZ & PORTFORWARD IT WILL CREATE ISSUES ESPECIALLY IN A FULL ROOM. FOR THOSE DRAGGING THE CHAIN, SORT OUT YOUR CONNECTIONS OR THE SAME WILL HAPPEN EVERY WEEK.
    I've tried to coax ppl but it don't seem to work so it's a case now of if you don't do it, DON'T WHINE ABOUT INCIDENTS & IF YOU HAVE DONE IT PRESSURE THE ONES WHO HAVEN'T, I'VE DONE AS MUCH AS I CAN
  12. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    That's a great idea Peachy, you can have it preconfigured & just plug in. If your ADSL plan had/has a backup dial up number you can use a lower ping profile and it won't have anything to with changing his settings(not that it's hard, i can't understand why ppl are scared of changing them short term)
  13. ryan griffiths

ryan griffiths Rookie

PSN ID
    neemo55

Like many others on here I'm pretty busy during the week and also my life doesn't revolve around refreshing the forum every 5 minutes to see all new posts or go through old ones. Cant work out how people have had 168hrs to do the port forwarding. I calculated I only had 49hrs, once sleep and work was subtracted from my day and other miscalanous activities and I still didnt find time to port forward.
  14. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
    Hey guys in the race was I glitching at all??
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  15. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    Hey Dek for the record, the only issues I had last season were with Ad's who got his connection sorted by getting a new router. First season I had DSC's etc but I sorted all of that out since.

Regardless of the previous seasons success I have followed all instructions of port forwarding etc to a tea and in all of my prac I haven't had anyone else skidding or lagging around me. The prob might not of even been Pykey or I but i took it upon myself to back away as the old half a sec to save 15-20 seconds was worth it in my opinion. Im also trying to show others that sometimes it's not worth it to sit on someones ass if they are lagging around you (regardless of who is apparently causing it).

My only gripe at all with the race on Sunday night was the use of MIC's. We should turn the option off which I believe will also save people's bandwidth. You can't talk to other race drivers in a real race so why do we do it in the online world. Everytime I had a voice come down the headphones it distracts from the race rhythm.

Can we have a vote to have them on or off on race night in the DIV 4 rooms from now on?
    Jim_aka_The_Man and CPTNPEACH like this.
  16. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    In Div 5 we had them on pre race. Everyone muted them during the race and once the race was completed we turned them on again. We had no issues with this. It made it easier for the room captain to advise when qualiy etc was starting
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  17. Molch

Molch Rookie

PSN ID
    Molch_82
    I have to admit its pretty handy when we were sorting peoples issues and qualifying. The issues are when someone is in the moment and has a go at drivers over the mic, this distracts others who are not involved in the incident and should not happen in my opinion. Also I think we should be more conscious of the drivers on the track at the finish. There was alot of talking before all drivers had crossed the finish line which should also isn't fair, you just don't know who is in close battle being distracted by those congratulating each other and talking about the race results.
    ryan griffiths and Bluemoon like this.
  18. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Totally agree Molch, If you are going to run mics on race nights it should be up to the captain to determine when they are to be muted and turned on again at the end. Thats how we did it in div 5 and it worked well
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  19. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Clean from my view mate.

Agreed. It is definitely handy, but there's a time and place.

Maybe a 5 second penalty for every use during the race? ;)
    DekGT5mad, X-WTF_MAN-X and Molch like this.
  20. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    The only time i actually said anything was the first lap apart from that as said beforehand only for pit acknowledge. Real racing you can stick a hand out to let ppl know. You're absolutely right about the lag situation and sitting back a touch. Seeing as you have done your router, it would've been caused by one of the ones that hadn't. On the mics/bandwidth, on research i've found out that if mics are activated but not used, the lobby uses the extra bandwidth for lobby stability. You can turn the voices off completely in your accessory settings if it bothers anyone. They should only be used in tge described situations pre-race
    Peter Wise likes this.